• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Alcohol Company has a leading role in alcohol's effects?

talkin2myself

Bluelighter
I mean I'm not even feel anything good when I drink alone. I just get dizzy, then I go sleep. But when there's good people around I literally feel like I am the man, and enjoy alcohol's effects a lot more.

How is that possible? I mean a substance is a substance, right? I consume etanol both times.

Set and setting. Your brains chemicals are acting differently when your friends are around, verses your by your self, possibly a little depressed. I have drank in certain places and it has got me buzzed, did the same thing other situations and got blitzed. There is more to it than that, but I feel that is the easiest way to describe it. I hope that makes some sense.

Ya speed King is right , set and setting play a big role in these situations. I myself used to prefer to do opiates with a friend because at first it would make it more fun being high talking to friends. But later on when I became dependent on them it was a burden to have someone join cause they would ask for some

more psychological than anything when it comes to booze
yes as others have stated more of a mood and setting
and yes i feel the same way when i drink with people ...not exactly james bond smooth but it feels good

i can do fine with either situation drinking alone or with people
if youre not much of an introvert booze can be kinda depressing when drinking alone
like me i am a introvert i actually enjoy drinking alone and puts my ass to sleep

i actually hate drinking with people at times because they dont call it loud mouth soup or liquid courage for nothing
to many people dont know how to behave

im currently putting a game plan together to quit drinking
booze is fun dont get me wrong but now for me... it isnt worth drinking just because anymore or consistently
unless during a social event

more psychological than anything when it comes to booze
yes as others have stated more of a mood and setting
and yes i feel the same way when i drink with people ...not exactly james bond smooth but it feels good

i can do fine with either situation drinking alone or with people
if youre not much of an introvert booze can be kinda depressing when drinking alone
like me i am a introvert i actually enjoy drinking alone and puts my ass to sleep

i actually hate drinking with people at times because they dont call it loud mouth soup or liquid courage for nothing
to many people dont know how to behave

im currently putting a game plan together to quit drinking
booze is fun dont get me wrong but now for me... it isnt worth drinking just because anymore or consistently
unless during a social event

Actually I feel what you're sayin. Sometimes you gotta take a break with booze. I mean they always compare alcohol to marijuana, but I think it would be more realistic to compare them like alcohol vs amphetamines... They are in the same level at hardness.

Good luck to your plans, bro! :)