Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

Commonwealth Games

Originally posted by joannie_mhm
You Melbournites shouldn't whinge- at least you got a public holiday out of it

We have labour day on the second monday of March every year.....was just a coincidence that it happened the same week as the games began.

Unless there's a public holiday nobody's telling me about!

i was about as impressed with the opening ceremony as prince phillip was...

well i was at the mcg working at the opening ceremony, and i thought it was all a crock of shit too. until the aussies came out. there was this massive buzz of excitement and proudness throughout about 80,000 people. it was amazing.
but im working at the mcg for the length of the games for the host broadcaster doing stuff in commentary control. its fun :) and i get to see all the athletics.

Oh is this thing on soon?

I knew it was getting close but for some reason I thought it was gunna be on in April.

When does it start?

joannie_mhm said:
You Melbournites shouldn't whinge- at least you got a public holiday out of it :p

No we didn't.

That was Labour Day.

We always have it.

Ha, that's really funny how there's a day called Labor day, and nobody works on it... :\

Plus, I have to say, for all my bitching about how bad the traffic was going to be... It was a breeze... I decided to brave the roads cos it was raining this morning and it was the quickest trip I've had to work in ages!! I think everyone is avoiding the roads so much that it is quieter than a normal day!!

Hopefully no-one else works it out!!

^^ Hehehee.

Does anyone have a tape of the opening ceremony? I'm going to be tripping on the weekend and I think it'd make more sense if I watch it while fried.

Ta. :)

swifty said:
Ha, that's really funny how there's a day called Labor day, and nobody works on it... :\

once apon a time i thought the labour day holiday was only for labourers

One of the few times i am happy to be wrong

iamtha1 said:
I'm working at the Exhibition Centre, so I get to help out/watch all the Badminton, Boxing and Weight-lifting.

I too are working at the games.

Only I get to work in Lilydale at the shooting. Yipppeee! 8)

Oh well, at least I get paid.

^^ O RLY?

That sucks. Wait a minute... Lost is on Channel 7, the Games are on 9 aren't they? So how does that work?

Stupid ratings crap. I missed Prison Break last night too.

However, NZ got it's first gold, sweet!

Go Mossy.

commonwelath games are on from 16th march til the 26th for whoever asked (mazdan i think)

swifty said:

I thought labour day was somethin to do with celebrating pregnant women.

Oh and Channel Seven can suck my balls.............how dare they take Lost off..........They are forcing us to watch that Comm games crap.

That tram with wings was pure GOLD!

I love a city that's not afraid to take the piss out of itself :D

0,10114,5124311,00.jpg

lostpunk5545 said:
I swear during the Sydney Olympics they stooped low enough as to actually paying bums to stay away form the areas of the city tourists would end up in.

Yeah.. they actually just did this with the Commonwealth Games as well.. so messed up.. :\

i like playing and watching sport but i have no interest in the commonwealth games largely because you don't get to see the best of the best compete in most sports. and also to be honest, i can't believe they still exist.

^^^Yeah I like that there's artsy stuff about....there's an interesting exhibition down at docklands which is like an interactive maze of shipping containers...and I'm going to St Kilda on Sunday to check out the luminarium too.. :)

On another note, I've been looking for hot roaming athletes/tourists, do you reckon there are any?? ffs!!