• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest Posting RulesBluelight Rules
  • PD Moderators: Cream Gravy? | Transform | Vastness | Xorkoth
  • Bluelight HOT THREADS
  • Let's Welcome Our NEW MEMBERS!

Corona Virus

Chris Timothy

Bluelighter
Say someone would like to import a couple of kilo of legal psychoplastogens from a place reputed to be spreading pathogens at the moment.

Would this be foolish?

Or are countermeasures possible?

I'll be researching the topic, but if someone has done the same homework already, pretty please share the fruits of your labour! :D

Cream Gravy?

Moderator: DC, F&TV, PD
Staff member
I saw an NPR article weeks ago now that said mail isn't transmitting the COVID-19 virus. International packages shouldn't be cause for concern.

Also, it's the elderly and the weak who are dying from this outbreak, most just have flu-like effects and live to tell the tale (though I'm sure the Beijing government is hiding just how far the virus has spread).

In essence, I think there are way more frightening things to be worried about than another corona-virus.

Vastness

Moderator: PD
Staff member
The virus wouldn't survive the transit time, I'm pretty sure. Depends where you live of course, but flu viruses cannot survive outside an organism for very long. In fact only 24 hours, according to a quick google I did just now - even allowing for this virus to have some kind of super mutant longevity, that seems short enough for any stray viral particles to be long dead on arrival.

I would think also if anyone thought it was a serious concern then mail would be suspended as well as most international flights, but evidently that hasn't happened.

Jopeth

Bluelighter
I had wondered about getting packages from china. Or even thought about people getting fent cut dope that had been infected, by accident im sure. Then they are either insufflating or injecting infected material directly into the blood lol. Highly, highly unlikely, but unnerving to ponder. It would affect the homeless community in Cali most, which I think this virus will do anyway. Its my opinion that one reason its affecting china much worse (for the moment) is because of cultural differences in hygiene, some of which are drastic. Wash your hand and don't rub your face folks! After handling money, or using ATM or credit/debit card readers at stores. After the "ebola scare" I became pretty proactive at avoiding circumstances that would increase infection of anything.

Anyone know how this might affect the kratom market?

Vastness

Moderator: PD
Staff member
It's my opinion that one reason its affecting china much worse (for the moment) is because of cultural differences in hygiene,
Well the main reason it's affecting China more right now is because it originated in China, but besides that yeah, for sure, the Chinese government just doesn't give a shit about hygiene, health and safety or animal welfare. You would think some lessons would have been learned after the last time a freshly evolved viral pioneer made the leap to infect humans from the festering primordial swamp that, apparently, these "wet markets" are, as far as far as viral evolution goes, providing a rich substrate of multiple different species, both alive and dead, in very close quarters. Ideal for rapid evolutionary experimentation and iteration until something wins the genetic lottery and makes the jump literally and figuratively from benignly languishing in some animal carcass to launching itself through the air and down the gullet of some unsuspecting humans. But, old habits die hard I guess, and a culture of lackadaisical attitudes towards the aforementioned issues, which all contribute to the rate of viral mutation, is a hard thing to change overnight.

TripSitterNZ

Bluelighter
the Chinese need to stop making bio engineered viruses in labs and having poor standards around handling which release these super viruses into the wild. You should be fine by coranavirus can last up to 4 days outside the body.

FuneralFather

Bluelighter
I only drink modelo, so im not worried.
Say someone would like to import a couple of kilo of legal psychoplastogens from a place reputed to be spreading pathogens at the moment.

Would this be foolish?

Or are countermeasures possible?

I'll be researching the topic, but if someone has done the same homework already, pretty please share the fruits of your labour! :D

Hodor

Bluelighter
the Chinese need to stop making bio engineered viruses in labs and having poor standards around handling which release these super viruses into the wild.
The virus being a genetically engineered bio-weapon is pretty unlikely.

The idea stems from the fact that Wuhan is the site of China's first and so far only BSL-4 ("biosafety level 4") facility. Seems like a pretty big coincidence, right? Except... coronaviruses like the one in the current outbreak ("SARS-CoV-2") do not actually require a BSL-4 laboratory. BSL-4 is reserved for things like Ebola, Crimean-Congo fever or smallpox - viruses that are highly infectious and extremely lethal. SARS-CoV-2 fulfills the former requirement, but not the latter (while it is significantly more lethal than the average influenza strain, it's mostly the elderly that face a high risk of death from it).

CoViD-19 (the disease caused by SARS-CoV-2) is already the third major coronavirus pandemic in the new millennium, following SARS (apparently originating in bats) and MERS (transmitted to humans by camels, who in turn are assumed to have contracted it from bats). Basically, if there was one cave full of SARS-infected bats in the Chinese countryside, it stands to reason that there are more out there, infected with different strains of SARS (again, the virus is called SARS-CoV-2, because it is very closely related to SARS-CoV, which caused the SARS pandemic in 2002/2003). In fact, this seems almost guaranteed, considering that screening programs in bats have already identified 400 different strains of coronavirus, at least some of which should have the potential to cause SARS-like symptoms in humans.

One should also keep in the mind that Wuhan is a city the size of freaking New York, so that's a lot of bats being eaten and a lot of opportunities for a virus to make the jump from bat to human.

Now, I am not going to completely rule out that the viruses escaped from a virology lab, but even then it would be more likely to be the result of the search for potential treatments for future SARS outbreaks, rather than a nefarious bioweapons programme (not that the Chinese government can't be plenty nefarious when it wants to).

Hexagon Sun

Bluelighter
Agree in pretty much everything he says

sekio

Moderator: N&PD
Staff member
and they said you can bring your meth in to be tested for the corona virus.
just bring it to your local police department and explain.

Draven26

Bluelighter
I was listening to the san antonio news
and they said you can bring your meth in to be tested for the corona virus.

Soo apparently it is legal now until further notice. (the meth)

And NO I am not joking !
Seriously I probably have some Cali friends on here that might see this and actually be dumb enough to bring in their dope to get tested and probably arrested on the spot lol though if the pseudoephedrine is coming in from China then it would be wise to get a test kit to see if your dope sack is laced with the corona virus. But I don't know who you would ask for a kit without getting hemmed up! lol Take your chances I guess