View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Tryptamines Comparison of 4-aco compounds

Seph

Bluelighter
Hey so this is the first thread I've started but anyway, I've recently found myself quite interested in the various 4-aco compounds due to their stability and availability . I just wanted to ask what people's opinions on which are the favoured what are the comparitable potencies and some experiences etc. sorry if this is already a thread but I was unable to find it , if it is would somebody please link me. Much appreciated thank you

DAAAAMN i did exactly the same thing like 20 mins ago!. I've had fun with DMT one really like shroom mellow and FUNNNN. But wanted to see for the DET/MET one and dont have any. You know there is also the 4-HO analogs that are quite interesting too. The DET is supposed to be shorter, like 1-2hrs than the DMT one.

4-AcO-DMT: get you HIGH really but it doesnt alter reality itself like shroom. its more stable. The world just add something; good mood and hallucinations. At some point you get ego loss but really slowly and comfortable compare to the tornado that are shrooms. Visuals arent modifying really what you see instead you start seeing patterns of hallucinations beyond your own view. Of course this is the kind of thing I got from 40mg mixed with 3g syrian rue. (fumarate salt and it was old batch of oct 2014) So cant wait to see others which are from usualy march this year so mabe more potent/weight.

I like the fact that it is legal in canada. Eh we found one good thing to live in canada! JK

Sound pretty good I've a decent bit of experience with shrooms so the 4-aco -dmt has always appealed to me but then there is a varied range like I was reading the dipt and mipt 4-aco compounds are meant to be very good. I have heard and read about the OH compounds but it seems (from my reading ) tht they aren't as stable or as smooth (not sure which ) I think once the old student loans in I'll be getting 4-aco-dmt regardless but I want to get one/some of the other ones to see how they compare . Plus shroom season generally starts a little early at my Uni so I wouldn't mind finding out how any of the 4-aco compounds combine with shrooms

Also did you find that the Syrian rue amped the 4-aco-dmt a lot or just mildly. And could you give a rough idea how much it potentates it by eg x2,x10 etc?

With the Acetylpsilocin to my surprise ,and compared to shrooms, it did not potentiate alot, like 2x or mabe 3x compared to shrooms where the combo is BRUTAL.. Altho it did lenghten the experiance adding 2-3hrs straight in the plateau which is cool the plateau could be compared to what acid would be (only in terms of duration) . Took it at 11.am peaked from 13;30 to7-8pm then came down and fell asleep like 11pm Surprizingly long trip and long waiting for the kick in like 1hr or so i also found the waiting shortened without the syrian rue like 30-50mins to kick in. but without the syrian rue the trip was shorter. again took it 11am 14days after the first one peaked from 12:30 to 5-6 and came down at like 8-9pm slept at 10.

I personnaly find that adding the syrian rue makes a spiritual/personal/introspective trip plus the dietary restrictions. its more complicated, really use it more when you want to exit this world.

Acetylpsilocin has ALOT to offer as a fun drug and a spiritual drug alone even without mixing it. It's all about dosage!

Oh that's quite interesting I've never used Syrian rue in any way , neither by itself or in a combination . I'm glad to hear that 4-aco dmt still has the spiritual feeling to it as I've always found that it gives an experience much more meaning than hey that Lucy really made the party good cause I was so fucked etc . Do you know if the other 4-aco compounds still maintain the spiritual aspect of the psychedelics or if it's just lessened/absent . Also what do you know about the increased creativity of the dmt substitution or any of the others for that matter ?

I cannot talk by experiance but i read alot about the DET. it looks like a DMT short and sweet version. But some have reported PROFOUND spiritual experiance with low dose of this one. I think the constant in the Reports were that it is shorter than its DMT version. The MET seems totally different to me mabe less spiritual again i cannot talk by experiance.. sadly..

Really? Why would you choose those compounds what makes them you'r favorites

4-ACO-MET gAve me the best visuals and was the most psychadelic of the 4....DET was on par with it but didn't last as long

4-HO-MET is very visual but not as solid as the aCO version

But after reading lots and lots of trip reports on both do he compounds, I have come to the conclusion that it really matters what kind of quality your product is, and it seems like my vendor just has better quality MET

Here it is:
the Big & Dandy 4-substituted Tryptamine Comparison Thread

the MET and DPT compounds are not mentioned in the OP there, and other patterns like MPT, DALT, MALT simply are not common enough to considered remotely essential.

