• TDS Moderators: AlphaMethylPhenyl | Eligiu | deficiT

Mental Health Coming off Invega Sustenna (Paliperidone) v3

Status
Not open for further replies.
When do you start to have hope ? When does the first window of recovery happen ? I think im going to stay like that forever ;( The sensation on this drug is so hard to describe. Hoping i’ll get thoughts very soon

I definitely feel sedated i dont know how i m going to restart school in January hope i ll feel better cause its been 70 days and i feel the same

Hi everyone,

I’ve been a lurker on this site for the past year and I’ve gained a lot of motivation, insight and hope from the recovery stories I’ve read. Now that I feel I am about 90% recovered I wanted to share my recovery story to also give hope to those going through the worst of the coming off Invega process.

I’ll jump right in with the medical details. My last shot was in late November of last year. I was on the 156 mg dose and I had about 8 shots. I don’t really remember the exact number and if there were any loading doses because I was hospitalized and going through a pretty bad psychotic episode when I was court ordered to undergo treatment with Invega Sustenna.

I decided to stop getting the shot because, like many others, I found that antipsychotics suppressed my normal brain activity. It made me feel dull, unmotivated, and self-conscious. To put it bluntly: I missed dopamine. I made the incredibly hard decision that living unmedicated but with the risk of psychosis was preferable to living a life constantly in low-spirits. I think AP medication has its uses, but personally long-term use just wasn’t for me.

After taking my last shot, I was impatient for my mind to return to its normal state so I could be optimistic and productive again. However, month after month passed and I didn’t notice any change. This was when I started researching others experiences coming off Invega Sustenna. I found hope in reading that most people eventually recovered their mental state. It just took time and patience. Although I still had moments of doubt that I would recover in the predicted amount of time.

It took about 9 months for my mental stamina to return. In only the last two weeks I’ve had this sudden return in optimistic mood, music sounds good again, and most importantly for me: I can really enjoy coffee again. While my mental stamina seems to be returning I still have some days where I just feel weighed down and can do nothing but lay in bed. It’s really been a two steps forward, one step back process.

The habit that has helped me the most in improving my mental state is getting good, deep sleep, which for me has been inconsistent. Fortunately, like the other aspects of recovery it has been steadily improving. I would advise others that have trouble sleeping to be mindful of their stimulant use, like coffee. Exercise is definitely key (if you can muster it). I find that fresh air and movement is extremely helpful in setting up the body for restful sleep. I can’t state enough how important sleep is in maintaining a healthy mental state.

Ok, I’ll stop before I start preaching too much. I hope my experience and suggestions have helped. Feel free to ask me if you have any questions for me.

Take care,
Neo

Hi everyone,

I’ve been a lurker on this site for the past year and I’ve gained a lot of motivation, insight and hope from the recovery stories I’ve read. Now that I feel I am about 90% recovered I wanted to share my recovery story to also give hope to those going through the worst of the coming off Invega process.

I’ll jump right in with the medical details. My last shot was in late November of last year. I was on the 156 mg dose and I had about 8 shots. I don’t really remember the exact number and if there were any loading doses because I was hospitalized and going through a pretty bad psychotic episode when I was court ordered to undergo treatment with Invega Sustenna.

I decided to stop getting the shot because, like many others, I found that antipsychotics suppressed my normal brain activity. It made me feel dull, unmotivated, and self-conscious. To put it bluntly: I missed dopamine. I made the incredibly hard decision that living unmedicated but with the risk of psychosis was preferable to living a life constantly in low-spirits. I think AP medication has its uses, but personally long-term use just wasn’t for me.

After taking my last shot, I was impatient for my mind to return to its normal state so I could be optimistic and productive again. However, month after month passed and I didn’t notice any change. This was when I started researching others experiences coming off Invega Sustenna. I found hope in reading that most people eventually recovered their mental state. It just took time and patience. Although I still had moments of doubt that I would recover in the predicted amount of time.

It took about 9 months for my mental stamina to return. In only the last two weeks I’ve had this sudden return in optimistic mood, music sounds good again, and most importantly for me: I can really enjoy coffee again. While my mental stamina seems to be returning I still have some days where I just feel weighed down and can do nothing but lay in bed. It’s really been a two steps forward, one step back process.

