• TDS Moderators: AlphaMethylPhenyl | Eligiu | deficiT

Mental Health Coming off Invega Sustenna (Paliperidone) v3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello guys, i want to tell u a little "story".. no no no let's call it a "test" what me and my friend did, i think some of you are interested in it. Okay, so my friend came to my crib like a week ago, he e-mailed me earlier that "What's up? how about a morning coffee and some "equasym" <--- that is a methylphenidate drug used for ADHD and ADD. So he came to my house and we talked a little then he pulled out syringes and needles and said "wanna go IV?" I was like FUCK MAN! U know i don't do that shit anymore (i used to shoot meth and amphetamines), but i was so curious how would it hit me so i told that okay let's do it. I have to tell u that i have had hepatitis c, cuz of dirty needles and shit u know "occupational disease" 😂 but i have healed of it like 6months ago. So yeah, he opened the pill that has the methylphenidate powder inside it, we did it to liquid mode, or how to tell it anyway the session was ready, lets get into the session: The syringe was empty and i got very very warm feeling all over my body, little euphoric, we hugged and said to each other that ur really important person in my life (we have known each other like 3 years) etc etc.. so the music was awesome we listened black metal and trap and rap and hip hop and rock and heavy metal and drinked some beer, it was awesome but the feeling lasted like three hours also in my vision when i tried to feel my eyes as u know ur high, it made a weird vision it was like u seeing through a glass and behind the glass was moving little "colors" like purple and green like the glass was blocking u to feel it to the fullest (hard to explain) but something to do with the invega what it does to your vision like u dont see the "high things" weird as hell and can't really describe more. But now things are different it changed my way to think. I stopped now drinking and all and i start to lift weights again and im gonna definently be without alcohol. Idk this is very hard situation for me, also i wont do the drugs but im kinda of interested to try some ecstasy or molly how that would hit and then leave them all not gonna fall to "junkie life". Also someone talked about "inner monologue" and i have had that, i used to chat with girl in my thoughts and i knew her but she wasn't with me IRL but she existed cuz i know her we have met, that had something to do with my sexual function too, the thoughts made me horny as i chatted her in my mind:D! I really wan't to get that back, as i told i used to do amphetamines and that was the time when i had the "real" inner monologue going on! but when i was sober i also had that same monologue going on. I have heard little voices of her but not that much, especially when i try to jack off..LOL, PEACE ALL! Stay strong
Ay bro nice story glad u can feel euphoria still. How many shots did u take and how long are u off it? Do you feel coffee or weed or alchohol the same way before invega? Thanks for your time

Hi everyone,

I’ve been a lurker on this site for the past year and I’ve gained a lot of motivation, insight and hope from the recovery stories I’ve read. Now that I feel I am about 90% recovered I wanted to share my recovery story to also give hope to those going through the worst of the coming off Invega process.

I’ll jump right in with the medical details. My last shot was in late November of last year. I was on the 156 mg dose and I had about 8 shots. I don’t really remember the exact number and if there were any loading doses because I was hospitalized and going through a pretty bad psychotic episode when I was court ordered to undergo treatment with Invega Sustenna.

I decided to stop getting the shot because, like many others, I found that antipsychotics suppressed my normal brain activity. It made me feel dull, unmotivated, and self-conscious. To put it bluntly: I missed dopamine. I made the incredibly hard decision that living unmedicated but with the risk of psychosis was preferable to living a life constantly in low-spirits. I think AP medication has its uses, but personally long-term use just wasn’t for me.

After taking my last shot, I was impatient for my mind to return to its normal state so I could be optimistic and productive again. However, month after month passed and I didn’t notice any change. This was when I started researching others experiences coming off Invega Sustenna. I found hope in reading that most people eventually recovered their mental state. It just took time and patience. Although I still had moments of doubt that I would recover in the predicted amount of time.

It took about 9 months for my mental stamina to return. In only the last two weeks I’ve had this sudden return in optimistic mood, music sounds good again, and most importantly for me: I can really enjoy coffee again. While my mental stamina seems to be returning I still have some days where I just feel weighed down and can do nothing but lay in bed. It’s really been a two steps forward, one step back process.

