• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Misc Cotinine (nicotine metabolite) effects

Synaps3

Bluelighter
Has anyone ever tried cotinine? The wikipedia page says it may be effective as an antidepressant. Anyway, the reason why I'm interested in it is because I've never smoked before, but I started using nicotine gum occasionally and I didn't notice much effects except that it calmed me down a bit and made me more focused. However, when it would wear off, I felt a lot less depressed and somewhat euphoric (way different from the gum itself).

This got me thinking about trying cotinine because it is the metabolite of nicotine and is said to have antidepressant effects.

If I try it, does anyone know what the dose would be (same as nicotine?) ?

I have no clue to your question but have you gave using a nicotine vaporizer (e-cig) any thought? You can get them in a variety of nicotine strengths and they taste and smell good. I vape at a super low 3mg nic and even after a year and a half I only go through around 1ml per day.

Not really. I never smoked or vaped bc I thought I might get addicted. It probably doesn't even matter if I got addicted though bc it seems like nicotine by itself is almost completely non-toxic, but I'm not sure about that.

But anyway, I'd be doing it for the after effects, so that's why I asked about cotinine...

I never smoked in my life but did chew 10x 4mg gums/day for many years. Very good for concentration, however, withdrawals from that much use last a month and a half to two months during which your sleep is shit, you constantly wake up and have trouble falling asleep. Chewing some gum instantly restores sleep so what I did I cut down my use to 2mg gum/day that I only took at nighttime. Even like this, restoring normal, healthy natural sleep that felt good, without nicotine took close to 4 months. Withdrawals from nicotine are extremely long, at some point you might even think you damaged your brain, that's how long it is.

Just a heads up.