• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Bupe coming off subs / switching to short acting opiate?

bmf666

Bluelighter
getting ready to get off subs and have tapered down to 1.5mg/day. i've heard w/d's last forever but i only have a week off of work and wondering if id be better off using a short acting opiate for 2 weeks then coming off so the withdrawals wont last as long. i have a bunch of oc40's that i could use. also has anyone used gabapentin for suboxon w/d's? i plan on grabbing some stuff to help and heard that might be good. thanks

I mean the Oxy withdrawal will deff be shorter only like 4-5 days acute with lingering symptoms while Bupe is like two weeks but less intense. Thing is you need to use as little oxy each day as possible so you dont jack up tolerance and make matters worse. But if your plan is to be opiate free then the Oxy could be an escape route...

Bupe withdrawals are definitely painful and prolonged. Not quite as bad as methadone but up there. 1.5mg is not a lot but enough to still have unpleasant withdrawals. I suggest you continue to taper to 0.25-0;5mg or so. Getting off that actually isn't that bad. It's tolerable. Gabapentin could help. You can even go lower on the bupe than that. To get tiny doses of bupe you can dissolve the pills/strips in alcohol, measure an appropriate dose, and hold the alcohol/bupe solution under your tongue instead of the pill/strip. It's a bit tricky but it works.

Switching to oxycodone when you have the option of a full bupe taper is questionable. Yes, withdrawals would be not as prolonged but you would probably wind up on more morphine equivalents than you were on the bupe which is it's own issue. If you switch to oxy the best advice would be to taper to a lower dose of bupe anyway and then way 36 or so hours so the oxy is not wasted when you switch over. But then, why not sweat it out and get off bupe entirely?

What's the endgame? Going back to recreational opiate use (as is suggested by having a bunch of oxy's on hand) or getting off opiates? Advice would be different depending on which.

actually once i'm off the goals to be done for good, actually after reading that think i'm going to take you're advice and taper down more. the oxy route although fun while i'm on has its own problems and not worth it. i got 30 xanax, 30 valium and 30 ambian for the bupe withdrawal and going to grab some kratom and gabapentin and just get it over with. i'll have 9 days off work so i should be past the worst of it by the time i have to go back. thanks

What’s the going price for gabapentin? Got someone that has them for $6 for 600mg no idea if that’s a good deal or not. Also did you do them both together or alternate days?

I've gone off subs by going to heroin then to codeine, tramadol and then kratom.
By far the easiest WD's I've had, at least compared to jumping subs.

tbh i think this is a really bad idea- you are presumably on subs cos you couldn't control your intake of opiates. taking an addictive opiate at this point is unlikely to be helpful and could set you back to step one.

1.5 is quite high to be jumping off, most people get down to 0.25, why the rush? you stand a much better chance if you taper as low as possible before jumping. recovery is a marathon, not a sprint.

Yeah ur right, opiates probably is asking for trouble and I’m trying to get past all this crap. I’m taking it twice a day now and some reason having trouble getting to once a day. The plans to be off by may, I’ll taper down some more then. I figured 1.5 was pretty low considering I was so much higher but bup’s deceiving

Don't try and jump at 1.5mg it's not gonna be fun. Even tho it seems small that's still quite a sizable dose. One of my buds tried jumping at .75mg and he said that was pretty rough. Ended up going back on and slowly working his way down to 0.1mg over about 2 months. If you get down to that level some benzos and weed is all you'll need

I agree with those who said this is a bad idea, and it should be obvious why. I would suggest you keep tapering down with bupe, you can go down to the point where you are practically only licking it.