• 🇬🇧󠁿 🇸🇪 🇿🇦 🇮🇪 🇬🇭 🇩🇪 🇪🇺
    European & African
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • EADD Moderators: axe battler

Coronavirus lockdown

Haha, when people started panic buying, I said "I bet half of it gets thrown away". But now I'm starting to think maybe they had the right idea. They can stay at home rather than go trawling through endless empty supermarkets for a loaf of bread. We were told that there was no shortage of food, but there's obviously some disruption in the supply chain because those shelves are just not getting restocked. My work involves going to major supermarkets before they open and the shelves have been empty for the last fortnight. I've seen the queues building up outside ready for opening, but there's no point because there's nothing to buy.

They're supposed to be producing more of the essential goods, but the problem is whenever the shelf is restocked the human locusts swarm in and strip it bare in minutes. So the shelf is empty and other people see it and panic buy - a vicious circle

we're only allowed out for one piece of exercise per day..... I'm going to go stir crazy in here. Thanks China! :mad:

They're supposed to be producing more of the essential goods, but the problem is whenever the shelf is restocked the human locusts swarm in and strip it bare in minutes. So the shelf is empty and other people see it and panic buy - a vicious circle

That's my point though. The shelves are not being restocked overnight from what I've seen. I've been working in Sainsburys at 6am and the shelves have been virtually bare, with staff grabbing any remaining bread while they can before the zombie hoards are let in...

Yeah, it's partly because JIT supply chains can't cope with any unplanned events. Back in the 80s up to the early 90s, supermarkets typically had up to 2 weeks stock. Now its just 24-36 hours max.

Meanwhile, the industry that supplies restaurants is burdened with vast quantities of unsold (and arguably significantly better quality) fresh produce. But there's no supply chain to the public. And there's nobody left in government circles with either the intellectual or organisational capacity to do anything about it.

Thanks China! :mad:

I know (hope?) you're probably joking, but I have a few friends of Chinese origin who are really upset by this rhetoric. We have known for a long time that our interactions with the environment were going to expose us to novel (to us) pathogens leading to pandemics and we didn't stop. It just so happened that a country with over a tenth of the worlds population found one first, not surprising really given that a population that size will obvious encroach more on their surrounding environment.

a counter balance to that.

I just got back from the pharmacy. Still no subutex in stock ( FML ) then I asked for benzos. They almost had nothing in stock and that which they did, they limiting me to a certain amount per customer . so all I could get was pax (diazepam) 10mg x10 and brazepam ( bromazepam ) 6mg x10. But no oxazepam, nitrazepam, triazolam, flurazepam, clonazepam, alprozalam or lorazepam. I'm waiting on a new script for subutex, alzam/lorazepam and nitrazepam/triazolam. But its ridiculous that benzos are so out of stock. Or is everyone so stressed that everyone all of a sudden needs benzos.

Even stillnox is out of stock... Ridiculous

I know (hope?) you're probably joking, but I have a few friends of Chinese origin who are really upset by this rhetoric. We have known for a long time that our interactions with the environment were going to expose us to novel (to us) pathogens leading to pandemics and we didn't stop. It just so happened that a country with over a tenth of the worlds population found one first, not surprising really given that a population that size will obvious encroach more on their surrounding environment.

a counter balance to that.

The Chinese government (a communist dictatorship) must accept some blame for covering up and failing to stop the outbreak:

The Chinese people also should accept some blame because they continued to eat bats and other exotic animals combined with dreadful hygeine and sanitation, which is how the virus jumped to humans. Experts warned after the SARS outbreak that another outbreak with a new virus could happen, but they were ignored

given that people who can't do their job from home get 80% of their pay without having to work, i'm not going to be too concerned about them getting a free holiday while i'm still working. those whose jobs are essential i do feel for, it has to be scary right now, especially healthcare workers.

I know a lot of sparkies and people in other trades that are self employed. They’ve gone from £500 a day to £94 a week, the help for self employed is laughable. As is the fact people on the dole getting an extra £20!

I know a lot of sparkies and people in other trades that are self employed. They’ve gone from £500 a day to £94 a week, the help for self employed is laughable. As is the fact people on the dole getting an extra £20!

it needs to be at the same level as their assistance for PAYE - 80% up to £2k/mo. they bang on about supporting small businesses, but the reality is few governments give a crap about anyone outside their tiny coterie of rich buddies. this is why they don't gaf about the lack of food in supermarkets - cos the fortnum & mason hampers are still shipping out to their homes without interruption

One of my friends is a nurse. He claims 2 NHS staff were assaulted yesterday for their IDs, presumably so they can get priority food. Psychonation.

