• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

controlled medication site

sonicwhite

Bluelighter
Ok, you guys know how the doctors have a site to see if you got controlled substances.

My last controlled substance was suboxone.

That was in March of 2018.

I just saw a new doctor yesterday and I’m not on drugs so I was wondering do those Doctor scripts ever leave the files? Incase he would look and see if I e been getting something for addiction.

He to me felt like he was going to push benzos but I said the gabapentin is suffice. I’m just hoping that in the future if I do need something he will be cool.

It depends which country you are in but in the US doctors are able to see medications you have taken over a decade ago. This doesn't mean anything though. I too was on Suboxone and now am back on Oxycodone for my chronic pain. Each doctor is different obviously but if you need help you will not be turned away just because you used to be prescribed something.

Sometimes it amuses me when doctors ask if I am "still on that Hydrocodone?" which was a literal 1 week supply for a dental procedure over 8 years ago ? don't stress it man. It is moreso looked at by pharmacists to make sure you are not being prescribed potentially fatal drug combinations and is actually helpful more than harmful in most situations

It’s looked at by Pharmacists to make sure you’re not DR shopping.

Funny you mention the pharmacists. I stopped going to one because they couldn't fill my script. I go to another pharmacy and the first one asks me how they are treating me. I thought that was odd.

Also, Suboxone doctors are supposed to check each patient on the PMP at their Appointment. At least mine does.

Depends on country, i sprained my ankle bad just 2 weeks off methadone and i was offered morphine. They looked surprised when i said no

They have me on the record as a Heroin Addict because of Overdose.
And as a Drug Seeker, fucking bastards.

Being given Narcan twice cause I feel back out again.
I've still gotten scripted all types of Narcotics since at the doctors office.

seems only record i am on is the ncic and cannot donate blood as a long ass time ago they asked if i ever IVed street drugs and i responded "hells yeah": I was high. lol
on the script DB but have had no issues as yet....

I'm not trying to say your experience ain't valid Sonic but this isn't really a Harm Reduction issue as it stands here. I would ask if I were you. If your prescriber can't be honest with you than I would suggest finding a different one who can present an honest picture. You shouldn't have to run around behind the scenes like this if you have a legit issue.

Some doctors don't even give a shit.

That' is good to hear -- all I have heard about the databases is that the people banging the drum for them and shedding crocodile tears about opioids since 2009 or so held stock in the database companies that implemented the edict, and pharmacists and doctors using the information differential to solicit bribes and ask for blowjobs, especially with benzodiazepine refills.

It works in my favor. I have a horrible history from mental health to addiction, isolated incidents of MRSA from IV use in my younger days, methadone clinic that scarred my mental health file.

I'm marked addict big time. My family doctor either oversees this and views it as a thing in the last from. A different practice at a different time and doesbt use it against me and gives me the benefit of the doubt, orsyve he is lazy and doesn't go to istop on his laptop and really look thru my history.
It's not like I'm asking for opiates, which is the biggest scare to them, i may just be another typical adderall and klonopin patient with lyirca, which hasn't scared the medical fields yet or what with lawsuits, idk, but I'm grateful, I went to other doctors that knew my history of drugs since I was 14 and wouldn't give me shit without w diagnosis from mental health and a referral to let my family doctor prescribe and monthly urines, which I walked right out of...I want my meds without being judged. I have a theory that my drug use permanently damaged my brain and I don't feel balanced without the drugs that caused it, but using at a functional level
That's where my denial is at lol

I have a theory that my drug use permanently damaged my brain and I don't feel balanced without the drugs that caused it, but using at a functional level
That's where my denial is at lol

It may be more than a theory. When I was exceeding 10MG doses of Xanax for PTSD I genuinely lost myself. There is a 3 year period that I cannot remember even slightly. As long as you aren't abusing drugs now that is all that matters. I personally cannot function without Benzos and for me Clonazepam just works much better. But yea, opioids are what they are after. I could get anything in the world but not them to increase my dose of Oxy lol. Go figure

It may be more than a theory. When I was exceeding 10MG doses of Xanax for PTSD I genuinely lost myself. There is a 3 year period that I cannot remember even slightly. As long as you aren't abusing drugs now that is all that matters. I personally cannot function without Benzos and for me Clonazepam just works much better. But yea, opioids are what they are after. I could get anything in the world but not them to increase my dose of Oxy lol. Go figure

Damn... 10mg of Xanax of course you can’t remember anything. That’s a CRAZY high dose. If you don’t mind me asking how did you take them?
2mg every couple hours?

So doctors and nurses can write "drugs seeker" on someone's file without any oversight, any input from the patient, and just if they feel like it -- how is that not potentially libelous?

My favourite story I have heard is back around 2008 or so, one smart aleck nurse started saying, to a young lady who broke her foot by dropping a 50 kilo box of mineral samples on it, "all sort of people come in here seeking drugs"

"No, you fuck chop, I am an X-ray seeker -- and you people are a hospital - who else has the pain relievers and antibiotics for sick people?" That closed that commie down and the actual doctor came in next and was much more reasonable and set the foot, shot her up with Toradol and Dilaudid and wrote for something like 100 capsules of Synalgos DC and eight tablets of morphine . . .

Somehow somewhere someone finds some wagon chasing lawyer to sue someone and in the States it apparently happens so much that all sorts of professions are scared to do just about anything -- Oprah Winfrey cannot expound on her concerns about meat processing, people running for public office have to put up with a lot of shit, all sorts of other things of the same general sort (though, on the other hand, it sounds like personnel people can get away with mistreating employees because lawyers charge a lot and Catbert types even come right out and say it to the unfortunate workers)