• TDS Moderators: AlphaMethylPhenyl | Eligiu | deficiT

Mental Health Coming Off Invega Sustenna (Paliperidone) v4

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm 5 months off and only facing anhedonia and lack of emotions. Anyone think it's from substance abuse or the invega. Before Invega I had emotions but i was always high and abused cannabis smoking heavily pretty much couldnt enjoy anything without being high. So my question is you think the lack of emotions and anhedonia could be from using meth and abusing cannabis because I'm pretty much a normal person now before. I just like the passion for things like before. Just want a second opinion on the forum because most of you are really smart and know a lot about mental health
Meth in particular (and other substances too, but especially meth) really messes with the "reward pathway" in your brain, the system that uses dopamine to make you feel happy and satisfied when you experience something good. Meth pretty much burns it out, so that you can't feel happy and rewarded from anything naturally (i.e. anhedonia). No doubt the Invega has had an effect as well. It can take a very long time for this part of the brain to recover after drug abuse, and unfortunately there's no real way to predict how long it takes from one case to the next. You just have to wait and see. But the good news is that as long as you stay healthy and stay clean off meth and other hard drugs, the anhedonia should gradually start to go away.

Yes I recovered from everything, the anhedonia isn't permanent but it stays there for like 8-9 months on the sustenna.
I'm in Italy and the paliperidone injection that I took is made from a different company ,will I still recover from anhedonia?

I'm sorry for all of you struggling on this drug. But I still believe full recovery is possible for everyone. Our brains are neuroplastic and known to recover from the greatest trauma. I really wish more money was spent on psychiatry and the research of new meds. I believe these anti psychotics are still in their testing stages but it's the best treatment we got so far. The invega especially is tough on the side effects and finding the right med is key for living a healthy life. I think the invega has similar side effects for everyone and I'd say it's definitely not the best the drug companies have produced. So I'd say find a different anti psychotic that works for your symptoms and isn't heavily on the side effects. Pick what side effects you want to deal with as every med will come with a side effect but some are more tolerable than others. It's about your preference.

I'm 5 months off and only facing anhedonia and lack of emotions. Anyone think it's from substance abuse or the invega. Before Invega I had emotions but i was always high and abused cannabis smoking heavily pretty much couldnt enjoy anything without being high. So my question is you think the lack of emotions and anhedonia could be from using meth and abusing cannabis because I'm pretty much a normal person now before. I just like the passion for things like before. Just want a second opinion on the forum because most of you are really smart and know a lot about mental health
I’ve heard that most rehab centers suggest a 4 month recovery period for hard drugs like meth, cocaine, etc.
Generally, meth takes about 1-3 weeks to be out of your system and an additional 3 months for the brain to return to normal.
On the other hand, Invega sustenna takes 10 months to leave the system, and even longer to recover from side effects.
So if you’re still experiencing severe anhedonia, I would think it is the Invega.
The good news is that it won’t last forever, I’ve been 11 months off Invega and just recently recovered from anhedonia and started enjoying basic activities, so hang in there and try to enjoy life the best you can!

Ho
I'm sorry for all of you struggling on this drug. But I still believe full recovery is possible for everyone. Our brains are neuroplastic and known to recover from the greatest trauma. I really wish more money was spent on psychiatry and the research of new meds. I believe these anti psychotics are still in their testing stages but it's the best treatment we got so far. The invega especially is tough on the side effects and finding the right med is key for living a healthy life. I think the invega has similar side effects for everyone and I'd say it's definitely not the best the drug companies have produced. So I'd say find a different anti psychotic that works for your symptoms and isn't heavily on the side effects. Pick what side effects you want to deal with as every med will come with a side effect but some are more tolerable than others. It's about your preference.
How was the feeling when u recovered from anhedonia?

When i had a psychotic break 2 years ago the first thing they gave me was Invega. To say it was awful was a major understatement. Not only where the sexual problems horrible and long lasting but i also had kidney pain and had to piss constantly. I also developed Akathisia from it as well which was awful. Combined with the mental cloud i was in my shrink took me off it and put me on Abilify instead which also caused some problems namely weight gain.

Now i am on Latuda instead and so far im not getting any side effects from it. Im not getting the godawful munchies i got with abilify either. I know Latuda get's a bad rep sometimes for Akathisia but at 40mg's a day im not getting it. Id honestly recomend anyone having problems with older anti-psychotics to give Latuda a try.
Did you gain weight from latuda? Are you able to lose weight?

It took me about 5 months after the medication completely left my system to go back into psychosis. I always told myself I’d know before I went into it, didn’t get help for awhile. Was put on Abilify, it fixed my episode, now I take Lithium religiously. It has helped me tremendously!
do you still take abilify? and u relapsed 5 months after ur invega shot or more?

Been having some really good days recently. I noticed yesterday that I pretty much forgot how everything felt. The sound of birds singing, the feel of a nice fresh breeze. Most people on here, their main concern is will I ever get drunk or high again. That's the least of my concerns. I want to feel what it's like to be alive again. To be aware of my surroundings and of myself. I've been dead for two years and I'm just starting to see a light at the end of the tunnel. Another month and a half it will be a year since I've had my last invega shot. I turn 30 today, and I never imagined my life turning out this way. The last ten years are examples of what not to do. Hopefully the next ten will be a lot smoother sailing.

Been having some really good days recently. I noticed yesterday that I pretty much forgot how everything felt. The sound of birds singing, the feel of a nice fresh breeze. Most people on here, their main concern is will I ever get drunk or high again. That's the least of my concerns. I want to feel what it's like to be alive again. To be aware of my surroundings and of myself. I've been dead for two years and I'm just starting to see a light at the end of the tunnel. Another month and a half it will be a year since I've had my last invega shot. I turn 30 today, and I never imagined my life turning out this way. The last ten years are examples of what not to do. Hopefully the next ten will be a lot smoother sailing.
A very happy 30th birthday to you :) I hope you have a great day and an excellent decade ahead <3

Working on strain breeding project, (Male) Purple bubba kush x Bubble Runtz. Gonna get you so fried I'm call the strain the invega 🤫😃. Also working with a gorilla glue #4 cut x southern lights and that strain gonna be called sammy sosa OG. If anyone wants seed hmu

Has anyone on here ( invega veterans) experienced complete weight loss after quitting the drug?
I’ve only managed to lose half the weight I gained and it’s been almost a year since I quit and I’m getting impatient.

Does anyone have experience with Vraylar?
my shrink said it’s weight neutral and doesn’t have too many side effects but I don’t trust him.
I always got the impression that Vraylar, Latuda and Rexulti were all the same. Seroquel is the sleepy one and Abilify is the slightly different one, but I think at the end of the day an AP will always be an AP. I don't think there are any weight-neutral AP's.

I always got the impression that Vraylar, Latuda and Rexulti were all the same. Seroquel is the sleepy one and Abilify is the slightly different one, but I think at the end of the day an AP will always be an AP. I don't think there are any weight-neutral AP's.

Abilify made me gain weight like a bitch. It was horrible. Hopefully Latuda will help me lose weight. If Latuda doesn't work im trying Asenapine.

Status
Not open for further replies.