Coming off Thyroid

Swim15

Bluelighter
So this is something I haven’t particularly wanted to tackle as I’ve been using some form of thyroid, T3 or T4, for about 5 years now. For the past 2 years or so it’s been almost exclusively T4.

I’ve found mixed info and will admit this isn’t my area of expertise as far as making the transition less painless.

Has anyone found anything that makes dropping the T4 easier? I’ve seen mixed info that tapering T4 will result in a slow restoration of thyroid but wanted some thoughts.

Personally I'd just drop it all together. In my earlier ped days I ran T3 for like a year straight. Just came off entirely and felt a little slow/sluggish for a week and was fine.

Yeah I’ve tried once or twice before and had poor mental tenacity admittedly.

Wasn’t sure if tapering may help or not since I typically go cold turkey with things but that’s what I’ll likely do.

Yeah I’ve tried once or twice before and had poor mental tenacity admittedly.

Wasn’t sure if tapering may help or not since I typically go cold turkey with things but that’s what I’ll likely do.

Thyroid is meant to upregulate pretty quickly, make sure diet contains essentials for optimum thyroid function, selenium, iodine etc..

Thyroid is meant to upregulate pretty quickly, make sure diet contains essentials for optimum thyroid function, selenium, iodine etc..

Okay that was my understanding as well. I’ve never been that diligent for one reason or another about coming off but I’ve been fighting enough stuff with my body this last year that I’m basically coming off damn near everything.

Gonna find out what all my new baselines are and if I need to fix anything after that.