• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids Convincing doc to increase dosage post op

opinaivekush

Greenlighter
Hey guys im in bit of a doozie in here. My surgeon decided to only perscribe 20 percocet 5 for my surgery thinking ill only call back for maybe one refill. Post op I am always in need of atleast 6-8 percocet 5's a day. Anybody now how I will be able to convince him I need more or a higher doseage? Usually couple of hours after the surgery my doc will call me asking how im doing. Im gonna tell him I have been needing to take the medication double dose for any pain relief at all and that pain is honestly unmanageable. Hopefully he will bump me up to 10mg percocets or 10mg norcos. Any ideas guy? Thanks you all.

Most surgeons don't fall for the "I'm still in unbelievable pain" routine. They'll probably bring you back in and check you out to see if what he sees matches what you're saying and I doubt you'll hold up unless you have a limb hanging on the ground. Be honest with your doctor and you can expect a professional doctor in your corner when you really need it.

Also, this type of question is not allowed on BL, so I expect it'll be closed pretty soon but I do stand by what I said!

Most surgeons don't fall for the "I'm still in unbelievable pain" routine. They'll probably bring you back in and check you out to see if what he sees matches what you're saying and I doubt you'll hold up unless you have a limb hanging on the ground. Be honest with your doctor and you can expect a professional doctor in your corner when you really need it.

Also, this type of question is not allowed on BL, so I expect it'll be closed pretty soon but I do stand by what I said!

Ahh thank you clearing up this rule for me, I was not aware of this.
I'm having Foot surgery so he won't expect me to come back in and most likely take my word for it. Let's pray the pain will be on a manageable level, that's all I can really hope for. Thank you beachbum for your response!

Ahh thank you clearing up this rule for me, I was not aware of this.
I'm having Foot surgery so he won't expect me to come back in and most likely take my word for it. Let's pray the pain will be on a manageable level, that's all I can really hope for. Thank you beachbum for your response!

I hope you have a postive outcome with relatively low levels of pain. Good Luck!