For me 4-x-DMT is spiritual and trancey with concentrated psychedelic potency but it can be a bit much. 4-HO-DMT was marvellous and amazing, but 4-AcO-DMT has been pretty deep but too vague for my taste. Also unpredictable, producing entity contact upon closing my eyes pretty out of the blue.
4-x-MET is just right, more lighthearted but still amazing. 4-x-DiPT seems more empathogenic, with entactogenic and auditive effects... Can be quite recreational and easy to take, but can be a little boring in being so. The MiPTs, especially the plain N,N-MiPT trypt, feel plain fucking *weird* to me. I like psychedelic and trippy, of course, but utter alienation can feel pointless and disturbing. That said, 4-HO-MiPT was more interesting, cool and unpredictable and much more worthwhile than MiPT itself.
Havent gotten round to my 4-AcO-DET and 4-AcO-DPT yet. Or, I may have used 4-AcO-DET in a mix when I ran out of 4-AcO-MET too early... but its not fresh in my memory either way.

Thanks for the thread link , I'm considering trying to obtain a sample of each 4 aco substituted tryptamines and comparing them all but I feel that may be a little time in the future possibly after summer , earlier if possible tho . You make the met compound sounds like it would be a good starting point

You can check the central 4-HO-MET thread:
http://www.bluelight.org/vb/threads/600145-The-Big-amp-Dandy-4-HO-MET-Thread-Part-2

Erowid trip reports on 4-HO-MET:"
https://www.erowid.org/experiences/subs/exp_4HOMET.shtml

The Beginners FAQ, link below in my signature, should help explain how to find your way around.

Yeah 4-HO-MET, and I guess the acetoxy ester, are imo top range substances.. but don't take my or anyone's word for it.. read second opinions and plain observations ;)
14.gif

My best trip was mixing the homet, Acomet, acodet, and homipt.....15 mg of each for a total of 60mg,,,,easily by far my favorite 4 sub trip

And yes, 4-ACO-MET is the best of what I've had.....it would be hard to have a bad trip off that compound

4-AcO-DMT is one of my favorite drugs. It takes about 15-20 minutes to kick in when I take it orally and the come-up is SO smooth and euphoric (unlike LSD and 2C-E, which make me feel rough and jittery during the come-up).
One of the best trips I've ever had was on 40mg 4-AcO-DMT and 150mg codeine.

I haven't tried any of the other 4-sub tryptamines (other than shrooms, which I haven't taken in about 5 years).

4acodmt is possibly my favorite psychedelic. It can be intense, yes, but afterwards I always feel as if I've cleansed myself of a great burden of negativity. My most intense trip ever was from I believe around 30-35 mg IV dose. Listened to the endless breathing of the earth on that trip. This trip was important to me because it really made me value my own life and soul, it helped me come to grips with my own mortality, and returned me from the pit of depression I was sinking in and restored my will to live.

4homet was a lot of fun too though, mostly just major laughing fits and giggles with my brother. Somewhat visually pleasing even in 10mg doses. Didn't hold a special place in my heart like 4acodmt, but I have a lot less experience with it.

4homipt I have much less experience with, but like others have said it is kinda bizzare and alien feeling.

4acomet is next up on my to-do list and I'll be sure to write something about it when I get my hands on it.

I'm really torn between 4-AcO-DMT and 4-AcO-MiPT (and by extension 4-HO-MiPT which I find virtually indistinguishable from 4-AcO-MiPT) at the moment.

Years ago I would have crowned the MiPTs without batting an eyelash. I perceive their effects to be a subset of the DMTs', in that the MiPTs seem to subtract some of the more superficial chaos of the DMTs while preserving the deeper and more satisfying elements.

But the DMTs are growing on me. In their own way they seem cleaner. Maybe it's only because the selectivity of the MiPTs enables me to abuse them by taking higher doses more comfortably? I do tend to find myself dosing significantly higher with 4-AcO-MiPT than 4-AcO-DMT.

Last edited:
Hey so this is the first thread I've started but anyway, I've recently found myself quite interested in the various 4-aco compounds due to their stability and availability . I just wanted to ask what people's opinions on which are the favoured what are the comparitable potencies and some experiences etc. sorry if this is already a thread but I was unable to find it , if it is would somebody please link me. Much appreciated thank you
4-HO is where its at for me personally. 4-ACO seems like the more hardcore trip's, akin to Psylocybine. 4-HO's are recreational.