• TDS Moderators: AlphaMethylPhenyl | Eligiu | deficiT

Mental Health Coming Off Invega Sustenna (Paliperidone) v4

Status
Not open for further replies.
hey all, havnt been on here in a long time, so my situation is that i recently got put on a CTO, and im taking an antipsychotic injection once every 3 weeks, i want to know what ppls experiences are with CTO. After your done the 6 month CTO, is that finally the end or are they just going to try to extend it. I kind of just want to do the 6 months and be finally done with it.

hey all, havnt been on here in a long time, so my situation is that i recently got put on a CTO, and im taking an antipsychotic injection once every 3 weeks, i want to know what ppls experiences are with CTO. After your done the 6 month CTO, is that finally the end or are they just going to try to extend it. I kind of just want to do the 6 months and be finally done with it.
They'll probably review you at 6 months but they'd have to go back to the courts to extend the CTO. In my case after 6 months it just ended and they didn't take me back to court. However my case manager still keeps in contact with me until I'm 100% which is nice.

Okay guys, I've seen people talking about spirituality on here, which is good..It's time to wake up from the Matrix..They've been lying to you about damn near everything for your entire lives..

The people who really run things, what you might call the 'Illuminati/New World Order/Deep State'..it is not a conspiracy theory anymore at this point, it is a conspiracy fact..

This is a spiritual war, make no mistake about that..There are astral entities, spirits and stuff that are out there, many of them negative. Alot of the voices that 'schizophrenics' hear are them..Here former clinical psychologist Jerry Marzinski who worked for years in state hospitals and prisons alongside psychiatrists talks about how he found out about what was really going on..

Has anyone successfully stopped the injection cold turkey? Is it dangerous to do this?
It is really unadvisable to just suddenly stop taking ANY antipsychotic meds because they can have some pretty hectic withdrawal symptoms, and you have a high risk of your psychotic symptoms returning pretty quickly. This would apply to suddenly stopping Invega as well.
Can you talk to your doctor or psychiatrist about this before doing anything?

It depends on your history and why you were put on the CTO. If there were issues with compliance, they could extend it but they will be looking specifically at risk. If there is any risk - like a history of suicidal thinking and behaviour, or of violence towards others, they are more likely to extend it. If there was any violence towards others, it's harder to get off a CTO - you will probably need to keep appealing. It helps to have a family member on your side. If there is no risk of violence, they will probably take you off it within the first year. Maybe at six months, I don't know.

The oral dose isn't bad, honestly. I prefer Rexulti, though. Rexulti seems to be far less mind-numbing and possibly even safer.

Honestly, on Invega pills, my spiritual energy was reduced significantly. On Rexulti, I get to keep the majority of my energy and it still functions as a pretty effective anti-psychotic.
I lost some of my spiritual energy too off of antipsychotics in general. I miss it. I still have some spiritual experiences, for example pulling out a dollar bill that says happy birthday on it on my birthday, but I don't feel connected to it because I'm still on an AP. Definitely feel better on this AP compared to other one's, but I'm still not back to how I was. How long have you been on APs? If I remember correctly you've been on them for a while. And how long until you get off of them, or are you stuck under commitment?

Last edited:
Why hasn’t there been anybody that has came off invega successfully say anything? What is the meaning of this? I’ve been off a year and I am still fucked up, this is some real mystery shit lol

Why hasn’t there been anybody that has came off invega successfully say anything? What is the meaning of this? I’ve been off a year and I am still fucked up, this is some real mystery shit lol
You musn't be paying attention. I just made a post report about my recovery and if you go back there's lots of people who talk about recovery. I don't know what you're loling about you must not feel too bad because there's a lot of people on here who are suicidal from the torture of this withdrawal and there's nothing funny about it. I remember I couldn't even joke about it when I was at my worst

In terms of your question. How much did you have and when did you stop exactly?

Please have a good read through this thread, and most importantly don't give up hope!! There have been numerous success stories posted in here <3

I feel so blocked. I’m three months out and I can cry a few tears.

Me and my mother are close and I broke her with my suicidality. It’s the worst thing to witness my mom so desperate. I can’t believe this happened to me and my mom. I feel so bad for her that her son is struggling so much.

I don’t know what happened. The first three months I was still hopeful. Actually the first month I received the injection I did have psychotic thoughts.. I blame it on receiving the injection that it made me even more delusional

However after a month I’d watch movies and listen to music as well.
But something changed. I started to research more about this drug and found this thread and became preoccupied with it and I don’t know. Suddenly I just felt like I wouldn’t get better, ever feel like my old self. Or that progress is still so long.

I am still waking up each night. Does it go away? Can people sleep for 8hs in one run again?

I feel so bad for my mom and I think she deserves me trying to recover. But I don’t know what to expect at all. I’m basically waiting for the magic of life to return but it doesn’t. I’m really afraid of this drug and what it does to a human’s spirit because I have never felt so void in thought and feelings. It is so scary to lose one’s initiative and drive and to be aware of it.

On the positive side, writing this post and sitting in the sun seems like an ok activity. And I do feel so bad for my mom that I got this way.
All I want is some hope that I can enjoy my life again.

This is so unbelievably rough. I don’t want to witness my mom crying so badly for me. She doesn’t deserve this.

I just seemingly can’t return to my old life. I used to be such a nerd interested in so many little things. Now the interest and the enjoyment and the “good” feeling it’s gone away.

I don’t want to upset other people with this post. I know I’m only 3 months out but it’s feeling like a really long time and the days are long. Well writing this did seem to help if only for a tiny bit.

