• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Stimulants Confused.. How can some people handle Meth so well? I can't

OpiateKiller

Bluelighter
So I've been experimenting with Meth a little bit here and there, and let me tell you....

I have absolutely no idea how some people manage to function properly or maintain an addiction of this stuff.

I mean in the past I've had amphetamine paste / speed powder addictions, using it daily for months and was able to maintain (was working 12 hour night shifts 4x days a week, using speed on my night shifts and even days off eventually).

But these days when I use Meth, holy shit is FUCKS me up. ONE dose, say an oral capsule or I've also plugged, and I'm done for.

The other day I took a 100 mg capsule of Meth (the Meth I just got is extremely pure, absurd potency). This one dose kept me awake for 96 hours, I didn't eat anything till 72 hours post dose and by the time I was coming down my lips were all cut up, my entire jaw was in pain from teeth grinding, I was pouring sweat, dehydrated, on the verge of passing out. From days 2-5 post dose of Meth use I am an absolute wreck basically, sleep deprived, tired, paranoid, delusional, detached from reality, angry, and have had some very troubling thoughts.

So I mean, how they hell do people do this stuff and function? When I use stimulants I try to reach the point of the "geeked" out phase, or basically where I'm incredibly sped up. And at that point I'm beyond any sort of functional level of high.

Really don't understand how some people do this stuff daily and maintain any sort of structure or success... insights? Do you think I just react poorly to meth? Because with amphetamines it's a lot netter i just can't obs

Yeah I'm kind of the same way. I used to do it all the time in as a teen, I'd smoke it the bathrooms at school and at mcdoanlds where I worked. And I generally was able to somewhat keep myself together.

But the few times I've done it in my adult life I go absolutely bonkers, chase fucking squirrels and do all kinds of stupid stuff. Send people stupid messages. Take one look at me and you know I'm fucked. And thats off really small amounts, less than a point will fuck me up for days. I hate it. hate it hate it hate it. I dont know why I ever liked it as a kid.

You're right you're probably just sensitive to it. I bet if you kept taking it daily eventually you would adapt and you'd learn how to semi-function. You're body always pushes back.

EDIT: I just saw that you're dose was 100mg. That is a really high dose to take all at once for a newbie. You probably would have got a decent effect off 1/10th of that.

Kind of sounds like over doing it and failed planning mixed with low tolerance (plus good purity..lucky bastard) lol. That shit will happen to me occasionally, comes with the territory. Gotta find ways to make urself stop and maintain some of the essentials. Water, Food, Hygiene. I know easier said than done.

I have absolutely no idea how some people manage to function properly or maintain an addiction of this stuff.
Most don't. No matter what they say, do, or appear this shit happens from time to time

Well .. from personal experience once I'd got a right son of a bitch amphetamine tolerance I could take meth without the crazy. Something about the combination of dopamine and seratonin agonists makes for psychosis .. but when you're largely tolerant to dopamine it seems to be less of an issue.

The duration problem is because meth metabolises twice into active amphetamines (I think the first pass is something crazy like 80%). If you take stims a lot that becomes less of a problem as the other amps are weaker .. though ... yeah ... meth is nuts. It's main problem is that unlike speed you just can't fit it properly into a weekend. Even with lots of benzos you'll still be feeling buzzed on Monday.

I agree though .. no idea how people do it on a regular basis and still have a normal life. I think you just have to kinda drop totally out of the mainstream and live your life on meth runs. Not that I've never done them .. I remember working on them - it's just clearly unsustainable unless you're rich as fuck or on the street.

You learn to adapt very quickly, and most of those nasty side effects diminish or disappear completely. Even the crash.
Of course this all comes only through daily use and diminishing highs.

The way you describe all your side effects makes me miss them :ROFLMAO:
Sounds fun.

I’m one of those weird people who can pull it off. I’ve worked corporate jobs for years while high. I think some people are just wired different. Every drug I’ve done I’ve been able to maintain myself with. But with meth in particular there are three rules I abide by
1) drink a shitload of water
2) eat.
3) rest every night. Eventually you can train yourself to actually sleep, but until that point it is important to stop moving, lay down, and rest.

Last edited:
So I've been experimenting with Meth a little bit here and there, and let me tell you....

I mean in the past I've had amphetamine paste / speed powder addictions, using it daily for months and was able to maintain (was working 12 hour night shifts 4x days a week, using speed on my night shifts and even days off eventually).

But these days when I use Meth, holy shit is FUCKS me up. ONE dose, say an oral capsule or I've also plugged, and I'm done for.