The Chinese people also should accept some blame because they continued to eat bats and other exotic animals combined with dreadful hygeine and sanitation, which is how the virus jumped to humans. Experts warned after the SARS outbreak that another outbreak with a new virus could happen, but they were ignored

Yes the Chinese government did cover it up at the start, but tbh i think every western government is essentially doing that now. it is more serious in the Chinese case because the virus originated there but i don't think the reaction would have been much different. did we close our borders when they announced it? nope.

The Chinese aren't the only people who do this. What about West Africa and Ebola? Its the same problem everywhere there is a culture of eating weird animals and I don't think its fair to single out the Chinese.

ANd yeah LNS I knew self employed people were a massive hole in my argument and I think its pretty horrific.

Yes the Chinese government did cover it up at the start, but tbh i think every western government is essentially doing that now. it is more serious in the Chinese case because the virus originated there but i don't think the reaction would have been much different. did we close our borders when they announced it? nope.

The Chinese aren't the only people who do this. What about West Africa and Ebola? Its the same problem everywhere there is a culture of eating weird animals and I don't think its fair to single out the Chinese.

ANd yeah LNS I knew self employed people were a massive hole in my argument and I think its pretty horrific.
So u knew there was a massive hole in ur argument but went ahead and made it anyway.
As long as ur ok fuck it though

Thought that I had planned sufficiently for this dystopian, global pandemic and collapse of society as we once knew it.
Panic ordered 3gs A-PHP, 5gs NEP and 2gs 2FDCK. Received less than a fortnight ago with the best of intentions of using judiciously to avoid any potential moments of sobriety. Now there is absolutely not a crumb of any substance to be found whether in carpet, burnt foil or hard surfaces. I'm not dicksizing about how much I've taken. I've probably wasted much of it. It seems fortunate not to have been sectioned or arrested as this is the standard conclusion to many previous binges.
All I seem to have left from my 'panic buy' is constant spam emails from scam adult hookup sites and an utterly shameful (even for me) internet browsing history.
Due to the past quarter century of poly substance abuse having either triggered or caused my being diagnosed of having a mental and behavioural disorder I often choose willingly to self-isolate as a personal preference. It feels suffocating now it's enforced. Previous episodes have resulted in deleting my social media accounts. I've just signed up to Bluelight today to keep some kind of human interaction.
Apologies for long and monotonous diatribe. I really shouldn't partake in using illicit substances considering the impact on my, at best somewhat limeted grasp on reality. Particularly the prostituted cathinones which result in my boarding the compulsive redose train to Batshit Town. The excuse of 'fuck it the world could end soon' won over. If no COVID-19 it wouldh've been something else.
Maybe the wrong place to ask but are there still stocks of Robitussin Cough Syrup?
Anyway I do hope you're all coping much better than I.
Warmest wishes x

So u knew there was a massive hole in ur argument but went ahead and made it anyway.
As long as ur ok fuck it though

yes. because you took my original post completely out of context. i was originally referring to people who went out and about over the weekend. i have been basically in lockdown for a week already and now have no option for at least three more weeks due to other people being selfish idiots.

i don't understand why you've taken such offence to a light hearted throwaway comment. what precisely is wrong with me making the best out of a bad situation? if you must know, i will probably lose my job over this, just not immediately, and both myself and my parents are medically at risk. so yes, i am trying to be ok rather than getting my knickers in a twist about people i don't even know being under financial pressure.

yes. because you took my original post completely out of context. i was originally referring to people who went out and about over the weekend. i have been basically in lockdown for a week already and now have no option for at least three more weeks due to other people being selfish idiots.

i don't understand why you've taken such offence to a light hearted throwaway comment. what precisely is wrong with me making the best out of a bad situation? if you must know, i will probably lose my job over this, just not immediately, and both myself and my parents are medically at risk. so yes, i am trying to be ok rather than getting my knickers in a twist about people i don't even know being under financial pressure.

Push come shove, bet theirs plenty on here who would buy said knickers. Could be a new market for you. OnlyFans seems to be a big thing these days.

awww thanks guys.

hopefully it won't come to selling my knickers but i'll bear it in mind.

'...A few hours later...'
Still not full although a lot more I'm so glad I brought heroin last night it was worth the 6 mile walk at 3 am I'm so high I can't even focus my eyes but if I close them I nod out and go into Noddy dream world with all my close friends and family in those dreams

I like this apocalypse it's made life more exciting it's made me appreciate life itself as well as freedom etc.

I take it you live in the UK how's your area holding up? Put the zombie barricades up yet?