• TDS Moderators: AlphaMethylPhenyl | Eligiu | deficiT

Mental Health Coming off Invega Sustenna (Paliperidone) v3

Status
Not open for further replies.
most likely. you won't take as long as the people that have been on it for 1+ years.
i had 3 injections too. I don't expect anything over 12 - 18 months personally. it's such a miniscule amount and I had moderate doses; 2 156mg and 1 117mg. on this graph thing i used to look at shows that 1 156 takes 8 months i think it was. that'd be the mid rang compared to other doses. what mg did you get?
Did you recover something like your libido or your sexual functions

Alright, sorry for the spam, but this is so confusing, I have to write everything what's on my mind right now. When I thought about this, I came to the conclusion that both enzyme inducers and inhibitors have no effect on how fast the drug is being released of out the fat tissues. Correct me if I'm wrong. The rate of releasing the substance out of our fat tissues should always be the same, I guess. Out livers don't control it in any way, do they? When the inhibitor or inducer is administered, it affects the metabolism of drug molecules that will reach the liver with the blood, and does not affect the rate of release of the substance stored in other tissues or associated with proteins into the blood. So what happens if we take an inhibitor? The rate of the release of the drug from fat tissues doesn't change, but the liver is metabolising the drug in a slower rate, so there's constant release of the drug from fat tissues (always at the same rate), but the inhibitor makes our livers metabolize the drug slower, so there's more of the drug in our bloodstreams (easy, isn't it?). If we take an inducer, again, the rate in which the drug is being released from fat tissues is still the same, but the liver metabolizes the drug faster, so we're not influenced by it that much.

My conclusion is: taking an inducer could be the best thing to do. We won't eliminate the drug any faster, but this will allow us to experience less side effects, it seems logical to me. Maybe I was feeling so bad because I was constantly taking this propranolol which was causing a slower metabolism (but the drug was being removed always in a constant pace).

I may be wrong about this, so don't take it seriously, I would like more experienced users to express themselves about this matter.
yeah i don't think inducers or inhibitors affect the drug in your fat either now that i think about it. that should all burn off when your metabolism returns to normal anyways, which should happen before your recover? otherwise it'd just get re-released and you'd go through it again. i don't know though. i don't know how the drug is released from your fat either. i assume you either gotta wait for it to be burned off or it just seeps out on it's own.

Did you recover something like your libido or your sexual functions
yeah my libido came back after 1.5 months. it was faster than usual so don't compare yourself to me haha. for some people the libido takes the longest to recover. i think they're people who were on it for awhile though, idk. but it does come back man.

yeah my libido came back after 1.5 months. it was faster than usual so don't compare yourself to me haha. for some people the libido takes the longest to recover. i think they're people who were on it for awhile though, idk. but it does come back man.
So you had semen after 1.5 month thats wow

yeah i don't think inducers or inhibitors affect the drug in your fat either now that i think about it. that should all burn off when your metabolism returns to normal anyways, which should happen before your recover? otherwise it'd just get re-released and you'd go through it again. i don't know though. i don't know how the drug is released from your fat either. i assume you either gotta wait for it to be burned off or it just seeps out on it's own.
I've talked to one person well known with pharmacokinetics and basically what he told me is that an inducer won't affect the release of the drug from fat tissues in any way, it will most likely cause you to feel fewer side effects, because there'll be less of a substance in your bloodstream and more in your piss or poopoo because an isoenzyme is more efficient, so it metabolizes the drug at a faster rate, but your tissues release the drug at a constant pace unless you burn off more fat. But if you take an inhibitor, your isoensyme will suck at metabolizing meaning there'll be more of the drug in your bloodstream, so more side effects, and if there's high amounts of the drug in your bloodstream which your liver can't process, then amounts of the drug are going to put themselves back into fat and other tissues. Which sucks for me, because propranolol is a CYP2D6 inhibitor, so it does slow down Abilify's metabolism. But I can't get myself off of propranolol, because I must take it, otherwise my heart rate spikes up drastically. So I wouldn't be surprised if Abilify is being cleared out of my body in like more than 50% slower pace than it should be, which is a vicious circle. I'll one day get rid of this drug, but I assume it will take me a lot more than for the others.