The habit that has helped me the most in improving my mental state is getting good, deep sleep, which for me has been inconsistent. Fortunately, like the other aspects of recovery it has been steadily improving. I would advise others that have trouble sleeping to be mindful of their stimulant use, like coffee. Exercise is definitely key (if you can muster it). I find that fresh air and movement is extremely helpful in setting up the body for restful sleep. I can’t state enough how important sleep is in maintaining a healthy mental state.

Ok, I’ll stop before I start preaching too much. I hope my experience and suggestions have helped. Feel free to ask me if you have any questions for me.

Take care,
Neo
Did your inner voice came back ? Do you still feel like your mind is outside your body ?

Hello guys, i want to tell u a little "story".. no no no let's call it a "test" what me and my friend did, i think some of you are interested in it. Okay, so my friend came to my crib like a week ago, he e-mailed me earlier that "What's up? how about a morning coffee and some "equasym" <--- that is a methylphenidate drug used for ADHD and ADD. So he came to my house and we talked a little then he pulled out syringes and needles and said "wanna go IV?" I was like FUCK MAN! U know i don't do that shit anymore (i used to shoot meth and amphetamines), but i was so curious how would it hit me so i told that okay let's do it. I have to tell u that i have had hepatitis c, cuz of dirty needles and shit u know "occupational disease" 😂 but i have healed of it like 6months ago. So yeah, he opened the pill that has the methylphenidate powder inside it, we did it to liquid mode, or how to tell it anyway the session was ready, lets get into the session: The syringe was empty and i got very very warm feeling all over my body, little euphoric, we hugged and said to each other that ur really important person in my life (we have known each other like 3 years) etc etc.. so the music was awesome we listened black metal and trap and rap and hip hop and rock and heavy metal and drinked some beer, it was awesome but the feeling lasted like three hours also in my vision when i tried to feel my eyes as u know ur high, it made a weird vision it was like u seeing through a glass and behind the glass was moving little "colors" like purple and green like the glass was blocking u to feel it to the fullest (hard to explain) but something to do with the invega what it does to your vision like u dont see the "high things" weird as hell and can't really describe more. But now things are different it changed my way to think. I stopped now drinking and all and i start to lift weights again and im gonna definently be without alcohol. Idk this is very hard situation for me, also i wont do the drugs but im kinda of interested to try some ecstasy or molly how that would hit and then leave them all not gonna fall to "junkie life". Also someone talked about "inner monologue" and i have had that, i used to chat with girl in my thoughts and i knew her but she wasn't with me IRL but she existed cuz i know her we have met, that had something to do with my sexual function too, the thoughts made me horny as i chatted her in my mind:D! I really wan't to get that back, as i told i used to do amphetamines and that was the time when i had the "real" inner monologue going on! but when i was sober i also had that same monologue going on. I have heard little voices of her but not that much, especially when i try to jack off..LOL, PEACE ALL! Stay strong

Who the heck listens to metal and hip hop

Hello guys its been 1 year since my 4 shots and I still suffer with sexual problems, I wish there was some veterans of bluelight coming back To give some hope

I'm completely off of propranolol already and what I can tell you is that I feel slightly better and it definitely isn't a placebo effect. From what I've read, it takes about 21 days for an isoenzyme to return to normal functioning 100% when you come off of an enzyme inhibitor, but it should be a constant process of speeding up the metabolism with time. To those who are on Abilify - make sure you don't take concomitantly other drugs that can cause an interaction. Shouldn't be the same way for Invega, cause it's metabolism in the liver is rather minor, but about that I can't be sure.

you sure it's 350? highest is 150 with xeplion. or are you counting them together? if not then that's absurd and i don't understand why they'd give you so much.
How is it possible to steel feel the effect of the drug after it has left the bloodstream ?

How is it possible to steel feel the effect of the drug after it has left the bloodstream ?
It's that even when it's out of your bloodstream, your brain still needs to recover itself which usually takes some time. It's not that you'll start to feel instantly good when the drug is no longer in your system, your brain needs to recover past the presence of the drug in your bloodstream. But maybe for some it's enough to feel good once the drug has left their systems, I don't know.

It's that even when it's out of your bloodstream, your brain still needs to recover itself which usually takes some time. It's not that you'll start to feel instantly good when the drug is no longer in your system, your brain needs to recover past the presence of the drug in your bloodstream. But maybe for some it's enough to feel good once the drug has left their systems, I don't know.
For @HAV0C he still feel the same after a year and 3 months hope i’ll be heal Before please my lord

Status
Not open for further replies.