The habit that has helped me the most in improving my mental state is getting good, deep sleep, which for me has been inconsistent. Fortunately, like the other aspects of recovery it has been steadily improving. I would advise others that have trouble sleeping to be mindful of their stimulant use, like coffee. Exercise is definitely key (if you can muster it). I find that fresh air and movement is extremely helpful in setting up the body for restful sleep. I can’t state enough how important sleep is in maintaining a healthy mental state.

Ok, I’ll stop before I start preaching too much. I hope my experience and suggestions have helped. Feel free to ask me if you have any questions for me.

Take care,
Neo
Hi thanks for sharing your story! You can feel coffee now? Did that just happen all of a sudden after 9 months? I cant feel coffee tea or weed and other stuff and its been 5 and a half months off AP

Hello guys its been 1 year since my 4 shots and I still suffer with sexual problems, I wish there was some veterans of bluelight coming back To give some hope
What kind of sexual probelms are you facing? Do you ejaculate too quickly or not have libido. Do u feel any substances like coffee weed etc after 1 year off the shot? Do u take any other meds?

Hey everyone. I haven’t posted in a while, so I figured I should do a quick update. The last time I posted, I was about four months off. I commented that I was starting to feel a bit better, so I was thinking I’d be over it relatively soon. Unfortunately, my recovery seems to have really stalled. I’m at 8 and a half months now, and it seems like I’ve had little improvement in the last four months. Still dealing with really bad anhedonia, and alcohol still doesn’t work at all. It’s quite depressing. I haven’t been able to get tipsy or even a buzz so far this entire year.

I’m still spending most of my day in bed, just passing time until I sleep. Still not talking to friends because I have no desire to be social. I also haven’t gone to the gym in months. Things like showering and cleaning the house frequently are still a struggle due to lack of motivation/energy.

The only thing that really recovered was sexual function. I get erections easily and have no problem with orgasm/producing semen. I can masturbate at least once everyday. So sexual function isn’t something I stress about anymore.

However, I still really need this anhedonia to go away and I need my mind to come back. I’ve seen other people with less time off than me who can feel substances again, so it sucks that it’s taking so long for me. I’m also still struggling with no emotions. I don’t feel genuine happiness or anger, and I still can’t cry.

This has been hands down the hardest thing I’ve dealt with in life. Everyday is a struggle. I’m hoping things will turn around by 9-10 months.

Hey everyone. I haven’t posted in a while, so I figured I should do a quick update. The last time I posted, I was about four months off. I commented that I was starting to feel a bit better, so I was thinking I’d be over it relatively soon. Unfortunately, my recovery seems to have really stalled. I’m at 8 and a half months now, and it seems like I’ve had little improvement in the last four months. Still dealing with really bad anhedonia, and alcohol still doesn’t work at all. It’s quite depressing. I haven’t been able to get tipsy or even a buzz so far this entire year.

I’m still spending most of my day in bed, just passing time until I sleep. Still not talking to friends because I have no desire to be social. I also haven’t gone to the gym in months. Things like showering and cleaning the house frequently are still a struggle due to lack of motivation/energy.

The only thing that really recovered was sexual function. I get erections easily and have no problem with orgasm/producing semen. I can masturbate at least once everyday. So sexual function isn’t something I stress about anymore.

However, I still really need this anhedonia to go away and I need my mind to come back. I’ve seen other people with less time off than me who can feel substances again, so it sucks that it’s taking so long for me. I’m also still struggling with no emotions. I don’t feel genuine happiness or anger, and I still can’t cry.

This has been hands down the hardest thing I’ve dealt with in life. Everyday is a struggle. I’m hoping things will turn around by 9-10 months.
Damn that sucks you still cant get a buzz ;( how many shots did u take?

Feels bad man :(
I also still feel anhedonic and depressed, not to mention the cognitive impairment that goes with it. Pff

Did you recover ur inner voice qnd can you appreciate music ?