Last edited:
i'm gonna lower my propranolol dose from 2x40 to 3x10 for some time, then I'll try to stop taking it, but I don't know how much time I need for this. I have to try to ask some doc to prescribe me atenolol, but I don't know how to do this, lol. Maybe I'll test my transaminases and if they'll be high, I'll have a reason to ask some doctor for a betabloker that isn't metabolised in liver as much.

So i asked my pdoc if cigarettes had an effect on eliminating faster the poison and he said that it was useless for invega but true for clozapine which is metabolized by the liver. I asked him again and he said that if it was it was minimal

So i asked my pdoc if cigarettes had an effect on eliminating faster the poison and he said that it was useless for invega but true for clozapine which is metabolized by the liver. I asked him again and he said that if it was it was minimal
But what do cigarettes have in common with the liver? (I'm assuming you're talking about them being a P-gp inducer, but I doubt such inducer has something to do with the liver, I think it just removes any medicine straight out of your brain).

O
I've been off for over a month, l don't remember how long recover took last time.
But what do cigarettes have in common with the liver? (I'm assuming you're talking about them being a P-gp inducer, but I doubt such inducer has something to do with the liver, I think it just removes any medicine straight out of your brain).
he told me that both cigarettes and clozapine were metabolized in the liver and there where an interaction between this too that caused less sedation after smoking

O

he told me that both cigarettes and clozapine were metabolized in the liver and there where an interaction between this too that caused less sedation after smoking
I get it now, clozapine is mostly metabolized by CYP1A2 and cigarettes are a CYP1A2 inducer, so it lowers the blood levels of clozapine.

Yo idk but coming off of invega feels very similar to coming off of heroin. I remember lying in bed having my muscles aching, head aches. And now im going thru the same thing. I feel fucking horrible. I know I have to go thru months of hell to feel better.

After 3 months comming off invenga 3mg,noticing slight improvements (more energy,less anhedonic,my internal dialogue is very slightgly comming back). Stil feels like shit but its getting better. My memory is also starting coming more. I'd say there is 1% of improvement now. Hopefully everything will come back in coming months.

After 3 months comming off invenga 3mg,noticing slight improvements (more energy,less anhedonic,my internal dialogue is very slightgly comming back). Stil feels like shit but its getting better. My memory is also starting coming more. I'd say there is 1% of improvement now. Hopefully everything will come back in coming months.

Im now even start to realise/discover how retarded these antipsychotics has made me. I still cant speak my 2nd language. Crazy how they prescribe it people. These psychiatrist dont have empathy. I mean dont they know the mechancics of these meds? They should see difference in someobe whose psychotic whose not? In what for system do we fking live??? Do they fking care??!! I mean goal us to make peope feel better right as doctor?!!! BLOWS MY MIND!! Speechless really

I've talked to one person well known with pharmacokinetics and basically what he told me is that an inducer won't affect the release of the drug from fat tissues in any way, it will most likely cause you to feel fewer side effects, because there'll be less of a substance in your bloodstream and more in your piss or poopoo because an isoenzyme is more efficient, so it metabolizes the drug at a faster rate, but your tissues release the drug at a constant pace unless you burn off more fat. But if you take an inhibitor, your isoensyme will suck at metabolizing meaning there'll be more of the drug in your bloodstream, so more side effects, and if there's high amounts of the drug in your bloodstream which your liver can't process, then amounts of the drug are going to put themselves back into fat and other tissues. Which sucks for me, because propranolol is a CYP2D6 inhibitor, so it does slow down Abilify's metabolism. But I can't get myself off of propranolol, because I must take it, otherwise my heart rate spikes up drastically. So I wouldn't be surprised if Abilify is being cleared out of my body in like more than 50% slower pace than it should be, which is a vicious circle. I'll one day get rid of this drug, but I assume it will take me a lot more than for the others.
makes sense. i should stop smoking weed then since 1) it's a p-gp inhibitor, and 2) i have 50lbs of extra fat from APs. i'm 6'1 so it don't look like much thank god, but it's still their absorbing Invega if what your saying is true. but yeah if your heartrate spikes to a dangerous level without it then you'd just have to be patient and wait longer.

