• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Heroin Converting #3 to #4 heroin?

shadowstryker

Bluelighter
So insufflation is my preferred method of use, mainly because I find it to be the most convenient. However, with #3 heroin snorting it doesn't really work very well. Is there a way to convert it to #4 soluble heroin without dissolving it in vinegar every time I'd want to snort it? Snorting liquid vinegar sounds painful...

smoke it! when you get the technique right, smoking is way more satisfying IMO. also there's no surprises with smoking - it hits instantly so when you're stoned enough, just stop.

the only way i know of making h #3 water soluble is using an acid. you dont have to use very much though, so if you wanna "waterline" or whatever the fuck kids are calling it now, you can make a solution that doesnt fuck your nose up too much using vit c powder or whatever.

if you're in europe or you can only get #3 then i suggest you just smoke it. i think i like the fact we get #3 in the UK. it's a fuck on sometimes when you can't get foil or if your lighters running low, but the ritual of smoking adds to the fun for moi.

Sure there are plenty of easy ways to turn a freebase into a salt. This is a thread that walks a fine line between what is allowed and not. Are you versed in chemistry at all? I only ask because this is something that I feel anyone can do but I am at least decent at chemistry (i must be i have sunk about 60k into learning it) and because its not too too challenging and also a vital part of living, ingesting salts over freebase is very advantageous at times.

And just for a note on why i ask. I feel the conversion of freebases to salts and the reverse is important in life, not just drugs. It is important to understand the properties between the two and at what times its best to use which. I do not really consider this synthesis as much as common knowledge, provided someone is safe and follows instructions some of the salts are made with weak acids anyone can use or buy. In my mind its like when someone posts a MHRB STB spill and i tell them to dump vinegar on it to neutralize it, even though they are performing a synthesis and creating new compounds on the spill as a way to neutralize the danger no one views it as that. It might be a more laxed view but as a chemist it makes me very sad that people dont understand basic chemistry and then the world tells them "its too dangerous" when its really something people should know. Please scold me if my view is too radial fellow staff members but the only way we get over "chemophobia" is by educating people about chemistry.

smoke it! when you get the technique right, smoking is way more satisfying IMO. also there's no surprises with smoking - it hits instantly so when you're stoned enough, just stop.

the only way i know of making h #3 water soluble is using an acid. you dont have to use very much though, so if you wanna "waterline" or whatever the fuck kids are calling it now, you can make a solution that doesnt fuck your nose up too much using vit c powder or whatever.

if you're in europe or you can only get #3 then i suggest you just smoke it. i think i like the fact we get #3 in the UK. it's a fuck on sometimes when you can't get foil or if your lighters running low, but the ritual of smoking adds to the fun for moi.
I don't want the smell to linger, and I'd prefer to be able to use inside. Unless there is no smell...I wouldn't know I've never smoked it before.

it does have a smell, yes. it isnt that strong as there's not a lot of smoke involved, but if there's parents walking past your door then its not advisable. esp when you get strong gear and youre leaving soot all over light switches and doors and stuff when youre totally shit faced.

are you in a country that primarily gets no.3?

Sure there are plenty of easy ways to turn a freebase into a salt. This is a thread that walks a fine line between what is allowed and not. Are you versed in chemistry at all? I only ask because this is something that I feel anyone can do but I am at least decent at chemistry (i must be i have sunk about 60k into learning it) and because its not too too challenging and also a vital part of living, ingesting salts over freebase is very advantageous at times.

And just for a note on why i ask. I feel the conversion of freebases to salts and the reverse is important in life, not just drugs. It is important to understand the properties between the two and at what times its best to use which. I do not really consider this synthesis as much as common knowledge, provided someone is safe and follows instructions some of the salts are made with weak acids anyone can use or buy. In my mind its like when someone posts a MHRB STB spill and i tell them to dump vinegar on it to neutralize it, even though they are performing a synthesis and creating new compounds on the spill as a way to neutralize the danger no one views it as that. It might be a more laxed view but as a chemist it makes me very sad that people dont understand basic chemistry and then the world tells them "its too dangerous" when its really something people should know. Please scold me if my view is too radial fellow staff members but the only way we get over "chemophobia" is by educating people about chemistry.

^^good answer??

#3 is tar or "gunpowder" heroin, right? If so you can just put it into a small amount of water and then pour the solution into your nose.

It's more uncomfortable/tricky than snorting powder but it's just as effective...

^^no.3 is brown powder freebase heroin thats usually found in europe. it's not water soluble and people shooting it have to use citric acid or vit c to break it down in water.

Well the reason why I didn't give an exact response right away was to try to figure out how to best answer the question. It should be somewhat noticeable that it takes an acid to neutralize a base and a freebase is just that a base that is free from a salt complex. The amount needed depends on the molar ratios and terms like PKa and PKb, things that I am a bit rusty on, but the idea is pretty simple. If a solution is basic then it is so because of the base in the solution you remove this by adding an acid and creating a salt. A lot of acids work for this HBr for dxm, H2SO4 for amphetamine, and of course HCl for a lot of things but usually you pick a salt that forms what you are looking for. Some have awesome crystal formation which is good for aesthetic reasons and some never quite get there but are easier to make.

As far as "how do I do it exactly" I guess the best way would be to add the acid if your choice and evaporate. Because they are like positive and negative they usually make salts with little effort. I know it may not be the answer you were looking for but It's better to teach a man to fish...

it does have a smell, yes. it isnt that strong as there's not a lot of smoke involved, but if there's parents walking past your door then its not advisable. esp when you get strong gear and youre leaving soot all over light switches and doors and stuff when youre totally shit faced.

are you in a country that primarily gets no.3?

^^good answer??
No. 3 is much cheaper and much much easier to find in my country, yes. I prefer insufflation over smoking for the stealth more than anything.

To be completely honest though as a former junkie you would NOT find me doing anything with my dope other then getting it inside me. Same thing with crack, i buy it freebase if i want it that way, generally speaking with illegal drugs the starting materials are too expensive for me to want to invest any time and effort into changing unless it is absolutely necessary. And i have purchased cocaine converted it and said "wow you get that much from that!" then end up smoking it partially wet at first because who can leave crack on a drying plate for an extended period of time when you wanted to do it in the first place?

I would think that by simply adding an acid and evaporating eventually you would find one that exhibited both ease of use and conversion but you always lose product doing anything to it as nothing is 100% efficient in the real world. And having never done the conversion on the substance myself i couldnt provide a better outline without risking the starting material

As far as the numbering system i would love if we could move away from stuff that can be confusing. Its either broad spectrum opium extract, refined raw opium, isolated morphine, free base heroin, and heroin salt. I know that will never happen but imagine all of the "no #3 is this" we could eliminate/