Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

Commonwealth Games

katmeow

Bluelight Crew
So, the commonwealth games are upon us...

I'll probably watch the swimming, but I'm not even hugely excited about that. I really used to look forward to big sporting events when I was younger, but since the 2000 Olympics (at which I worked and had an awesome time), I've not really had much enthusiasm for any of the subsequent games.

So, is anyone going to any events? Do you actually care, or is it just a bother for those of you living in Melbourne?

i had no idea they were even on until i heard the radio this afternoon

I was going to be in the women's gymnastics again this year, alas the old hamstring injury has flared up again and I wouldnt pass the drug test anyway.

preacha said:
i had no idea they were even on until i heard the radio this afternoon

Oh really? Yeah the promotion has been pretty lax, especially in melbourne ;) .

I dislike the Commonwealth Games as much as the next person, but I saw the end of the opening ceremony with Delta and all the fireworks and I was pretty impressed, it was quite spectacular.

I reeeaally can't wait till they are over, though. I work at one of the venues and it's going to be very annoying for the next couple of weeks.

I don't even know what sports are in the Commonwealth Games. It reminds me of a high school sports carnival in that there's only about three people who give a shit.

Hmm, commonwealth games for countries that are too shit at the olympics to make themselves feel better...

I'm not into it....

i found out tonight that there are crazy cheap boxing tickets available! i'm excited :D

I only care because my trams drives past the village, the hockey/netball courts and my other preferred tram already has a fuckload of people that don't fit on in peak time.
assholes :|

Yeah, I only care because Beach Road is closed and I like to use it for driving along :\

I'm sick of people dissing the games!

I enjoy watching hundreds of people from all over the world performing at their best and in a lot of cases the best in the world! How does that not impress you??? Can't you take enjoyment out of supporting your country and witnessing awesome personal feats in order to complete life long goals???

It's like people don't give a f*#% about anything anymore! As long as you're doing your own boring shit you couldn't care less if the world blew up around you!

Craig Stevens, if you read this, GOOD LUCK!

Grrrrr.

^ I think the problem is people just don't see the point of them. Australia isn't really a 'proud' member of the Commonwealth and surely it doesn't mean as much to the athletes as the Olympics because you're not really competing against the best.

Don't get my wrong, I actually watch and love a lot of sport but I just can't find any reason to be interested in it.

The best thing about the commonwealth games is the fact fox8 has a simpsons marathon.

I was going to add "in my opinion" but you all know its true :)

I care that channel 9 is covering it so I can still watch Family Guy and American Dad tonight. That's about it...

And it bothers me that the queen is in the country. Fuck off slag, back to a country where they still make an effort at not denying the fact that your family is fucking useless and is only rich because of plundered spoils that the people should take back.

It's giving me the shits cos the athletes village is between my house and my work, so my plan has been to walk to work each day (it only takes about 45 mins) but this causes problems cos we are short staffed so yesterday I had to work back and then ended up having to work back late and the walk home is along a creek and I don't like doing it after dark.

And it sounds like it is raining this morning.

:(

Shit the way you guys are going on about it you'd think that a bunch of squatters had moved into your house and were trashing the place. Ok so the traffic might be a bit crap atm, same with the transport...

It is only for 2 weeks! =D

I don't really care about them too much either way, I don't make an effort to watch them, and because i live in Sydney it doesn't really affect me transport-wise...

If it were in Sydney i might have something to say about it, although knowing State Transit it would most likely make that transport network MORE effective, not less... ;)

The Commonwealth games is like the space program.

A waste of tax payer's money.

There is more important shit going on.

Nuff said

Cosmic Mist said:
If it were in Sydney i might have something to say about it, although knowing State Transit it would most likely make that transport network MORE effective, not less... ;)

In Sydney during the Olympics the trains were perfect, seriously - trains every few minutes 24/7, clean trains + happy cheery city rail staff. I wish it was like that all the time. Sadly it finished very soon after the games. The weekend after, a friend and I were racing up the stairs at Circular Quay, yelling for them to wait for us. We got to the top of the stairs and the guard looked us straight in the eye before giving the all clear for the doors to shut in our faces.

Fucking shitty rail ;)

I swear during the Sydney Olympics they stooped low enough as to actually paying bums to stay away form the areas of the city tourists would end up in.