• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Heroin Cotton shots

ovo1024

Bluelighter
So I've heard about cotton fever, and bacteria issues. But I've never experienced any of that & I actually enjoy doing a cotton rinse. I get a decent buzz and if I'm sick a cotton shot will get me well for at least 3 or 4 hours until I can get H. Oh and where I live (North West Arizona) I get real Heroin. Not fentynal cut garbage

What exactly are you asking, there young man!? I did cotton shots when I was desperate fosho and sometimes it was better than enough to just get me well. Glad they have done you some good - just fingers crossed on the cotton fever thing. That blows - happened to me once. Horrible! Make sure to store your cotton properly.

This brings up a good question, what (if any) way is there to store cottons to minimize/eliminate bacterial growth?

My thought would be to put a used cotton immediately into a small vial with some isopropyl alcohol in it. Once enough saved up in said vial, pour both the isopropyl and cottons out into a cooker. Let it sit near a fan to completely evaporate all the isopropyl off. Once dry, add water and use.

-GC

What exactly are you asking, there young man!? I did cotton shots when I was desperate fosho and sometimes it was better than enough to just get me well. Glad they have done you some good - just fingers crossed on the cotton fever thing. That blows - happened to me once. Horrible! Make sure to store your cotton properly.
What does cotton fever feel like exactly & how long does it last?

Cotton fever for me was like the worst flu times 10! Severe body aches,killer headache and lots of puking!

Cotton fever will begin anywhere from 5 to 20 minutes after the dirty shot. You will start to feel cold (no matter how warm the weather is) and your high will be much less enjoyable. Severity varies. I've had it where I just took some acetaminophen/paracetamol and it went away, and I've also had it so severely that I was shaking uncontrollably under 3 blankets with my teeth chattering. Least I got it was 45 mins and longest was 3 hours, but online it says that it can last longer than that.

Everyone says micron filter to be safe, but I have no experience in using those.

So I've heard about cotton fever, and bacteria issues. But I've never experienced any of that & I actually enjoy doing a cotton rinse. I get a decent buzz and if I'm sick a cotton shot will get me well for at least 3 or 4 hours until I can get H. Oh and where I live (North West Arizona) I get real Heroin. Not fentynal cut garbage
Idk if it's possible with ur heroin but here in the south all I get is Black Tar and I quit using cottons years ago. All I do is get the tar and place it on a water bottle top and just add a bit of water and mix it with the syringe plunger till it's just black water and i just suck it up into the syringe and shoot it like that. When i started shooting i used cottons and it would look like tea inside the syringe and see through. Now it's all black and not see through. But I guess it depends on the dope.

Idk if it's possible with ur heroin but here in the south all I get is Black Tar and I quit using cottons years ago. All I do is get the tar and place it on a water bottle top and just add a bit of water and mix it with the syringe plunger till it's just black water and i just suck it up into the syringe and shoot it like that. When i started shooting i used cottons and it would look like tea inside the syringe and see through. Now it's all black and not see through. But I guess it depends on the dope.
Its probably better looking like tea, pure heroin would be clear

I have found a way to prevent cotton fever that is 100% effective. For the last year I've been adding 1/2 to 1 unit of rubbing alcohol to my shots. I haven't gotten CF once. I realize that it's possible that I've just been lucky, but I believe that the alcohol is neutralizing the bacteria that causes the fever. I shoot H, Fen, Ds and Subs and it works w/ all of them.

Some may think it's crazy, but you're already banging a bag of stuff that you have no idea what's all in it, what's a drop of rubbing alcohol in the grand scheme of things?

Try it, don't try it; its up to you. I just thought I'd share my findings, as CF is a miserable ordeal and I'll do whatever it takes to mitigate its existence in me. Just don't reply to me telling me how bad it may be to shoot rubbing alcohol. I'm sure it's not recommended to do, but I don't think it's any worse than what I'm already shooting, and it prevents the misery that is CF. Cheers. 🍻

When I used to IV pills and H, I once got it so badly, my temperature was 105 degrees F. Apparently, this is high enough to cause heart problems and permanent organ damage! I was so freaked out, and came very close to waking up my parents (I lived at home at the time, 12 years ago, and they weren't aware of the extent of my addiction back then) and going to the ER. I remember wiping myself frequently with a cold wet rag, trying to stay as cool as possible. It went away a few hours later, but was super scary.

