• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Heroin Cotton shots

I just recently dealt with a major bout of CF... Thanks to my ex not drying out his cottons whatsoever over a large time frame and it lasted a little over 16 hrs and I had severe convulsions, shivers, cold sweats, migraine, and vomiting. It was extremely unpleasant.

I understand when you are desperate to avoid withdrawal you'd do anything and forget safety but shooting up a solution from used cotton is very unsafe.
I throw away all my used cottons personally. I just remove any possible temptation. Not worth it IMO but I can understand why some people end up doing it. Withdrawal sucks and makes people do crazy stuff.
I'd rather suffer withdrawal for a bit than an infection but that's just me.

Just because so far you haven't got any issues after using old cottons hundreds of times, it doesn't mean you're immune to them forever. You've just been very lucky because you're healthy enough that your immune system can cope with the bacteria in your shots.

I always say that you can get away with sloppy and unsafe practices for even a very long time till that one time you're not so lucky comes along.
If you do unsafe stuff enough times you're bound to pay for it at some point. It's inevitable really.
Don't make this a habit at least if you're one known to shoot solutions from used cottons and at least store them as safely as you can. That idea of storing them in alcohol sounds like it could be safer than anything else.

They go into a bin, tbh....makes me sick cause I used to do that nonstop with coke...gross......srry guys....

I’ve never had any problems from cotton washes. It’s usually how I would finish off a bag of H. That being said, I wouldn’t do it unless it’s ABSOLUTELY necessary. The risk of infection is simply not worth it. Especially if it spreads to your heart, you only have one of those things. I count myself lucky as hell but for the sake of harm reduction just don’t do it. I would honestly throw them away or destroy them somehow because if you are WDing bad enough you are gonna be tempted to re use them.

This brings up a good question, what (if any) way is there to store cottons to minimize/eliminate bacterial growth?

My thought would be to put a used cotton immediately into a small vial with some isopropyl alcohol in it. Once enough saved up in said vial, pour both the isopropyl and cottons out into a cooker. Let it sit near a fan to completely evaporate all the isopropyl off. Once dry, add water and use.

-GC
It was suggested to me just to completely let them dry. And yeah often cotton shots are so much more than I ever had a clue I was leaving behind because I was in such a hurry…it up with a huge amount of dope. And I’ve never had cotton fever of which I’m Aware.

It did get kind of gross back then because with what was out there 20 years ago, if you missed you got nothing. So the scars were different. I recall doing plenty of blood shots weeks later which seems really wrong to me now. I mean were they hermetically sealed if they were your fluids and such, that is? I mean certainly just using the same works or water even in a closed rig, as time passed certainly it had to harbor bacteria even inside of the syringe. I just don’t know how I got out of it without endocarditis or hepC or cotton fever that I’m aware of…

Press the cots remove them bring that shit to a boil use a new cot to filter and ur good to go. Works for me I haven’t had the fever in years and I get down