• 🇳🇿 🇲🇲 🇯🇵 🇨🇳 🇦🇺 🇦🇶 🇮🇳
    Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

Congratulations Strawberry Lovemuffin & Dale - Bub has arrived!

Yes congratulations :) This is when you find out all those years of non-stop partying were just training and preparation for the sleep deprivation that only parenting can bring ;)

Sign her up to BL now, while her mind is still fresh and corruptible.

Congrats. :)

Yay! The mini-muffin is here!
Congrats to both of you, and hope Carla is all better soon!

Im sure she is just the most gorgeous baby, and i think Vanth is a beautiful name. xo

Last edited by a moderator:
^^way to ruin the surprise!! The name hadn't been posted yet.

Rated E said:
Sign her up to BL now, while her mind is still fresh and corruptible.

Hehe. Join date bring respect, know what i'm talking about? Imagine how much respect she will get having been a member for 20 years! Hehe.

I want to see a picture!

Perfect.

leecie said:
^^way to ruin the surprise!!
The name hadn't been posted yet.

But now that it has...

Dear Mrs.
&
Mr.
CD,
Congratulations!

<3 <3 <3 <3
LOVE
UnS
=D

leecie said:
^^way to ruin the surprise!! The name hadn't been posted yet.

Oh sorry, i didnt actually read through the whole thread.

Maybe we can all act surprised??

oh awesome! and on Vday!! no way! That's just too perfect for SLM =D Congrats guys! and welcome to the parent club ;)

Sweet!!!! Here's some traditional cake for new babies.

full%20moon%20package.jpg

oh awesome! and on Vday!! no way

yeah, that's so cool...

Guys, you'll be able to use your past partying experience to cope with your sleepless nights, erratic mood and appetite swings, and of course the inevitable occasions of required coitus interruptus ;)

On a positive note; your hearing will improve (for at least one of you), your boobs no doubt look terrific SLM, and you'll find a strange and satisfying fascination in comparing your baby to others - hey, whether it's admitted to or not, every new parent does it =D

However, this is an extremely important period for establishing sleep patterns. Every parent I can think off who didn't take their baby places at night ended up with a child who can't sleep anywhere but in his/her own bed, and usually also must have familiar levels of back ground noise. The musicians and party animals we knew never had this problem. So, after 4 months with each kid we started going out again, sometimes till very late, but where possible we always tried to take the baby. As the kids grew, both boys were very easy to handle at night. Now as adults, they sleep anywhere, anytime, and no amount of noise will wake them. So the advantages continue way down the track.

Enjoy these early months. It's truly a most amazing time.

Wow, you know, I never thought of it like that, but that's so true~!

My mum used to take me EVERYWHERE with her when I was a kid....bands, the pokies, loud parties, anywhere! And I can now sleep anywhere and anywhen I choose, unlike a lot of other people I know! You owe it to your kid to subject them to a noisy environment asap, and it will no doubt be easier on you guys as well!

Also and more importantly, congrats!! Can't believe this is the first I've seen of your bub being born news! =D

She's totally going to get gipped when it comes to Valentine's presents from her boyfriends. ;)

Congrats!!

Wow, thanks so much guys!

Sorry it's taken me so long to get in here and check this thread... you'll understand when I tell you why. Not sure how much to tell everyone about what happened to me because I might put people off having kids forever ;)... (I"ll put the full version on LJ for those with strong stomachs). But to sum up, I had a beautiful, uneventful 7 hour labour and natural delivery ---- followed by an unexpected and massive internal haemorrage from a prolapsed uterus.

I lost 80% of my blood and was rushed to Intensive Care on life support, intubated with machines breathing for me. I was in ICU for two days hooked up to wires and monitors until I could see my bubba again :(

But after a week in hospital recovering (and 8 blood transfusions!) I am on the road to recovery again and my beautiful daughter and I are making up for lost time.

Her name is Scarlett Jade Allason.

Scarlett after Scarlett O'Hara from Gone with the Wind (one of my favourite movies); Jade is Dale's pick, and Allason is a family name. She has gorgeous strawberry blond hair (?! - a huge surprise!). I know I am biased but she is the most precious thing I've ever seen. =D It is the most indescribable feeling, totally amazing. Parenting itself is a challenge; she's a bit of a handful at night but we're getting there.... my legs are letting me down a lot and I tire very easily but as I get my strength back it's getting easier, each day is better. Pics to follow very shortly!

Day1Sleepy.jpg

First day... sleeping it off!
FirstBathDad3.jpg

Loves her baths with dad
WaterBaby3.jpg

Hello!
Chair1.jpg

Prettiest girl in the whole wide world :)
FirstFamilyPic.jpg

First family pic!

Last edited: