View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Contamination? Or something else?

Smi010992

Greenlighter
My boyfriend and I are pretty experienced with eating shrooms. We have been eating them for ten years. Yesterday, we got some shrooms from a friend. Some of the shrooms had a thick, white, cotton-like fuzz on the stem. Some of the caps had turned black, and the insides of the stem were forest green.
I consulted a friend who used to grow, and he said most of the contaminates are safe to consume and that the fuzzy stuff was probably mycelium.
We each ate 2.5g. We were fine for five hours, and then everything went to hell. I've had bad trips before, but nothing like this. My boyfriend started feeling tactile hallucinations, that water was dripping on his left arm. This lasted for an hour and a half. Then, we were freezing in 85 degree weather. We went from freezing to burning up, every five minutes, for a few hours. We felt like we were about to die or lose consciousness, while experiencing extreme hallucinations.
6 hours after the bad symptoms started, we finally felt a little better. But I still had body temperature changes the majority of this morning.
I've tried to read about contaminates, but none of the symptoms sounded like this.
What happened? We have both never had an experience like this.
I'm probably going to stick to L from now on, with a test kit.

This was the lowest dose either of us have ever taken, with the most awful results.

Mushrooms should never be green inside, if they were green it means they were rotten or something. That sounds nasty...

If they're white with gold caps and any other color being blue (there can be some gray on the stems too but mostly white), then you're good. Any other colors, don't eat them.

Sounds like you ate some rotten/moldy shrooms, which negatively impacted your mindset, resulting in a bad trip.

People tend to overestimate the actual pharmacological effects (and especially the psychoactive effects!) of impurities in their psychedelics - the psychedelic experience just exponentionally amplifies any sort of doubts you had in the back of your mind over having consumed a potentially poisonous substance.
(Not that I am actually suggesting that rotten shrooms are in any way "safe" to consume - molds can produce toxins like aflatoxins, for example, which are extremely harmful to the liver).

Many sources do say that kind of growth is normal and just the mycelium, and that you should just go ahead and eat it.

However, we're not fully sure of how shrooms work on the brain, so of course you'll have a different trip, with a different symptom set, too.

And I've never heard of green shrooms, sounds like you ate a bunch of fungus, apart from the shrooms themselves I mean

The sound like the we're Moldy.

I'm sorry this happened, don't blame mushrooms though because they are beautiful. Just don't get drugs from that person ever again.

^Don't forget the black part. What black unscorched things in nature are edible..
Blackberries, caviar, truffles, tomatoes, blackcurrants, pepper, eggplants, some carrots, certain radishes but I know what you mean.