• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Stimulants confused about taking adderall during minor opiate withdrawal and has suboxone

I am an ex-heroin user and ex-sub patient of 7 years at 24mg a day. So yeah...serious habits. This is what I personally do/did to get off all of it. Im not saying this works for all but its what I did and I hope it helps someone. If it doesnt Im sorry and I wish you well:)

I went through a grewling switch from H to Subs. I was extremely sensitive to Naloxone and had to use subutex in the end. Stayed on that for 7 years and when I decided to quit I knew I needed it to be as comfortable as possible. I know Im a big huge wimp when it comes to this one thing. Strong as hell facing anything else but this is certainly my heel. So I tapered for a year down to .010 of an mg daily. Its important to take your time. Ill say again...take your time. After each taper you MUST not taper again until you feel ok on the dose you are on. Also once you do taper to the next dose down you should adjust in 5 days...for the most part. If you dont then you went down to soon. Go back up. Each time you have to let your brain achieve a balance of receptors where they arenot screaming for things they arent going to get. Once the doses got low enough that they werent lasting a whole day I started taking CLonidine in the evening only. Mind you that Clonidine is VERY physically addicting also so take as little as possible. I take .02 mgs at night 30-45 mins before I plan on going to bed. Yes there is some discomfort from about 4 till 9pm when I go to bed generally but its a few hours. Suck it up. This sint going to be easy nor fun. But we can minimize the distress. In fact you dont want to get rid of all distress because its that distress that gets your body to start making the things it needs to again! Ok...so we are down to the end of your sub taper. Last day take 4 times whatever the last dosage you were taking was. This will not cause you to develop receptors and resistance from one instance but it will allow you to coast down from a reletaivly comforortable point. 4 days later is when the real withdrawal hits when you are taking about subutex/one btw. 36 hour half life!

Ok so here is the part where amps come in handy. I wrote this post in this manner so that you could see that this could be for any opiate. It justs needs to have the subs thrown in and I really do suggest that anyways. Full opiates are terrible to withdraw from. Horrible. Subs are very mild. In fact non-existent if done right more or less. So switch to subs before you try to quit...just my opinion. The one thing that it does cause is extreme energy loss. You feel like a sloth thats lazier than most even. This gets depressing of course. So its not until this point when Im completly off all opiates that I take 15 mgs of adderall at 5AM. YEs 5AM and you should consider the same. You see getting up at 5AM and getting the day going and being productive will do WONDERS for you! Plus you WILL be tired at 9 PM and you will be able to sleep. The added bonus is that you are also getting yourself on a schedule too...albeit chemically controlled for now but the habit for me still remains and I love it:) I only smoke weed after 4pm and honestly weed for me doesnt work. Dabs do tho! Three dabs in a row and I feel NO withdrawal. Oddly though the effect is dimminishing. So it works at 5PM say. At 8PM I try it again and it works but not as well. By 9 I need the clonidine and a few dabs and Im fine. Mostly because I slept through the worst of it.

Important things in general:

Any meds (ANY) should be used as sparingly as possible. JUST enough to do the job. Your not getting high off em!
Never let yourself be genuinly hungry, cold, or tired. Someone told me this 30 years ago and I never got it until I quit dope and turns out there is scinece behind that stement:)
Take vitamins and eat well. Give ur body what it needs to repair itself.
Go slow if you can. You are in it for the long run...right?
Try to not dwell on your withdrawal. TRy to actually forget about it. NOTHING worse than waiting around all day for the various signs of withdrawal.
Have some support. Someone you can quite literally cry with if you feel the need.
Try to schedule this so the worst times for you while you are tapering are during sleep periods! Your cheating the devil of 8 hours(if you can that is)!

Im gonna say this again because hionestly if you can adhere to one thing...I would say it this:

NEVER LET YOURSELF FEEL HUNGRY, COLD, OR TIRED. The reasons are because these feelings require huge amountys of dopamine to moderate these feelings and or stop them. If they arent moderated your body and nervous system will spiral out of control and this will cause the onset of withdrawal even. I know it seems silly or makes no sense but its really very true.

I hope Ive helped someone. Sorry for the typos etc. I kinda had to rush through this. God be with anyone in this situation and know that Im there with ya and I wish you the best. Should you even need someone just to talk to you can call me. PEople do care and I do care. I cant offer money or food or much but I can and always will be there for you to call if you need to:) Its a toll free number. Please dont abuse this and make me take this down. I am extension 101 but I usually have all the exts forwarded to me. My name is Kenneth in the directory. Its my company so dont sweat it ;)

Thanks all
<snip>

Last edited by a moderator:
Reviving a dead thread is not a place to make a post like yours... If anything it is a blog post or something that should've been posted in a new thread. Still I think it is not the right place and while I know you say you're trying to help posting your number is a horrible idea.... Especially if you have posted incriminating info under this account name.

Figured people searching this may want an answer that's not from 2012 lol! I'm currently on day 3 of opiate withdrawals. I was taking 200mg of Roxie's at least a day for about 6 months. Day two was the absolute worse! I'm prescribed adderal 30mg. On day 3 in the morning I took one and had 3 cups of coffee. Cold chills and sweats are gone, diarrhea is gone, and I ran multiple errands today. Body still aches but took Tylenol flu every 4 hours. Now it's 1am and I'm feeling better than I have since I quit. So far the only down side is, I don't see myself going to sleep anytime soon. I'll post an update every day from now through day 7. (If physical symptoms reach day 7)

Tacodude.....
I never looked at these replies and just happened back on this thread after restoring an old backup. This time I would call it reviving an old post. Especially since this really isnt relevant to the thread itself but only to your reply. The post prior to mine was posted 6 months after the last post. Mine was posted 7 months after the last post. Yet I was reviving an old thread?
My post was quite relevant to the original post and if I found it (and actually I was referred here by another friend that had found it so...) then its certainly being searched for in some manner and if so I wouldnt call a post 7 months later revival of the dead. The original poster was confused about adderall and suboxone and opiate withdrawal. This is exactly what my post is in reply to. Since I have had personal experience in this I shared my experience to help him in his confusion. I have read every rule made available regarding posting my phone number. Im no kid and I understand and accept any consequence of my action. No I have not posted anything that incriminates me and anything I have admitted to I am fine with anyone knowing as it no longer applies and I hide nothing in my life. Now a moderator deciding to remove it Im fine with if he/she feels its not appropriate for their site however please dont insinuate that I'm some idiot. If you have admitted to incriminating things online and law enforcement ever decides to come after you trust me lacking your phone number will not dissuade them in the least....

Mod:
I do apologize at this point for reviving a dead thread.....If a moderator decides to delete this please delete my first also. As long as it exists I deserve to defend it/myself. If it doesnt then who cares anymore. No hard feelings either way;) Still love the site....