The other day I took a 100 mg capsule of Meth (the Meth I just got is extremely pure, absurd potency). This one dose kept me awake for 96 hours, I didn't eat anything till 72 hours post dose and by the time I was coming down my lips were all cut up, my entire jaw was in pain from teeth grinding, I was pouring sweat, dehydrated, on the verge of passing out. From days 2-5 post dose of Meth use I am an absolute wreck basically, sleep deprived, tired, paranoid, delusional, detached from reality, angry, and have had some very troubling thoughts.

So I mean, how they hell do people do this stuff and function? When I use stimulants I try to reach the point of the "geeked" out phase, or basically where I'm incredibly sped up. And at that point I'm beyond any sort of functional level of high.

Really don't understand how some people do this stuff daily and maintain any sort of structure or success... insights? Do you think I just react poorly to meth? Because with amphetamines it's a lot netter i just can't obs
I can't handle it either even cocaine I gotta have a drink first

Haven’t tried meth so take this with grain of salt

buuut 100 mg is sort of a large dose considering therepeutic doses for amphetamine top at around 30 mg

Haven’t tried meth so take this with grain of salt

buuut 100 mg is sort of a large dose considering therepeutic doses for amphetamine top at around 30 mg

Maybe, but i think 100 mg, or one point, is what most people start with. Certainly, it is what is commonly recommended on BL when newbies to meth ask - especially IV newbies.

it depends a bit on whether you want to be competently hyper alert and focussed (in which case 30 mg of quality product definitely adequate given the Rx meth dose of Desoxyn for ADHD is only 5 mg. However, if you want to be spun high with a near uncontrollable libido and awake for 48 hours closer to 100 mg is more appropriate. All subject to limitations of street purity.

Meth effects are incremental and long lasting so you can always start of small and take further doses every half hour or so until you get where you want to be.

However, people who have negative reactions like anxiety or psychosis on first use usually never get accustomed to meth and its just not for them.

The comedown on the other hand gets easier and easier to handle with continued use and experience. My first comedown 10 years ago put me in a psych ward for suicidal depressoon. Now I barely notice it apart from heavy sleepiness and lack of energy for a day or two.

Problems when you are high - like anxiety, paranoia and panic cannot be managed long-term by mixing in other drugs - meth just not for such people. However problems on the comedown can be effectively managed long term with benzos and anti-psychotics which really smooth things out if only taken for 2-3 days at the end of the binge.

All in all though meth is an all-consuming drug that takes serious commitment and serious harm-reduction measures ot it will eat most people alive.

Those very few who seem to function fine on it are usually people with ADD brains who have paradoxical effects to stimulants, people very conscious about harm reduction, or people who have just not been at it that long.

If you look closely at a lot of long term users who still function at high level and hold down a job you’ll often find they are on other medications that reduce symptoms from dopamine and norepinephrine system problems.

Do you feel a comedown after only using once and not after a binge? Say taking 50-75 mg at a music festival for example. Is there a bad hangover or is it manageable?

Do you feel a comedown after only using once and not after a binge? Say taking 50-75 mg at a music festival for example. Is there a bad hangover or is it manageable?
Depends on the individual but for most people the first time they’ll feel very depressed and anxious for at least a day or two. There are way better drugs for music festivals than meth.

I am a daily user of amphetamine I buy the drug and take as table shows and if ur using recreational I can describe as well
Now for daily doses take a vape juice bottle 15 ml ok 1cc=1ml ok so figure an 8 ball is bout 6to8 cc water distilled. 25 to 35 unit shots would do ya. Daily...
Now if u use as a weekend warrior u want that 1st to hit good but not to where it would hurt u. So weigh out 0.25-0.40 the. 25 is if u recoup during work week. The 40.

I am a daily user of amphetamine I buy the drug and take as table shows and if ur using recreational I can describe as well
Now for daily doses take a vape juice bottle 15 ml ok 1cc=1ml ok so figure an 8 ball is bout 6to8 cc water distilled. 25 to 35 unit shots would do ya. Daily...
Now if u use as a weekend warrior u want that 1st to hit good but not to where it would hurt u. So weigh out 0.25-0.40 the. 25 is if u recoup during work week. The 40.
Is to get that russh then wait 8-12 hours for next say .35 it's up to you and your tolerances..