Don’t worry, you’re not alone man. I’m in the same boat, it really feels like we’re missing out on life. I have no personality now and barely talk to even my own family. But hopefully one day we’ll get better. Stay strong recovery does happen

Quote: My semen is all gelatinous and takes time to reproduce. Dont feel orgasm when i ejaculate

Why aren't we doing protests against this drug? We need to stand up for our rights! We need to bring attention to the evils of this drug. I have been off it for 4 months and I'm pretty much brain dead. Have nothing to say because my mind is blank. No change. Not getting any better. I still have no energy. I just wait to die. Can we stand together, make signs, protests. Thorzine was taken off the market becuase it ducked people up. Invega is the same. We need to write letters about this drug.demand it be taken off the market. Call lawyers sue the drug companies. It's a chemical lobotomy. It doesn't fix your symptoms it still you from having thoughts and emotions. I can't feel anger. A strong emotion that I can't feel. We need to stick together.

This sucks i hope its not permanent. I was on a haldol shot for 8 months and I feel like haldol is stronger. I just don't know when I will feel weed again. https://ajp.psychiatryonline.org/doi/full/10.1176/ajp.156.6.885
it really depends on the person and such. some get intoxicated in 5 months, and the people who've had a lot of injections are on their 2nd year of feeling nothing. over on the Schizophrenia forum, i couldn't find anything longer than a year after a few or several injections. most of them didn't have alot.
October 1st though is my 5th month being off and last night i felt alittle bit from weed. more than usual. before it was a little buzz, then my tolerance went up so i felt nothing, then last night i took a hit of some good weed from my bowl and i felt pretty good. wasn't like.. actually high or anything, but it was good. could've just been a window, idk, i'm not feeling anything right now, but that could just be 'cause i'm smoking some bunk weed. it was probably just a window though. won't know till next week after a little T break. i'm gonna get some good stuff.
definetly would be happy with how i felt for now though. it was nice.

Last edited:
« Invega (paliperidone) is an active metabolite of another antipsychotic, Risperdal (risperidone). Risperdal is somewhat notorious for being a pseudo-irreversible antagonist at one or more types of neuroreceptors. Essentially, it binds to the receptor and then never goes away—the receptor has to recycle that part of the cell before it will be receptive to endogenous neurotransmitters or drugs once again, disrupting normal functioning until this happens. Depending on the receptor, it can take days, weeks, or even longer to be operational again in this respect.

Invega does not seem to be quite so irreversible, but is still one of the slowest antipsychotics to clear out of certain receptors. Some people read online about ‘irreversible antagonism’ and think that it means the receptors are taken out of commission permanently. This is not the case. However, it seems unclear whether use of antipsychotics can interfere with the ability for cells to regenerate normally, and thus knowing that the molecules are not necessarily gumming up the receptors does not really tell us whether those receptors ultimately or always return to normal functioning again.” Quora

Fuck i took risperdal once

@Ab33 psychiatry is one of the great evils of our time

@Finessinit I'm so sorry that's scary, I haven't experienced nosebleeds personally - you could go to the doctor and get a referral to a neurologist ?

I think @Heather01 had the right idea about a lawsuit. I don't know how or where to start. I want to file a class action or mass tort that proves it causes brain damage. It was proven to cause gynecomastia in men, it must be possible to prove neurological effects
I know it causes brain damage! They took thorzine off the market because it hurt a lot of people. I want to organize a protest against invega.

it really depends on the person and such. some get intoxicated in 5 months, and the people who've had a lot of injections are on their 2nd year of feeling nothing. over on the Schizophrenia forum, i couldn't find anything longer than a year after a few or several injections. most of them didn't have alot.
October 1st though is my 5th month being off and last night i felt alittle bit from weed. more than usual. before it was a little buzz, then my tolerance went up so i felt nothing, then last night i took a hit of some good weed from my bowl and i felt pretty good. wasn't like.. actually high or anything, but it was good. could've just been a window, idk, i'm not feeling anything right now, but that could just be 'cause i'm smoking some bunk weed. it was probably just a window though. won't know till next week after a little T break. i'm gonna get some good stuff.
definetly would be happy with how i felt for now though. it was nice.
Are you still on other shots? So people after 2 years still dont feel weed :( do you have any links to this?

Status
Not open for further replies.