All i want is a success or recovery story that people get their interests and their feelings of harmony back.

Me and my mother are close and I broke her with my suicidality. It’s the worst thing to witness my mom so desperate. I can’t believe this happened to me and my mom. I feel so bad for her that her son is struggling so much.

I don’t know what happened. The first three months I was still hopeful. Actually the first month I received the injection I did have psychotic thoughts.. I blame it on receiving the injection that it made me even more delusional

But something changed. I started to research more about this drug and found this thread and became preoccupied with it and I don’t know. Suddenly I just felt like I wouldn’t get better, ever feel like my old self. Or that progress is still so long.

I am still waking up each night. Does it go away? Can people sleep for 8hs in one run again?

I feel so bad for my mom and I think she deserves me trying to recover. But I don’t know what to expect at all. I’m basically waiting for the magic of life to return but it doesn’t. I’m really afraid of this drug and what it does to a human’s spirit because I have never felt so void in thought and feelings. It is so scary to lose one’s initiative and drive and to be aware of it.

On the positive side, writing this post and sitting in the sun seems like an ok activity. And I do feel so bad for my mom that I got this way.

This is so unbelievably rough. I don’t want to witness my mom crying so badly for me. She doesn’t deserve this.

I just seemingly can’t return to my old life. I used to be such a nerd interested in so many little things. Now the interest and the enjoyment and the “good” feeling it’s gone away.

I don’t want to upset other people with this post. I know I’m only 3 months out but it’s feeling like a really long time and the days are long. Well writing this did seem to help if only for a tiny bit.

All i want is a success or recovery story that people get their interests and their feelings of harmony back.
Hi. I can really relate to your post. I am really close with mom also. But we were not in contact for 2 years or so, because i was just getting wasted on beer all the time, usually smoking weed while at it. It breaks my heart to see her cry. Never mind me. I have been injected with invega for, dunno, 5 years? Risperidone before that... I have been beaten down to the ground. I have deliberately let a bus run over me. I have taken big overdoses on purpose. It does not matter, because i do not matter. What matters is, if i do stupid stuff, then i only hurt myself. Not others.

So... i think i have been 3 months without invega now. Crying is there, but it has been there every single day for as long as i can remember. I sleep 3 or 4 hours per night. No naps. Look, i want to say this, about this uh... peer support thing. MANY people say that it is wonderful that they are not the only ones. Whatever the issue, depression. Anxiety. Substance abuse. I swear i want to be the only one... who feels like this, which is pretty much nothing or sadness or anxiety or fatigue. But since i have found this forum and this thread, i am going to study this as much as i can and help others as much as i can.
(Post edited due to a missing word)

I lost some of my spiritual energy too off of antipsychotics in general. I miss it. I still have some spiritual experiences, for example pulling out a dollar bill that says happy birthday on it on my birthday, but I don't feel connected to it because I'm still on an AP. Definitely feel better on this AP compared to other one's, but I'm still not back to how I was. How long have you been on APs? If I remember correctly you've been on them for a while. And how long until you get off of them, or are you stuck under commitment?
I can't really answer that. I've been off of long-acting antipsychotics for a while now (over 6 years off Invega Sustenna and almost 2 years off Vraylar). I plan on going off AP's altogether, but the timing for it just sucks right now. I'm waiting for a clear indication that I won't need them, which is pretty much what the long-acting ones have been preventing.

You musn't be paying attention. I just made a post report about my recovery and if you go back there's lots of people who talk about recovery. I don't know what you're loling about you must not feel too bad because there's a lot of people on here who are suicidal from the torture of this withdrawal and there's nothing funny about it. I remember I couldn't even joke about it when I was at my worst

In terms of your question. How much did you have and when did you stop exactly?
sorry, ive been off since may 20th 2020 and I took 350 mg

I also feel less spiritual. I'm hoping that when I come off the drug, I'll feel better. But before I started APs, I was so spiritual that I thought I was psychic. I was extremely emotionally sensitive but my psychic ability was often just my imagination, but not always... I miss it though, even if it was just my imagination. I would often light a circle of candles and put a blanket inside the circle to sit on and meditate or talk to Spirit. I would also light candles just to listen to music. I haven't done either of those things since I've been on APs. I do still listen to music though, especially when I'm walking, but my intuition - my inner voice, isn't really there anymore. I'll be coming off the injection soon and I know that I will feel much better. I look forward to having my emotional intensity back. And to cleaning my house because since my motivation has been low, I haven't been cleaning as much. I intend to do a deep clean of everything as I recover.

Last edited:
sorry, ive been off since may 20th 2020 and I took 350 mg
If you haven't taken AP's in pill form since then you should have the drug completely out of your body by now. I just put your dosage and time of stopping into a half life calculator and it says you shouldn't have any left in your system.

Hello LostVirgo,

I am just over 7 months into recovery and I feel better for the most part. The thing that really does me at the moment is that I still can't get high or drunk. But in terms of my emotions and stuff, I feel pretty decent. You gotta give it time most people recover between 6-12 months. It's an absolutely torturous time but you just gotta ride out the pain. Feel free to ask me any more questions

If you haven't taken AP's in pill form since then you should have the drug completely out of your body by now. I just put your dosage and time of stopping into a half life calculator and it says you shouldn't have any left in your system.
oh wow, thank you for the optimism, im losing the weight, but im just more concerned with the sleeping more than anything else

Status
Not open for further replies.