• TDS Moderators: AlphaMethylPhenyl | Eligiu | deficiT

Mental Health Coming Off Invega Sustenna (Paliperidone) v4

Status
Not open for further replies.
Does anyone know why you can’t lose weight while on this drug?
you will lose weight after your recovery perhaps. i am 9 months off from invega and i have yet to lose the weight. remind you that i am on ablify for the time being only until end of this year.

Does anyone know why you can’t lose weight while on this drug?
Because the drug causes your prolactin levels to increase significantly which slows down metabolism, stores fats and makes you sleepy. All of this causes lack of energy and muscle in the long term.
You will lose some weight after you quit the drug as your body’s metabolism will return to normal, but not all of it since there’s less muscle in the body.

Because the drug causes your prolactin levels to increase significantly which slows down metabolism, stores fats and makes you sleepy. All of this causes lack of energy and muscle in the long term.
You will lose some weight after you quit the drug as your body’s metabolism will return to normal, but not all of it since there’s less muscle in the body.
I guess one would go to the gym and start weight training?

Nice to meet you. Good luck with actually talking to people in here. It's typically the same people harassing eachother about recovery and to the extent of repetition.
I had something similar of course a misdiagnosis and now i am a fkn' super mutant from the injections. Literally this stuff eats people alive. Glad you are out of the hairy situation. Mine has managaed to injure my legs and then my family tried to get me schizophrenically forced by diagnosis from prior quitting saying that it was back..etc now I'm stuck with system hash tags whenever hospitalized in the U/S.. absolute garbage how the healthcare has turned out.
What do you mean by supermuntant. What lasting effects do you have.

Yes, that’s what people from v1 and v2 did.
I effortlessly lost 15 pounds out of the 25 I gained because my metabolism naturally returned to normal.
But I have to work hard to lose the last 10 pounds.
I wish i was in that stage where i would lose weight but nothing seems to be happening. i am 9 months off from invega and i am currently on Aripiprazole. I think i have to be off all AP in order to see changes in weight loss.

To everyone that recovered after months of going off of Invega and relapsed:
How long after quitting did it take you to relapse (go in psychosis) ?
im curious as I have heard several similar stories of relapsing.
It took me about 5 months after the medication completely left my system to go back into psychosis. I always told myself I’d know before I went into it, didn’t get help for awhile. Was put on Abilify, it fixed my episode, now I take Lithium religiously. It has helped me tremendously!

I've changed my opinion about psych meds and invega. I've been on the injection for a few months now and I didn't even notice how it was affecting my intelligence, motivation, and energy. For me the only reason why I kept supporting the medicine was because it kept me away from psychosis. But definitely, the side effects are way too much.

I'm looking for new ways to control my delusions, I think I'll try CBT therapy or something else. Have any of you fixed your illness naturally?
Yes! Do research on Lithium Orotate. It prevents psychosis and benefits the horrible effects of my depression and anxiety. I didn’t realize how bad I was until I got on that. Also it increased my sexual functions which went down due to depression. Send me a PM if you’d like to know more. Lithium Carbonate is commonly prescribed for Bipoalr, although Orotate crosses the blood barrier much quicker at lower doses minimizing side effects. It is a savior.

Anybody recover from the anhedonia? How long did it take for it to return to normal? Can the anhedonia be permanent?

I eat like im anorexic and still don’t lose any weight on this medication and walk twice a day and ride my bike. This is beginning to become hopeless. I can’t wait to drop the dose down to 25mg in August.

I eat like im anorexic and still don’t lose any weight on this medication and walk twice a day and ride my bike. This is beginning to become hopeless. I can’t wait to drop the dose down to 25mg in August.
I was on 50mg and still feel like shit. I got my invega levels tested and it was 14.2, the therapeutic range is like 40-100. So I would imagine I have much less then what 25mg injection would give you but I still feel like shit with almost all the same side effects as March 5th when I had my last injection, though maybe with slightly less severity.

What I’m trying to say is that dropping it down to 25mg isn’t going to get the results you want. I know you are court ordered, are you in Canada? If so what province? Have you tried to get a review panel done to decertify you? What are the specific circumstances that led you to get hospitalized? If you tell me maybe we can see if there is a way for you not to take anymore injections as I can almost guarantee you don’t need it, we just need to make the review panel feel the same way.

I was on 50mg and still feel like shit. I got my invega levels tested and it was 14.2, the therapeutic range is like 40-100. So I would imagine I have much less then what 25mg injection would give you but I still feel like shit with almost all the same side effects as March 5th when I had my last injection, though maybe with slightly less severity.

What I’m trying to say is that dropping it down to 25mg isn’t going to get the results you want. I know you are court ordered, are you in Canada? If so what province? Have you tried to get a review panel done to decertify you? What are the specific circumstances that led you to get hospitalized? If you tell me maybe we can see if there is a way for you not to take anymore injections as I can almost guarantee you don’t need it, we just need to make the review panel feel the same way.
No I suffered a severe psychosis 2019 to October 2020 I was put on abilify in 2020 and it didn’t work and made me gain 15 pounds and then they switched me to Invega Sustenna where I got the two loading dosages in August 2020 and then was on 75mgs in September/October then November on Ive been on the 50mgs and and looking to get dropped down to 25mgs in August then they are going to try me off meds in November...it’s been a long haul with weight gain and some cognitive decline. I read a post on here that a guy dropped down to 25mgs and was able to run again and got his six pack and everything.

No I suffered a severe psychosis 2019 to October 2020 I was put on abilify in 2020 and it didn’t work and made me gain 15 pounds and then they switched me to Invega Sustenna where I got the two loading dosages in August 2020 and then was on 75mgs in September/October then November on Ive been on the 50mgs and and looking to get dropped down to 25mgs in August then they are going to try me off meds in November...it’s been a long haul with weight gain and some cognitive decline. I read a post on here that a guy dropped down to 25mgs and was able to run again and got his six pack and everything.
Where is this post? Are you not able to get off the injections?

When i had a psychotic break 2 years ago the first thing they gave me was Invega. To say it was awful was a major understatement. Not only where the sexual problems horrible and long lasting but i also had kidney pain and had to piss constantly. I also developed Akathisia from it as well which was awful. Combined with the mental cloud i was in my shrink took me off it and put me on Abilify instead which also caused some problems namely weight gain.

Now i am on Latuda instead and so far im not getting any side effects from it. Im not getting the godawful munchies i got with abilify either. I know Latuda get's a bad rep sometimes for Akathisia but at 40mg's a day im not getting it. Id honestly recomend anyone having problems with older anti-psychotics to give Latuda a try.

Does anyone have experience with Vraylar?
my shrink said it’s weight neutral and doesn’t have too many side effects but I don’t trust him.

I'm 5 months off and only facing anhedonia and lack of emotions. Anyone think it's from substance abuse or the invega. Before Invega I had emotions but i was always high and abused cannabis smoking heavily pretty much couldnt enjoy anything without being high. So my question is you think the lack of emotions and anhedonia could be from using meth and abusing cannabis because I'm pretty much a normal person now before. I just like the passion for things like before. Just want a second opinion on the forum because most of you are really smart and know a lot about mental health

Status
Not open for further replies.