PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Tryptamines Comparing Chaliponga Yields from Different Regions

G_Chem

Moderator: OD
Staff member
Note: Written by me, 5yrs ago.

This was sent to me via email, I do not participate in chemistry activities such as these just write about them. It will be written in first person but only for ease of reading..

---------------------------------------------------

So I thought this may be of use to both myself in future buys as well as others who find themselves wondering which they should choose. During my run through websites selling different ethnobotanicals I found one that was very straightforward about their products including telling exactly how and where these plants were harvested, very ethical website. Anyways for the Chaliponga they had quite a few different selections for leaf and it was hard to decide which would be "the best." So picked 100g of 3 batches harvested from different regions and went to work as usual.

The extractions done weren't as strictly monitored as I would have hoped but good enough to get a pretty damn good idea. There is only so much you can do to run a precise experiment in a ghetto setup, but I feel confident it was done well. (If anyone really wants to know how it was performed I can ask him and then type it up.)

The three different regions were...

Columbia, Putumayo
Peru, Loreto
Peru, Tarapoto

Take note that the yields mentioned are only from the first pull, only 1 pull was done and then it was hit with xylene for a stronger jungle spice product. It is still good info to know the first pull as typically the yields from 2nd and 3rd pulls won't suddenly grab more unless there was a problem like not enough base.

Yields were...

1. Peru, Loreto. .37g of some gorgeous hexagonal crystals that I've only seen a few times in my life and never from anyone else besides online. They were a bit chunkier though and almost bordered on that salt look DMT can sometimes form crystals like. There was a light yellowish, honey looking oil thats common with DMT containing plants at times, but instead of smelling like lilacs (which mimosa yellow oil can remind one of) it has a different more earthy/planty smell. The yellow oil was minimal.

2. Peru, Tarapoto. .24g of some crystals that formed as a flat spoked formation common when the solvent is evaporated under heavy fan or too big of a surface area. There was also a bit more yellow oil, that probably made up 25% of the yield.

3. Columbia, Putumayo. .1g of the exact same crystal formation as #2 (probably because they were evaporated under the same conditions and in the same containers. Also had a bit more oil than #1 but not as much as #2.

So there you have it. I understand not every vendor makes this type of information known but nows the time to start asking those questions and making it known we want the most information possible about what we are purchasing. As you can see we can probably make the conclusion that Diplopterys cabrerana from Peru is going to be more potent than Columbia. And apparently Loreto is the place to get from if possible. Ask your vendor where exactly they get from and make an informed decision.

Most people might look at these yields and question, as many people know this leaf is stronger than Mimosa but it's not because of the DMT but other alkaloids present. These yields are pretty much on par with what I've seen before and read from other places, but there are other alkaloids that make these extracts stronger than "normal" pure DMT. It is either or something else but I've felt it myself and it is both powerful and scary.

Now bioassay information to come, the person in correspondence says they are looking to see which extract possesses that "different" quality he has felt in Chaliponga extracts in the past. He's never done 5-MeO-DMT in pure form before but based on everything he's read he'd say that's what it felt like. Update to come.. And maybe some pretty pictures too
;)

-GC

Follow Up Bioassay

Bioassay of the nice looking shards derived from the plant matter sourced in Loreto, Peru.

~10mg was placed into a one hitter with a small amount of cannabis. ~30mg of very pure Mimosa DMT was smoked about 30-40mins prior to this so some tolerance was expected. The reason for such a small dose was fear from prior experiences with Chaliponga derived DMT. Shit can get scary in a nut shell lol.

The hit went down smooth and within seconds, as usual, it came on. Hard to remember all the details as usual with a DMT experience that has happened longer than 24hours ago (it fades like a dream) but here's what I do remember.

First I was watching the typical DMT fractals build behind closed eyes only instead of the rainbow of colors normally seen, it was all greens, blues, purples and blacks, darker colors. The fractals looked almost like bones spinning amongst each other. It all felt very tribal and ancient, unlike my experiences with other DMT containing plants. (To be fair this is the only one that has a long history of use as well.) I was then told this is the water spirit, and saw what looked like a droplet hitting water. Then I was told that the reason my last experience with Chali dmt was so rough was because that my heart was not pure at the time. (May be true.)

I was then shown some of the ways I've been a little lax lately when it comes to my interactions with others and that I needed to be a little safer with who I talk to and what I do.

And it's hard to remember if this happened during this experience or the one just before with the Mimosa DMT. But I had a moment where I saw/felt/thought my relationships with everyone in my life and simultaneously I was hit with how I could better each one, things to say, things to do. It all made perfect sense and my brain was able to hold this information, but only for about 30 seconds. And just as it came, it left. I sat for a moment trying to recall the information but it was an attempt in vain. It was frustrating actually and I vowed next time I smoke DMT I am going to have a pen and paper in front of me incase I have even the slightest chance at recording this supposedly godly information to see if it holds any merit in reality.

All of this off 10mg.. I always knew Chali deems was strong but my god this only presses home that fact. I don't think I've ever smoked more than 15mg of Chali, although I wouldn't call the above a breakthrough. I'd say a breakthrough dose would be in the 25-30mg range for me and a bit more for others. (Less on times where vaporization goes well.)

I'll be back as I test out the others. I have a newfound respect for this stuff, it clearly has a feel to it that is different and possibly more "wise" than the relatively new usage of plants like Acacia and Mimosa.

EDIT- Forgot to mention too that this trip was VERY euphoric, like much more so than normal. It felt as if I was being rewarded if that makes sense, I had the feeling of that at least. And the music I was listening to was causing orgasm like sensations in my ears, so intensely to the point that I had to take them off. I get these same sensations sometimes when I'm good and high on opiates and cannabis. Very interesting experience off such a small amount.

-GC