John Coltrane (soprano & tenor sax)
McCoy Tyner (piano)
Jimmy Garrison (bass)
Elvin Jones (drums)

Overdubbed with arrangements featuring

Alice Coltrane (harp, tamboura)
Joan Chapman (tamboura)
Oran Coltrane (bells)

Infinity is an album credited to John Coltrane, released on Impulse! in 1972. It features overdubs by Alice Coltrane of her late husband's work recorded in 1965, adding only harp, strings and tamboura.

Eric Dolphy [1964] - Epistrophy

Recorded live at Hilversum, Holland - Jun 2, 1964

Bass – Jacques Schols
Drums – Han Bennink
Bass Clarinet, Alto Sax – Eric Dolphy
Piano – Misja Mengelberg

Kendrick Scott Oracle [2019] - Mocean

kendrickscottzankel110819-7440.jpg

Kendrick Scott Oracle - drums
Jahi Sundance - turntablist
Mike Moreno - guitar
Taylor Eigsti - piano
John Ellis - tenor sax
Joe Sanders - bass

Christian Scott aTunde Adjuah [2015] - West of the West

Christian Scott aTunde Adjuah - trumpet
Braxton Cook - alto sax
Lawrence Fields - piano
Corey Fonville - drums
Dominic Minix - guitar
Kris Funn - bass

Esbjörn Svensson Trio [2006] - Where We Used To Live

Esbjörn Svensson
Magnus Öström
Dan Berglund

Reactions: izo
So uh...nobody's posted any MINGUS yet?? :) He's my dude! Love Mingus 'cause he always gets the best out of people who are playing with him.
Do yourself a favor and give this a listen...track #2 "The Fables of Faubus" is transcendant...pure magic:

(If this is inappropriate feel free to delete)

Hey Jazz-nerds, quick question: when I was younger someone told me that Billie Holiday used to shoot heroin into her vagina in an effort to hide her track marks. 1) has anyone else heard about this? Is there any truth to the claim? and 2) did she do it to get high or did she do it in an effort to numb her genitals so that she could participate in sex work?

Also:

The origin of "ragtime": did you know that ragtime music started in brothels in the deep south? When women live together, their menstrual periods begin to synch up, therefore prostitutes in brothels tended to all menstruate during the same week, leaving the house unable to make money for that week. In an effort to bring customers into the brothel when they couldn't have sex, the brothels started featuring musical entertainers with a new upbeat style of music and this is how RAG-TIME came to be! How hilarious!

All right jazz-fiends, I've got a modern jazz/electronic track that pretty much floored me on the first listen. Love the composition, the vocals, and THAT BASS might be the best part. And while I'm here, I'm going to shamelessly plug the show that this song opens for...BOSCH is truly the best written and acted, and all-around most original crime show of the decade. But I have to mention that the main character, in addition to being the quintessential gently bent detective bringing all those noir vibes...is also a total jazz fiend! His record collection in the show is pretty rad, and during season 4 he adopts a stray dog and names it COLTRANE... <3 I mean, if you like a gritty crime show, it'll hook you...

Anyway, I'll leave you to it. This one is THE JAM.

Jaki Byard Experience [1968] - Evidence

Composition by Thelonious Monk

Jaki Byard - piano
Roland Kirk - tenor sax, manzello, clarinet, whistle, kirkbam
Richard Davis - bass
Alan Dawson - drums