• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Cocaine Cooking coke, gone wrong?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey boys and girls, let's do chemistry! (Disclaimer: this is theory and hasn't been tested)

Cocaine's MW: 303.353g/mol
Cocaine HCl's MW: 339.813g/mol

Sodium bicarb MW: 84.01g/mol

Equation for freebasing:

Coc.HCl + NaHCO3 = Coc + NaCl + H2O + CO2

so

339.813 grams cocaine.HCl + 84g bicarb = 303.35g cocaine freebase
and this means 1 gram cocaine.HCl + 0.247g bicarb = 0.893g cocaine freebase
assuming you have pure product.

If you are using cocaine cut with non-alkaloid salts (caffeine, baby powder, B vitamins or whatever) you should use only as much bicarb as you have actual cocaine in your stuff. Alternatively, there are methods for purification that will remove these.

A higher percentage of alkaloid salt cuts (ephedrine or whatever) will mean you need to use slightly more bicarb for salts weighing less than cocaine.hcl, and slightly more for salts weighing more than coc.hcl.

On the tpic of "crack" vs "cocaine", they're both the same alkaloid that's going into your head. The only difference is the physical properties of the solid and how effectively it is absorbed by the body. You say "smoking cocaine doesn't happen" but it does all the time, people just colloquially refer to it as "smoking crack".

TL;DR: The best ratio for making crack rocks would be 1 part cocaine to 1/4 part baking soda, assuming pure, dry reagents.
shamefully old bump but at least some people find scientific reasoning more appropriate a problem solver than chaotic random speculation amongst random people.

You're a dumb cunt Voxide

Please don't smoke/sell/make rocks. Believe me, you will be much better off.

I know everyone hates posts like that, but this is one of the only topics I refuse to contribute to, because it's fucking retarded no matter which way you choose to do it.

And everyone hates you

Do not revive a dead topic just to flame someone out of hatred. It's becoming one of the many reasons I'm sick of and begin to hate being alive

Status
Not open for further replies.