• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Stimulants Concerta/Vyvanse tolerance

Roachmon95

Bluelighter
Hello bluelighters.

I Have a few questions regarding use, abuse and tolerance of stimulants.

I recently was switched from Vyvanse to Concerta for the treatment of ADD. I made the switch due to vyvanse becoming less and less effective. during my time on it, I abused it a handful of times taking up to 5 70's(I was prescribed one a day) in a day. the majority of the time I took as prescribed however. I was on in for about 6 months and it seemed like it just kept wearing off quicker and quicker, in addition I couldn't deal with the comedowns.

so I started taking Concerta three days ago(1 54mg capsule a day), and me being the curious cat that I am....started binging on it the second I got the script. Today is day 3 (and the final day of taking more than prescribed. for the first two days i took 4 of the 54mg's. Today I took three.

so the questions i'm getting at are, is Vyvanse cross tolerant with concerta?

and can a three day binge like this permenantly fuck my tolerance?

I've honestly never even really felt a real high from either of them, i just feel like I need to redose for some reason. Please get back to me, thanks.

Yes there is cross tolerance because both are stimulants, if you exhaust yourself on an amphetamine binge, concerta won't help the next day. No it cannot affect your tolerance. I really have no idea how you developed tolerance to vyvanse. Do you eat and sleep?

Vyvanse is an amphetamine pro-drug, it's not Heroin. You don't take it to get high, you take it so that doing what you like gives you additional excitement and reward. If you take it and do nothing, there's no point. If you didn't feel a high from 5x 70mg Vyvanse it's normal, it simply tells me that:

- you don't know how to have fun.
- you may have severe ADHD and require larger doses. Doctors can prescribe 120mg Adderall (300mg vyvanse)/day for ADHD in rare situations. It might just be that you require a bigger dose.

So should I just take my prescribed dose tomorrow(today actually), or should I take a break for a while. Like I said I just got switched to concerta 3 days ago. I don't even know how my prescribed dose would affect me since I've been binging on them. I do have a HUGE exam in Tuesday, which is how I rationalized my binge. But I still didn't get shit finished.

I'm definitely regretting this now. I've used almost half my script in 3 days. I'm worried about my tolerance , as well as my health and any withdrawal.

I guess I should mention I'm taking Wellbutrin XL300mg once a day as well. Could this help with any withdrawals if they occurred? Thanks blue light, I'm sort of a stim noob.