Yo idk but coming off of invega feels very similar to coming off of heroin. I remember lying in bed having my muscles aching, head aches. And now im going thru the same thing. I feel fucking horrible. I know I have to go thru months of hell to feel better.
petition to give these bitches a taste of their own medicine lol. they're so blinded by the good that they don't take the wrong as seriously.

I don’t understand I don’t have man boobs and my waight isn’t that bad I gained maybe 10 kg but I was skinny. Why I don’t have semen?? This scares me the most with not having effect of weed and cigarettes. People say it recovers in 5 months but @Cheraf is still castrated. Does anyone recover his sexual function and after how long?

Hello guys, i want to tell u a little "story".. no no no let's call it a "test" what me and my friend did, i think some of you are interested in it. Okay, so my friend came to my crib like a week ago, he e-mailed me earlier that "What's up? how about a morning coffee and some "equasym" <--- that is a methylphenidate drug used for ADHD and ADD. So he came to my house and we talked a little then he pulled out syringes and needles and said "wanna go IV?" I was like FUCK MAN! U know i don't do that shit anymore (i used to shoot meth and amphetamines), but i was so curious how would it hit me so i told that okay let's do it. I have to tell u that i have had hepatitis c, cuz of dirty needles and shit u know "occupational disease" 😂 but i have healed of it like 6months ago. So yeah, he opened the pill that has the methylphenidate powder inside it, we did it to liquid mode, or how to tell it anyway the session was ready, lets get into the session: The syringe was empty and i got very very warm feeling all over my body, little euphoric, we hugged and said to each other that ur really important person in my life (we have known each other like 3 years) etc etc.. so the music was awesome we listened black metal and trap and rap and hip hop and rock and heavy metal and drinked some beer, it was awesome but the feeling lasted like three hours also in my vision when i tried to feel my eyes as u know ur high, it made a weird vision it was like u seeing through a glass and behind the glass was moving little "colors" like purple and green like the glass was blocking u to feel it to the fullest (hard to explain) but something to do with the invega what it does to your vision like u dont see the "high things" weird as hell and can't really describe more. But now things are different it changed my way to think. I stopped now drinking and all and i start to lift weights again and im gonna definently be without alcohol. Idk this is very hard situation for me, also i wont do the drugs but im kinda of interested to try some ecstasy or molly how that would hit and then leave them all not gonna fall to "junkie life". Also someone talked about "inner monologue" and i have had that, i used to chat with girl in my thoughts and i knew her but she wasn't with me IRL but she existed cuz i know her we have met, that had something to do with my sexual function too, the thoughts made me horny as i chatted her in my mind:D! I really wan't to get that back, as i told i used to do amphetamines and that was the time when i had the "real" inner monologue going on! but when i was sober i also had that same monologue going on. I have heard little voices of her but not that much, especially when i try to jack off..LOL, PEACE ALL! Stay strong

I don’t understand I don’t have man boobs and my waight isn’t that bad I gained maybe 10 kg but I was skinny. Why I don’t have semen?? This scares me the most with not having effect of weed and cigarettes. People say it recovers in 5 months but @Cheraf is still castrated. Does anyone recover his sexual function and after how long?
By saing "no semen", you mean that you can't ejaculate at all, right? I can remember I was pretty much able to ejaculate ever since I got this injection, it's just that I hardly ever have libido. To be precise, I can ejaculate like just after 30 seconds, but it's most likely caused by low serotonin levels, it had always been like that for me. And maybe Abilify doesn't cause higher levels of prolactin as much as Invega, I don't know. I should probably test my prolactin levels, but I don't have money to do this anyway. But yeah, even though I have neither dopamine and serotonin and I can't enjoy anything, I can think about having sex from time to time.

Status
Not open for further replies.