• 🇬🇧󠁿 🇸🇪 🇿🇦 🇮🇪 🇬🇭 🇩🇪 🇪🇺
    European & African
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • EADD Moderators: axe battler | Pissed_and_messed

Coronavirus lockdown

I'm on my 6th day with no booze now and although I'd fuckin murder for a bottle of vodka, my desire for a drink is far greater than my need for one. No withdrawal whatsoever...

More importantly, how's the M.I.L keeping?

is anyone finding themselves increasingly lethargic as lockdown continues? even though i'm actually doing more exercise now than before lockdown, i find myself fighting off tiredness mid afternoon in a way i'm not used to. a couple of times a week i'll end up taking a nap. total disengagement from my work probably isn't helping, end up fucking about loads and killing time, cos i don't notice it so much at weekends.

is anyone finding themselves increasingly lethargic as lockdown continues? even though i'm actually doing more exercise now than before lockdown, i find myself fighting off tiredness mid afternoon in a way i'm not used to. a couple of times a week i'll end up taking a nap. total disengagement from my work probably isn't helping, end up fucking about loads and killing time, cos i don't notice it so much at weekends.

Nope. Working my fuckin ass off as usual. I was glad to get the covid, gave me an excuse to do fuck all for a couple of weeks...

how did that play out for you man?

what was the covid experience like for you ?

I'm glad I had it tbh - I can now go about my business without being in fear of people anymore. Obviously I'm still following 'the guidelines' for the sake of other folk, but I kind of feel liberated.

As for the illness itself, it was a weird one. Spent the first week of isolation after the positive result with various symptoms but didn't feel ill. I actually went back to work after 7 days thinking I'd dodged a bullet. Three days later, it came back with a vengeance - fever, nausea, dizziness, fatigue, muscles like jelly, throbbing headaches (actually thought I was going to have a stroke at one point), total loss of sense of taste and smell - in fact every reported symptom except respiratory problems (managed to carry on smoking throughout). This continued for another ten days.

I've actually had worse doses of flu, but it's the duration of this fucker that grinds you down. Flu is normally over in 5 days or so and follows a predictable path, but this one is all over the place. You think you're on the mend, then another weird symptom hits you in the face. In total it lasted for three weeks - and that must have been a relatively mild dose.

no but I'm going into hospital on Monday for a procedure so the test is mandatory and I'm supposed to be self isolating