• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids Confusion about the legality of poppies.

Status
Not open for further replies.

pocketsevens

Bluelighter
Hey crew,

I'm super confused because I read that it's illegal to cultivate poppies, but it's incredibly easy to buy poppy seeds for growing on Amazon.com. Why are they legal to buy if we can't grow them? I'm going to finally have a yard to grow in this summer and I was just gonna not mention to my roommate why I'll be growing the poppies, but if it would possibly get her in trouble with the law then it's obviously not fair to do that. So are we allowed to grow poppies or not?

On an unrelated note, what does SWIM mean and how come everyone always refers to themselves as SWIM in their posts?

Correct me if I am wrong, but I think it means "Someone Who Isn't Me"? Like that will release you from any legal claim in the future? Ha ha.......

The poppy seeds you buy on the internet are unlikely to grow. They've been rendered sterile, and exist only for topping buns and other strange, non-euphoric practices; I wouldn't expect to get a decent Papaver Somniferum plant out of them.

As far as I am aware, the poppy pods can be purchased and used for decorative purposes in flower arrangements and so-on, but it's typically down to the seller whether those will contain any active alkaloids, and whether they're a legitimate business aiming to provide poppies to artists, or a slightly-less legitimate business aiming to provide highs to people exploring the joys of poppy-pod tea. :)

Legal question. Closed. Once scored it's illegal. pocketseven, welcome to BL. Please read the BLUA and OD guidelines! Be well.

Status
Not open for further replies.