Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

Compulsory Voting

kryalkastleE said:
never seen me get riled?
really?
hehehe. didnt think it was that long ago i had a big forehead.
lol =D

I remember that rofl! :D I certainly know that you can do for yourself, quite well, KK :D. While i don't think Mr CS intended to come across as offensive, the subject of politics is very touchy indeed. My parents always said to me that you never discuss your political opinions, whether that's right or wrong, that's how i was raised, hence i've not made a post in the threads regarding the subject. :)

I will, say, however, that i take my hat off to you for your thread, there seems to be a stigma around here that if you're not some kind of fucking political analyst, you're unintelligent. Personally, I think nothing could be further from the truth. Look at policitians... they're well versed on politics, and most are the biggest cock-knobs around, and are completely out of touch with the rest of us.

Last edited:
Me and mr CS have resolved our differences via PM. He didnt mean to come off as offensive and i guess maybe i just got a little offended over something that i shouldnt have.

But i am starting to think along the lines of not discussing politics as it seems to cause all kinds of rifts and stirs. I was at a party on saturday night where the election was discussed with some heat (i did not take a part in) and people ended up just getting really mad and angry, and spent the latter part of the night in a huff.

I guess i just want to make the point like you said samadhi that even if you dont know all the ins and outs of every policy you shouldnt be scared to ask, or branded as a dumb fuckwit.
-BIG FOREHEAD OVER& OUT- <3 to breakabeat.

And back OT. I still think its good that we have compulsory voting. otherwise we could end up like america with a cockbag like bush in power.

kryalkastleE said:
-BIG FOREHEAD OVER& OUT

Reason number 53 - why i just love KryalkastlE :D:D

ok, i'm outta here, sorry for the off-topic post ;)

^HAHAH. A little offended?

KK, i am still sobbing from the effects of your voracious attack. Whatever this forehead thing was, I am as sure as fuck glad that it was not me who was involved.

Don't fuck with the KK :p

EDIT: Meant for KK. Samadhi hasn't attacked me...yet.

UM....yeah... i hate compulsory voting.

This is why I hate politics and am lucky enough to not have had to vote in this stupid vic election (technically I reside in Carine, WA hehe).

I was at a party a couple months ago (potatos party, cant remember when it was) and unfortunately I struck up a conversation with a radical labor supporter.

The dude almost killed my pill. Seriously. I mean, who cares that much about politics to go on and on about it when you're at a great party, plurred up to the max and theres awesome beats playing in the background?

A half hour rant about the axing of compulsory student unionism later and I had to grab another pill as the last one died in the horror of it all.

FUCK YOU POLITICS!

The only reason why I was ever a labor supporter was because I had a crush on Paul Keating when I was a young tacker (how embarassing )

Knowing how lazy the Aussies are and they always seem to land an election on a weekend when something else is on (the Test Cricket this weekend), nobody is going to bloody vote!

Damned if you do, damned if you dont.

Ive often done a donkey vote as I hate all the "choices" there are anyway. They all suck.

Guess this is something I am indifferent about as well :\

Reminds me of the mistake I made when the 2004 election was on.People I knew were going away for a while,and I attended there farewell party.

BIG MISTAKE!

Stupid people there started talking about politics.They were so ignorant I had to stop myself from causing a scene,by going to gets drinks alot!

Stupid statements included:-

Someone saying: "I voted for the Greens,but am glad John Howard got back in". - Polar opposites,oh dear!

Another: "Yes!,the Liberals got back in." - From a guy going really bad in life,such as being stuck in a crappy paid casual job,voting Liberal will make sure he stays this way.Someone then,said why he felt this way.His answer: "I heard they are good off tv and just cause".

I had a look of disgust on my face.He stupidly replied: "So,you voted Labor". (Talk about assuming things and NOT thinking :p )

I replied with a roll of the eyes and a reply of 'Greens".

From a so called good christian: "What Ross Cameron did was nothing.He's great guy.It was probably his wife fault he had an affair".

These were just the worst of the ignorant comments.There were many more............... :(

From this experience,I hang out with these people very little,infact there ignorance disgusts me,and I wished they couldn't vote :X

Finally,this sums up them and many others:-

"The best arguement against democracy is a five minute conversation with the average voter".

Last edited:
kryalkastleE said:
But i am starting to think along the lines of not discussing politics as it seems to cause all kinds of rifts and stirs. I was at a party on saturday night where the election was discussed with some heat (i did not take a part in) and people ended up just getting really mad and angry, and spent the latter part of the night in a huff.

Ahh, have you not heard the saying "Never discuss politics or religion at the dinner table?" (or the other similar ones). Doing this usually leads to mass arguments and the like. Same with bogans 'discussing' fords vs holdens, footy teams and the like.
Take the internet with all fun and games, but it can be easy to make things feel personal.

Anyway on topic, I'm for it now. I used to be against compulsory voting but I am for it these days as it shows the religious side has far more say in politics. Besides all the cheating debacles and stuff, religion played a part with Bush getting and staying in power in my view. If only it could be done so secure and non hacked voting could be done online, a lot of people would be happier with it :) Means people can't get shitty with taking time off to vote. God, we were in city on Saturday with friends and 2 of them had to vote. The lines to vote @ town hall were MASSIVE. I reckon 30-60 min wait for sure (minimum) for absentee votes while one of our friends who lived in the city was shown the local line, about 20 people lined up compared to hundred(s) of the other lines. OUCH

that sucks ^^^^

i walked straight in and out in my area (yay for eastern suburbs!).
on another note i think internet voting would be a hell of a lot easier for sure.
and WHY THE FUCK do we vote in pencil!!! its ridiculous!! i wanted to vote in pen so my vote couldnt be rubbed out, but i thought it might not count if i did that...