• 🇳🇿 🇲🇲 🇯🇵 🇨🇳 🇦🇺 🇦🇶 🇮🇳
    Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

Congratulations to Steve Canane and the Hack Team!

Hack is still on. Steve has been replaced with a chick, Sarah someone I think. I'm already missing him on the radio, this chick is ok and it would be rough to judge her so early on but at moment I think she is just a bit nervous as she has been stumbling and stuttering a bit in interviews and stuff. I'm sure she will smooth out eventually. Apart from his journalistic talents I enjoyed listening to Steve because he was also pretty interesting and had a personality, he wasn't at all boring and had a good sense of humour, always made for good listening.
I also thought that Ronin Sharkey did a pretty good job filling in for Steve while he was away. I think it would have been good if he was able to step into the role.

frog_e said:
and on Saturday mornings there will be another JTV which will replace the top 50. Rosie is hosting it, and it will have the most requested songs for each week.... that way ABC don't have to play any more of that hideous mid-tempo RnB or whatever it is that is passing for actual music these days.....

I think all my wildest dreams just came true.

Indeed, great work by Steve and everyone involved. They so ingeneously exposed Mr Pynes rubbish drug policy for what it was time and time again.

The "I don't need research to back my stance" thing was an absolute classic. No matter your stance on drug policy, it exposed that the man hadn't even made the step from philisophical debate to the scientific method. :)

Crediting him with the ability to engage in "philosophical debate" would be an exaggeration though, don't you think?

Tronica said:
looking forward to pill testing specials and Steve Cannane on JTV.. hopefully it will be as valuable as SBS Insight :)

I will miss listening to him on Hack though. Does anyone know if someone will be replacing Steve in the Hack spot?

Kate O'Toole is the new host of hack. Not bad so far but she aint Steve ;)

I have now listened to a new Hack, last week, yes she was good but missed Steve. Oh well, life moves on!

ronin was good
kate is getting pretty good, still stumbling and stuff but it seems her head and heart are in the right place.. her mouth is just taking a while to catch up ;)

that said, steve always sucked at anounciation i thought.. the endings of hack where always a trainwreck. he just couldnt speak to a deadline. it didnt affect the content, and hack is a content-centric show, and steve did a great job.