This is an interesting article about limits of medical knowledge about cotton fever. In 30 years of injecting stimulants on and off and always filtering through cotton balls I’ve never experienced it. Which kind of surprised me since I normally used a fairly large wad of cotton and would re-use it for 4-5 shots daily for up to week ensuring that when I ran out of gear there was always one nice big morning lifesaver shot at the end of binge. Seems to be almost always a heroin or opiods thing. With speed, coke and meth never.

For those of you saying you use no filter whatsoever, this is horrible HR advice. For absolutely any IV street drug and pills for that matter any filter is better than no filter. Of course a micron filter would be ideal, but for the vast majority of users I think a cotton ball is more realistic. Even a cigarette filter, though not as good as real cotton, is better than nothing at all. Please filter your shots folks.
As for doing cotton rinses, although it’s not the best practice health wise, I am most certainly guilty of it. And you’re not necessarily just shooting all the stuff you filtered out of the first shot. You’re still sucking it back up through the cotton and it should keep most of the particulates originally filtered out in the cotton and not in your rig. You’re rinsing away residual drug not breaking down insolubles. The trouble is with bacteria that grows on stored cottons.

Pressing cottons is never smart, but if you're going to, leave them somewhere they can dry as quickly as possible.

I pumped almost every cotton I ever used at one point or another, never got cotton fever. I would just leave them to dry on a shelf. They'd be almost completely dry within a couple hours. That being said, IVing shelf dust isnt smart

Pressing cottons is never smart, but if you're going to, leave them somewhere they can dry as quickly as possible.

I pumped almost every cotton I ever used at one point or another, never got cotton fever. I would just leave them to dry on a shelf. They'd be almost completely dry within a couple hours. That being said, IVing shelf dust isnt smart
Other than one suspected bout of CF many years ago, I think this has been what’s saved me. I would just leave my cooker out until the cotton got crispy then store them away until I got desperate enough or eventually threw them out. The crispier the better.

I have found a way to prevent cotton fever that is 100% effective. For the last year I've been adding 1/2 to 1 unit of rubbing alcohol to my shots. I haven't gotten CF once. I realize that it's possible that I've just been lucky, but I believe that the alcohol is neutralizing the bacteria that causes the fever. I shoot H, Fen, Ds and Subs and it works w/ all of them.

Some may think it's crazy, but you're already banging a bag of stuff that you have no idea what's all in it, what's a drop of rubbing alcohol in the grand scheme of things?

Try it, don't try it; its up to you. I just thought I'd share my findings, as CF is a miserable ordeal and I'll do whatever it takes to mitigate its existence in me. Just don't reply to me telling me how bad it may be to shoot rubbing alcohol. I'm sure it's not recommended to do, but I don't think it's any worse than what I'm already shooting, and it prevents the misery that is CF. Cheers. 🍻

So my idea above does work :) I was curious..

Also love the name and the funky homosapien reference!! That brings me back.

-GC

Shoot a little water in the same spot immediately when u realize u got cotton fever. Instant cure

Please don’t come to a harm reduction site and offer potentially dangerous advice. What you are suggesting is making a bad situation worse. It’s best to see a medical professional if you are having a reaction to a bad shot.

I’m not telling you what to do, but please do not recommend something dangerous on a harm reduction board.

If you have some evidence for your claims, please site them. Because of the nature of drug use, peoples lives might be at risk.

Thank you

🧙‍♂️
By shooting a little water? How?

First the bacteria is already in the needle from the first shot. Adding more bacteria can lead to an even worse reaction. Even with a brand new needle you have the potential to spread the surface area of the bacteria leading to more of a problem than you began with. It’s best to not aggravate an already dangerous situation and if need be, seek out medical help because these reactions can turn serious

First the bacteria is already in the needle from the first shot. Adding more bacteria can lead to an even worse reaction. Even with a brand new needle you have the potential to spread the surface area of the bacteria leading to more of a problem than you began with. It’s best to not aggravate an already dangerous situation and if need be, seek out medical help because these reactions can turn serious really quickly.
Of course a new needle. I never reuse a needle. And shooting water in a spot that u just cleaned because u just injected there shouldn't aggravate the "not as dangerous as you are trying to make it sound" situation. What do u do when it happens to u Mr. Wizard?

What does cotton fever feel like exactly & how long does it last?

For me, it feels like a rapidly developing fever more than anything else and it's over within 24 hours. Still not fun but as you already know if you're doing cotton shots, then you're out of h and desperate. Worth the risk to me but I would advise people with an already weak immune system to think twice.