• 🇳🇿 🇲🇲 🇯🇵 🇨🇳 🇦🇺 🇦🇶 🇮🇳
    Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

Commonwealth Games

Man, talk about stuff ups... how many teams dropped the baton in all the relays!

katmeow said:
w00t... go Miao Miao =D

Watching the athletics last night... there were a few people who didn't show up for medal presentations, including a gold medalist. Seems kinda rude!

everyone that wasnt there for a medal was because their event was on the day before and they left to go home, one to se his mum is hopsital. they get presented with an informal ceremony before they go, i know because i have to wait til its over until i get to go bloody home.
highlights and good and bad moments for me being at the aths everday (its beren absolutely amazing)

*the womens marathon finish, the eruption of the crowd was unbelievable
*motram kicking ass and almost beating the kenyan, and then being tripped up in the 1500m, but an athlete actually stopping his own race to make sure he was okay and got back up - what sportsmanship!
*the english team winning gold in the 4x400m and then getting it taken off them, in the most horrendous of disqualifications
*getting to see asafa powell run, even tho he should have been dq for running out of his lane in the heat
*wathcing both our pole vaulters set new games records
*the tension in the high jumps, athletes being timed out and the canadian walking off the field
*the EAD (elite atheletes with a disabilty) running the 100m, it was amazing!
*scott martin throwing a massive 63m in the discus on his last throw
*jamaca winning so many goddamn medals and kenyans dominating the long races...
*getting to meet the new zealander that won the 1500m

ahhh. its been an awesome 2 weeks.
closing ceremony tommorrow. fingers crossed i get to meet bodyrockers!

very cool experiences kryal!
thanks also for the explanations involved...methinks you explain more than the main sporting channels!
:D

the english have proven we are the hardest cunts in the commonwealth.

five golds in boxing. pull your socks up you soft colonial bastards.

=D
when you guys can run faster enough to catch em, jump higher enough to get em and pass the baton properly...ooops bad example given today, let me think of another.....ahhhh....swim quicker then maybe we will finally be caught and you can box our brains out!!
=D
ok the americans might catch most of our teams in the Olympics but at least it's a good practice sess for all our athletes!!!
;)

i didnt get to meet bodyrockers.
instead i saw stupid casey donovan. well i couldnt miss her. not to be offensive but that girl is huge!
i got to meet andrew gaze tho which was unbelievabily awesome, and saw all the athletes coming out of the stadium into the basement of the g last night. some scottish athlete tried to convince me to switch shirts with him so he could have my host broadcaster blue one and i was supposed to have his sweaty scottish team one. i declined, as i didnt really want to go out that night in an oversized tshirt smelling of b-o. but one of the other chicks happily did it.
and also saw a new zealand athlete i dont know who he was but he came up to me after the closing ceremony and hugged me, all sweaty and grinding his teeth claiming he loved me. i just laughed and said, "so you got some good pills?" and he was like "shhhh! you will give the game away". funny as.

I think that all those people that volunteered are going to have the worst withdrawals ever. From what I could see, it seemed like most of the volunteers were either losers with nothing better to do with their time, or retirees (sorry to any volunteers reading this - remember I said most not all :) ). Then for two weeks they are transported to this magical happy place where everybody loves them and respects them. Now that the games are over, they have to go back to their Joe Shmo lives, with no respect or love from anybody. It's going to be a massive comedown. Poor buggers.

kryalkastleE, well done! Sounds like fun. I would have loved to be there. :)

And I'm sure you're not a loser....(???)

fronky said:
I think that all those people that volunteered are going to have the worst withdrawals ever. From what I could see, it seemed like most of the volunteers were either losers with nothing better to do with their time, or retirees (sorry to any volunteers reading this - remember I said most not all :) ). Then for two weeks they are transported to this magical happy place where everybody loves them and respects them. Now that the games are over, they have to go back to their Joe Shmo lives, with no respect or love from anybody. It's going to be a massive comedown. Poor buggers.
Seriously, what was the point of posting that? What, the cynicism quotient in this thread wasn't high enough?

Fuck me, that is the most loserest thing ever to say. You win gold. 8(

chopped_chimp said:
kryalkastleE, well done! Sounds like fun. I would have loved to be there. :)

And I'm sure you're not a loser....(???)

well i didnt volunteer. i was doing a paid job for television. and even if i was volunteering i dont think that qualifies to be a "loser" fronky.
i think they did a great job.