• 🇬🇧󠁿 🇸🇪 🇿🇦 🇮🇪 🇬🇭 🇩🇪 🇪🇺
    European & African
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • EADD Moderators: axe battler | Pissed_and_messed

Coronavirus lockdown

It is still possible to find methyl spirit. It was used in surgeries as disinfectant a long time ago, it will do for me. In Screwfix at £2.99 for a 500ml bottle, but my local has run out - or in B&Q for nearly a fiver (it used to be dirty cheap). Managed to find two packs of my sensitive skin soap this morning, I'd have done a backflip if I could.

thanks. I might check B&Q out

Was that terrible cold / 'flu thing I had before Christmas really an early Coronavirus infection? Has it mutated since then enough that I'm no longer immune to the latest version? I don't know.

I feel like nearly everyone got that Xmas/Jan cold, I know I did. It was nasty. But then I got coronabeervirus, and it's been something quite radically different from a cold or flu. At least for me.

Insight into a panic buyers thinking - "We are in a crisis innit, and you are stopping me taking more water bruv".

I feel like nearly everyone got that Xmas/Jan cold, I know I did. It was nasty. But then I got coronabeervirus, and it's been something quite radically different from a cold or flu. At least for me.
I didn't get it or if I did I dont remember it being any different than others I take a cold and flu really well though usually I'm ill for one or two days tops I enjoy it because you feel better than you did before you got ill like your purified

I didn't get it or if I did I dont remember it being any different than others I take a cold and flu really well though usually I'm ill for one or two days tops I enjoy it because you feel better than you did before you got ill like your purified

I had the long lasting one if that is what is meant. I can't remember exact symptoms but it was a long lasting mild respitory infection/cold; seemed to linger around for 3-4 weeks rather than the usual days-week or so of a normal cold.

I don't remember ever having what others have described as the flu, so I can't really compare. Just different severity and length of colds and respitory infections.

Anyway, I'm just here to ask WHAT THE FUCK is going on. I just heard Boris Johnson mention potentially making social gatherings illegal yesterday. You what mate? It feels like another finger in dystopia. Many of us had a sort of anarchic desire for the system to collapse, whilst now we're trying to frantically scramble to make sure it doesn't crumble between our clasping fingers.

We've spent all these years resisting any kind of police state or martial law, and now we're practically begging for it.

It just feels like such a convenient catastrophy. And by convenient I don't mean suspicious, although I wouldn't readily refute it being man made. I just mean convenient.

Last edited:
Well be hasn't gone full lock down yet plus the benefit increase is nice

U deffo had it, lot of people sayin they have but no tests. U been tested?

I think if there is going to be any rioting and looting, it's not going to be straight away. If it's going to happen, it will happen when there is a sufficient number of sufficiently annoyed people, who either already are infected or have been infected and recovered; and therefore feel as though they have nothing to lose. And that might never happen, if and only if things start making sense again.

In a way, I'm more worried about the Government awarding themselves emergency powers and never letting go of them, than I am about the virus. There are only three possible outcomes with the virus; (a) I get it and die, (b) I get it and get better or (c) I don't get it. Was that terrible cold / 'flu thing I had before Christmas really an early Coronavirus infection? Has it mutated since then enough that I'm no longer immune to the latest version? I don't know. But the thought of imposing a lockdown with armed soldiers on the streets scares the arse off me.

After 10AM same as how a parent would take care of a child and I agree, you only go out for basic needs. At least that's what they've said here in my country, United Kingdom. If it like this until Summer, the global economy's fucked. Currently, there's no cure but if we look at it, there hasn't been a cure for any virus, logically speaking. They mutate in different versions, they fuckin hell, they change every second. So we built immunity. That's my view, at least.

well britain got what they deserved for being a nation of selfish fucks.

though maybe thats harsh, we've been told to ignore experts for years.

i've got a load of books, a cute as fuck kitten, and can do my job from home, so not too bad.

well britain got what they deserved for being a nation of selfish fucks.

though maybe thats harsh, we've been told to ignore experts for years.

i've got a load of books, a cute as fuck kitten, and can do my job from home, so not too bad.
Speaking of selfish fucks.
U can do ur job from home so not bad for u then.

given that people who can't do their job from home get 80% of their pay without having to work, i'm not going to be too concerned about them getting a free holiday while i'm still working. those whose jobs are essential i do feel for, it has to be scary right now, especially healthcare workers.

U deffo had it, lot of people sayin they have but no tests. U been tested?

yeah, they stopped testing 13th (the day I got tested). I blagged one because of pre-existing heart issues. i posted about it in the lounge thread. for me it's been nothing like a cold or flu, so pretty easy to tell

there's no food in my supermarket and hasn't been for days. but apparently food waste has gone up 33% - because the selfish fuckwits buying all the food are binning it. i'd like to execute them all, but in the absence of that, could we give each waster, say, a £1000 fine?

there's no food in my supermarket and hasn't been for days. but apparently food waste has gone up 33% - because the selfish fuckwits buying all the food are binning it. i'd like to execute them all, but in the absence of that, could we give each waster, say, a £1000 fine?

Haha, when people started panic buying, I said "I bet half of it gets thrown away". But now I'm starting to think maybe they had the right idea. They can stay at home rather than go trawling through endless empty supermarkets for a loaf of bread. We were told that there was no shortage of food, but there's obviously some disruption in the supply chain because those shelves are just not getting restocked. My work involves going to major supermarkets before they open and the shelves have been empty for the last fortnight. I've seen the queues building up outside ready for opening, but there's no point because there's nothing to buy.

If I were PM, the punishment for throwing away food would be to be locked up without food, for as long as the food you threw away could have fed you for.

Reactions: CFC