• 🇳🇿 🇲🇲 🇯🇵 🇨🇳 🇦🇺 🇦🇶 🇮🇳
    Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

Congratulations to Steve Cannane on winning a Walkley!

A well deserved winner.

Well done Steve. Two thumbs up from this corner. :)

Steve rocks, and a well deserved win! Such a pitty he isn't hosting Hack anymore :(

Well done Steve, You da man! =D

Steve still does hack, you get to see him on JTV instead!

Steve is a fucking champion. Its good to see him getting some recognition. Altho he should get a lot more IMHO.

I was watching last night and started fisting the air when I heard his name announced ahead of Tony Jones and the other reputible nominees. His interviews about petrol sniffing and pill testing broke new ground, IMO he deserves this more than anyone, I'm so glad he won =D

Go steve you legend!:D

great stuff! to a man who was committed enough to cover the pill testing issue in detail, he is rewarded for his efforts. kudos.

This is from the Walkleys site:

http://www.walkleys.com/winners/2006/images/cannane.jpg

All Media: Broadcast Interviewing Winner

Steve Cannane, Hack, Triple J, ABC, "Petrol Sniffing", "Pill Testing" and "The Cost of War"

Steve Cannane’s winning interviews tackled issues that weren’t dominating mainstream news agendas but had a resonance with Triple J’s own national audience – pill testing, the intergenerational cost of war and petrol sniffing.

His live interview with Tony Abbott asked why the minister wasn’t rolling out non-sniffable Opal fuel into communities in Central Australia, nine months before he finally agreed to do so. Also using the live debate format, Cannane went on to tackle whether ecstasy testing at dance parties could potentially save lives, and he brought together a Vietnam veteran and his daughter to talk about the long-term impact of war on men and their families.

Steve Cannane has worked as a reporter, producer and presenter for ABC’s Triple J. He also presented Triple J’s current affairs show Hack for two and a half years until July, 2006. He is now JTV’s current affairs reporter. Cannane was highly commended in this category in 2005.

Judges’ comments
Cannane demonstrated refreshing tenacity in a youthful style for the Triple J audience. His interview with the Vietnam veteran and his daughter produced a wonderful interaction and was touching and highly emotional in places. Overall, his style is one of maintaining control without dominating the talent, while his interview with Tony Abbott engaged with amusing banter, without trivialising the issues. All interviews were well researched and well structured.

http://www.walkleys.com/winners/2006/winners/cannane.html

Congratulations Steve for an award you truly deserve. I was sooooo glad to hear you got this award and in the process have gotten your name and your topics known to the more 'mainstream' and recognised for the kind of stories they would actually shun. Congratulations again!

He deserved to win this more than anyone, I'm so glad he was recognised for his outstanding and hard work!

All of the above. Well done Steve
16.gif
16.gif
16.gif