I can't handle it either even cocaine I gotta have a drink first
That. 96 hour reaction was to the effect of not having it in your system st all. One thing I will stress I'm a IV user. Ok I must stay hydrated and eat or drink at meal shake most important. I take 35 units a day and can sleep on it but I've been using since March but I'm well educated about it because I used to make it

I actually agree with the bluelighters who think that 100mg is a pretty high dose for a newbie, but we seem to be the minority here.
Once you build a tolerance you can take higher doses but you should always start small.
If I had believed the people who said take 100-500mg on your first time I would've had a terrible experience.

I would recommend 10-20mg for your first time (unless your meth is trash), if you feel like it's not enough after 30min or so (unless you take it orally, in that case it takes longer to kick in) then you can take more and more untill you feel high. You'll quickly find your sweet spot.
Also if you get used to low doses you can avoid tolerance for longer and it won't wreak havoc on your dopamine system. If you start with massive doses you'll never be able to go back and enjoy lower doses.

Depends on the individual but for most people the first time they’ll feel very depressed and anxious for at least a day or two. There are way better drugs for music festivals than meth.
Yeah I kinda figured. I’m sure curiosity will get the better of me one day but for now I’ll stick to the dexamph

Do you feel a comedown after only using once and not after a binge? Is there a bad hangover or is it manageable?

Yes, you'll absolutely feel the comedown and it will feel terrible. I wasn't prepared for how bad it was going to be when i first began dabbling.
Stabs of anxiety, restlessness, nausea, depression levels that were previously unknown to me.
But one of the worst was the repeating loops of music in my head that i couldnt stop while trying desperately to "sleep". I remember the first time coming down, i was actually scared and thought i was dying so i told my mom what i did and she rushed me to urgent care lol.

This experience would be repeated many times and i kept doing it. That should tell you something.

Just be aware of what you're potentially diving into.

My first few times doing meth I didn't get much of a comedown... but the more I did it the more I started feeling tired afterwards. These days if I take some I cant get out of the house for a week after. Definitely not worth it anymore.

Wow that sounds really uncomfortable. Meth is a beast and that is an understatement. You gotta be in a relationship with this shit to maintain ANY type of functioning. I have found, we must must eat, drink and lay down sometimes. I have to specifically plan (prior to dosing) Some go to music, a safe peaceful spot and something to hold or super focus on, to get my mind to a place that is comfortable and safe. Then I can get rational and battle the rabbit hole of scary shit. But seriously we must hydrate. Some of those symptoms come from being up for 96 and all the effects of not sleeping, eating or drinking. Meth is not a recreational drug imo. it's a dead ass serious adventure and not to be taken lightly. Respect for the drug is essential. I remind myself that am the Boss of my mind, not the other way around. I'll spot that whirlwind and tell myself, "Ok you're real fucked up right now". Then I do something like I mentioned earlier to regroup and enjoy the high. I force my mind to rest and think of something to do next, take some deep breathes and drink drink, drink, For me there is so many factors that make a difference in how the dope and I are going to get along. From the quality to the cut to my mood and more I really don'r know what kind of impact it is going to have on me. So I batten down the hatches, with a safe spot ready, and off I go! Believe me I learned this the hard way ,like most of us Bl people, Someone told me that just laying down with your eyes closed counts towards rest. If your plan is to just get high and go about your daily as usual, meth is not the best choice for you! When I use it sends me into a very dreamlike state or even knocks me out for a few min. I gotta do some planning before I start dosing or else I can start to feel lost and disconnected. I found it is real easy for me to become delusional Coffee also puts me right to sleep. I do take other meds for anxiety and pain so there is that , Best of everything to you and just be mindful in your decisions about this Beast! It ain't no joke and it ain't for everybody!
Peace,
Majik

Left to my own devices not much to do I won’t necessarily function to any great degree, but I do know how to conduct myself and I have worked many shifts and socialized secretly high many times under the influence of methamphetamine. Once I’m in there I’m not really even thinking about the drugs or anything anymore I just go in and do my job and I usually do it pretty well whatever that is.

For some reason so do not get dialated pupils at all so that’s a help too. I don’t shake, I don’t twitch, I don’t grind my jaws or have my eyes darting about. I’m usually fairly calm once I’m into a buzz.

There have absolutely been days with crystal where this would be absolutely impossible, but at the end of the day so think it boils down to a mind over matter sort of thing. You become accustomed to the effects of any drug you take regularly over time too so it’s easier to deal with when it’s basically baseline at any given time.

It’s really deceptive being able to function at all in something like meth. Functioning is not thriving and just functioning is not something to aspire tooand only functioning. Meth will fuck anyone up functioning or not. It’s just a slower roll to the same end result, total degradation.

Last edited: