• TDS Moderators: AlphaMethylPhenyl | Eligiu | deficiT

Mental Health Coming off Invega Sustenna (Paliperidone) v3

Status
Not open for further replies.
yo guys i was at town (lot of ppl) we smoked straight 2 grams off the spliff with my girl and drinked 2 litres of rum and we we're fucked up as fuck i can't speak about dopamine or serotonine i actually felt like im losing it, im out of money but im gonna get more pleasures !!!!!!!! hahaha hey yo, c..cxmpro..compton
JOKE. TBH. btw im losing the control but ain't going to psychosis or antipsychotics EVER again.

I have read through all three versions of this thread and have been following everyone's journeys closely. I have taken in the harrowing stories on how life-altering this road has been for everyone. I have so much respect for people who have survived this and are still going through it. There's a reason for it all and someday we'll have a look back and understand.

So: 1 injection (234 mg) June 2, 2020. Initial symptoms: bedridden, physical and mental exhaustion, no inner dialogue, inability to continue conversation (little to say unless prompted, very little tangential or philosophical thought- which was a huge part of me and my life), not as precise with my word choices, feeling incredibly slowed down, reasoning and critical thinking took a nosedive. There are no metrics unfortunately to track the progress of my symptoms, but I know I have improved.

It is close to 5 months since this injection and I have made progress thanks to following projected milestones and timelines provided by everyone on these forums. I am currently still experiencing anhedonia, cognitive deficits, memory impairments, energy deficits, and an overall lack of insight (although it has greatly improved since the 1st or 2nd month). Things that have improved: social interactions, libido, emotions, and sleep. My personality has yet to fully be recovered, but I see peeks of her every once in a while.

I think the thing I was most concerned about was cognition, I was someone with a rich inner world and complex thought processes and feel like all parts of me have been severely blunted (including my humor- i have a witty nature that has been blanketed also). I'm taking Vyvanse (10-20mg) whenever I feel the need. It makes going through life a little more bearable and gets the gears turning a little more smoothly, but as far as having those insights...not as much. But on the bright side, I've felt well (and confident) enough to apply for jobs so I can busy myself through the recovery. Due to the obvious physical symptoms caused by the medication (lack of stamina, wanting to sit all day) I'm aiming for remote positions, so hopefully something sticks.

I'm aiming for recovery by month 10 with one injection, but I've accepted that it may be anywhere from 8-24 months.

@Emersonny I resonated with your story very closely and was wondering (just to refresh my memory) how many shots youve had, how many months it's been, and whether or not you're still taking the cerebrolysin. Also, did you recieve a prescription or are you purchasing online? Im planning on speaking to a doctor about the lingering symptoms and hopefully I can get started on recovery with cerebrolysin. Also, how have your cognitive symptoms improved? I hope you've been well :)

Last edited:
There's an FDA website to leave a review of the drug: https://www.accessdata.fda.gov/scripts/medwatch/

This is what I wrote:

It shuts down all dopamine and serotonin receptors, turning a person into a vegetable. This is of serious concern, especially if people have school or are employed or have families to support. It changes the living standards of a person, rendering them bedridden and barely able to care for themselves even after months of ceasing use. I only had one injection, and I feel like it has taken away a year of my life that could've been spent usefully. 5 months off of one injection and I'm still barely able to be of use. There needs to either be a revision of the protocol for administering long-acting antipsychotics or it needs to be taken off of the market. Psychotic symptoms can be treated orally, there shouldn't be a need to administer anything (especially anything long-acting) on a person who isn't informed on the negative symptoms from this drug. It is hard to describe to anyone what it is like living as a human being with no dopamine or serotonin being registered in the body, but I imagine it is very close to being dead. I hope more psychiatrists and pharma reps look into the debilitating side effects that this medication can have, but here are hundreds of testimonials from people who have been administered this med:

https://www.bluelight.org/xf/threads/coming-off-invega-sustenna-paliperidone-v-2.749358/page-315

I hope this has given some insight into the devastating aftermath of one injection alone. People have reported up to 20. Hopefully, there is more done for quality control to make sure no medication can take away a person's will to live so swiftly. It can be described as a chemical lobotomy to many, as it reduces a human being to nothing more than a shell of what they used to be or what they could have been.

Last edited:
yo guys i was at town (lot of ppl) we smoked straight 2 grams off the spliff with my girl and drinked 2 litres of rum and we we're fucked up as fuck i can't speak about dopamine or serotonine i actually felt like im losing it, im out of money but im gonna get more pleasures !!!!!!!! hahaha hey yo, c..cxmpro..compton
Dude 2 liters? thats fucking insane..... thats more then 40 shots. so no dopamine or euphoria?

Would anyone be willing to write a letter to the president about invega? If we write enough letters maybe we could get his attention. This drug needs to be banned. Let's start doing something about it
LOL do u know presidents get paid off by pharmaceutical companies this world is a shit show not gonna happen they wouldda banned opiates by now if they cared that much

LOL do u know presidents get paid off by pharmaceutical companies this world is a shit show not gonna happen they wouldda banned opiates by now if they cared that much
excuse me but I want this drug banned and am going to write letters.

Pretty sure I asked this before but i'm going to ask again. How fast do you lose weight after discontinuing APs? I talk to my doctor on Tuesday and I'm going to ask if I can get oral the following week since November is when we're supposed to do that. I get a blood test after taking them for a period of time and if i'm not monitored after that (I don't think I will be) i'll be tossing them (as some of you know). Hoping I lose all the weight gained quickly.

So you can get intoxicated again?

Did you fully recovered your energy?
My energy has improved but not pre invega yet. I have a severe cold right now and I haven’t recovered from it. It’s been a week now being sick. Invega is still in me. I feel about 75 percent guys. I’m still fighting this insane drug. Be patient it’s insane I know, but be strong. I had to survive and you have to as well. I’m been threw the hell man of invega. Finally I can say I’m happy to be alive at least. I’m not 100 percent which sucks, but I have to continue because I have two beautiful kids that needs their mother. Godspeed ❤️❤️❤️

Pretty sure I asked this before but i'm going to ask again. How fast do you lose weight after discontinuing APs? I talk to my doctor on Tuesday and I'm going to ask if I can get oral the following week since November is when we're supposed to do that. I get a blood test after taking them for a period of time and if i'm not monitored after that (I don't think I will be) i'll be tossing them (as some of you know). Hoping I lose all the weight gained quickly.
My weight fell off. I’m still amazed about how I was 145lbs and now down to 117lbs. It’s crazy but your body changes back. Thank god

A new song came out about this girl waking up smiling everyday. I know that will never be me again. I wake up full of dread everyday knowing it's another day of my brain fried and waiting to die. The only good thing is the weight is coming off fast. Faster than I thought it would.
That’s a good sign. When my weight fell off I started feeling better. Try Wellbutrin xl for a couple of weeks. It increases dopimaines. I know you feel like shit. I felt like shit for 8 1/2 months before I felt better. Invega is death, but hold on girl you got this. I’m 75 percent right now but it’s better than 20 percent ugh. Invega is hell on earth.

My weight fell off. I’m still amazed about how I was 145lbs and now down to 117lbs. It’s crazy but your body changes back. Thank god

Hey @Paula10 how long did it take for the weight change? Also, at what month off did you start noticing the weight starting to drop? Were you dieting/exercising, was it med induced, or did it naturally come off (fixed metabolism)?

Also how many shots were you given? What month of recovery are you at currently?

Thank you! :)

Hey @Paula10 how long did it take for the weight change? Also, at what month off did you start noticing the weight starting to drop? Were you dieting/exercising, was it med induced, or did it naturally come off (fixed metabolism)?

Also how many shots were you given? What month of recovery are you at currently?

Thank you! :)
I’m on 10th month November 4th omg lol. I’m not 100 percent but I’m not dying and I’m living a normal life other than severe ptsd that I can’t get rid of.
I had 4 shots high dosed. I lost the weight at 8 months no dieting it was meds induce invega makes you fat omg horror. Hang on. I’m still fighting but I’m hoping by January or February I’m a 100 percent. When I am 100 percent I will right my last post for new comers and veterans. Good luck
GODSPEED ❤️❤️❤️
ixi were are you girl. Keep holding I promise it’s hell but you will get better. Hold on girl don’t let invega win.

Thanks for that response :) Im so sorry about the ptsd and looks like if everything goes as they should, you shoud be fully recovered by that time :) I hope things work out for you and hopefully you'll be invega free by February! I'm at 5 months rn and my weight isnt really budging, so I was getting kind of worried. Ive just been doing small amounts of walking every other day to get things moving, but aside from that... 8 months keeps coming up as a turning point in most people's journeys for physical symptoms, cognition, and now weight loss.

Congratulations on 10 months. It's crazy how once you have this stuff in your system, all you're trying to do is bide your time...which truly is imprisonment considering how much a person is actually capable of doing (very little) for the time to go by. Every month is kind of an achievement.

Dude 2 liters? thats fucking insane..... thats more then 40 shots. so no dopamine or euphoria?
idk i think i can feel it somehow still little "retarded" feelings, i maybe shared the booze a little but that took me 4 days to get sober again so it's not recommendable at all.

Yeah i'm pretty much 200 right now. I fluctuate between 190-198. Was previously 145. Gained 50 fucking pounds from APs! Very good to hear that it goes back to normal though! I miss my face when I smiled (my cheeks are chubby now and it really shows when I smile. It's just ugly) and I miss my abs haha. Very happy that i'm going to be getting off APs very soon!

That’s a good sign. When my weight fell off I started feeling better. Try Wellbutrin xl for a couple of weeks. It increases dopimaines. I know you feel like shit. I felt like shit for 8 1/2 months before I felt better. Invega is death, but hold on girl you got this. I’m 75 percent right now but it’s better than 20 percent ugh. Invega is hell on earth.
I'm glad to hear you're in a better place now! I understand the struggle so i'm very happy for you.

Status
Not open for further replies.