• LAVA Moderator: Mysterier

community service and that stupid virus

allone

Bluelighter
ok so i should have finished 50 hours community service 5 months ago but because of that stupid virus i was delayed way way too much and i have done zero. last 2 times in court i managed to convince the judge its because of the virus and its hard to do any work, but i have 2 week left and he said he wont tolerate it anymore.
so how do i fake it? ill just make fake note i did finish those shitty damn fucking 50 hours. its impossible to do them in 2 weeks now anyway. he wont let it go anymore.... i need fake notice, how easy it is to get one???

I am going to re-open this and move to LAVA

To the OP: dude, 2 weeks is plenty of time to do 50 hours of community service, if you're not working (sounds like you aren't, if you are, then yeah that'll be tough). Just do it, man, don't be lazy, it's not a big deal. Not doing it will not be even close to worth the penalties. It's 2 weeks of your life where you have to do some annoying shit pretty often, just suck it up, and do it. Then it'll be over and you won't have to worry. Faking community service is bound to get you in a lot of trouble, and it would be so easy for them to catch you, all they'd have to do is talk to whoever you supposedly did community service for. It's not worth trying to fake it and you still have time to do it.

fake letter will probably result in contempt, forgery and obstruction charges if you get a horny states attorney. don't do it.

The community service system requires the employers to submit a schedule with signed in and out times by the worker (you) and the manager, at least in my state. So just turning in a form is not enough. In my state there would be no way to get away with faking it. Just wanted to add that in case you think to try to risk it. You'll dig yourself a WAY deeper hole if you try. Again, just do the community service, at least you still have 2 weeks, could be worse, you could have 2 days. You can do 6 x 8 hours days, or 5 x 8 hour and 1 x 10 hour day, and be done. You can do it in 1 week.

its my addiction problems that stop me from doing even 2 hours of that crap. im basically high and drunk all night then feel sick all day and cannot move anywhere. i told em ill just go to rehab to be excused from this and i dunno if it will work but im seriously so deep into addiction, i cannot function at all. any of the addicts here will understand you cannot just quit for 2 weeks and work all day... its extreme!
how are they going to find out i faked it? ill pay money to someone and they will say they witnessed it. unless there are other witnesses they cannot prove otherwise. i just have to find reliable stable person willing to accept a bribe

See my last post, the manager of the place you work also turns in paperwork, not just you. You can't fake it.

Man I get addiction, but you're describing getting drunk/high all night and then feeling like shit... you can work while feeling like shit, I almost always was hung over as fuck when I worked 8 hour days at my community service. Just get up and do it, don't let yourself make excuses. If you don't do it, you're going to regret it because the system will fuck you over much worse than you already are. Just suck it up, or else you'll wish you had. You're capable of much more than you're giving yourself credit for. I mean no offense because I do understand your thought process... but because I understand and relate to your thought process, I can tell you, this is classic self-defeating thought process stuff. You CAN do it, you just want to convince yourself you can't. If you do this it will help you to be a stronger person in the future.

No. Do not make a fake note. That would be your worst choice. The judge will know. Going there and saying you did nothing is a better option.

Go now and get as many hours done as you can before court.

Perhaps since covid is getting worse you can do something with a lawyer and they will take $$$$ over community service.

Last edited:
Good point, if you do some hours before court, and then claim hardship and an extension of time, they might grant it to you, especially given the covid situation. Some hours will look better than none.

Whatever you do, do not try to fake it, you will get in so much more trouble than you're in now. It would be much better for you to show up and say you didn't do any. It would be even better if you do some before then, and your best (and totally doable) option is to just do it all and get it over with. You're gonna have to do it sometime

Let's calm down da water, speakin in nose. Mutaa, that's what mafia does they get u by ur neck mutaa nah. Listen, if you can get ur hands on a willing to do agency that can prove those hours but you don't even mention your country so, what you're trying to down right now it's beating water.

Good point, if you do some hours before court, and then claim hardship and an extension of time, they might grant it to you, especially given the covid situation. Some hours will look better than none.

Whatever you do, do not try to fake it, you will get in so much more trouble than you're in now. It would be much better for you to show up and say you didn't do any. It would be even better if you do some before then, and your best (and totally doable) option is to just do it all and get it over with. You're gonna have to do it sometime

i already had my lawyer excuse me for not being able to finish the hours because of covid last month so they gave me extension to this month. so.... i dunno now. i wasnt there last time and the lawyer said they werent pleased and were a bit angry, but maybe this time ill go personally myself and explain the situation. this is going to be 2nd extension though. BUT SERIOUSLY, covid DOES PLAY A HUGE ROLE! i checked like 8 places this week and all of them told me they do not accept community service because of that goddamn virus. one place said they had too many guys doing it so i have to wait. few places actually said they will support me in court by giving me a note i actually went and tried! so, we will see how well that goes...

That's good, it sounds like you're on the right track, good luck man!

ok so i was in court today. as usual, the most expensive lawyer i have ever had in my life yells at me to be on time AND to be at least half way done with the community service by the time im there but i only had 7 hours to show for. which she yelled at me for, wtf!? she HAS ZERO IDEA OF THE SITUATION it seems to me. or she is just a bitch lawyer from hell!!!
So I go there and she meets me before entering the room and says to me "this is the worst judge we could have gotten in the whole court we might have problems" already fucking stressing me out!!! THEN, i proceed and this judge happens to be the nicest fucking guy i ever met in my life! he was like "boy why are you even doing community service in a time such as this??" and my lawyer goes "BECAUSE HE HAS TO!" and the whole time he is like trying to figure out whats the point doing this during the virus thing and she is like "WELL i made a deal with the prosecuters and he should be done soon" then he is like "well, thats fine but ill give you 4 more months"
So we go out of the room and she yells at me "look go do your community service as soon as possible RIGHT NOW get it done so we can finish this case". im like wtf is wrong with this bitch!? she keeps harassing me for money too!!! i was short 100 dollars she goes nuts. starts shaking when she sees the money i give her too, like a crackhead.
I HAVE NOT HAD SUCH A SHITTY LAWYER IN MY LIFE! AND SHE IS THE MOST EXPENSIVE BITCH I HAVE HAD. 8000 DOLLARS AND PLUS SO FAR. AND I THINK SHE IS AGAINST ME AND THE JUDGES ARE WITH ME, WTF!?!?!?!

i probably shouldnt say this on here, but i wish i can drive over her and take my money back