• TDS Moderators: AlphaMethylPhenyl | Eligiu | deficiT

Mental Health Coming off Invega Sustenna (Paliperidone) v3

Status
Not open for further replies.
I miss my thoughts man I used to think deep thoughts was getting so high on natural dopamine and they stole it....
I just hope once the drug unblocked the receptors I will be able to hike mountains and love life again you know

I'm really wanting to experience life fully again I really do the thing is I really want the energy to be able to hike mountains I really do I want the medicine to not have some any permanent damage but we will see I guess it been 6 months I guess the poison is still in my body

thanks I hope so, just hard to believe with how disabled I am. I've been depressed and this is different. I got unlucky with getting such high doses

I'm so sorry. I get headaches too. do you experience cognitive impairment? I'm also a female with bipolar and got 2 shots, the loading doses.

You can follow the links at this page to report adverse reactions to Invega: https://www.cchr.org/take-action/report-adverse-reactions.html
(More needs be done to stop its overprescription but this is a start)
I didnt experience cognitive impairment did you?

Just a post to say that I hold love and appreciation for all of you and I'm wishing you peace and fast healing. I hope you are able to do something for yourself today that you couldn't do before like make yourself a meal or just enjoy a cup of tea. I just want to give you all my positive energy and hope it can make even a small difference to someone in this group today. Bless you all.

Hi All,

i've came to this forum to do more research about this injection.

I have a story to tell.

My girlfriend has been diagnosed with "Schizophrenia" and ended up in a mental hospital and being forced to take medication by the law and her parents forcing her also to take medication. Due to a scenario which follows : My girlfriends brother recorded her "talking to herself and punching the wall" and threatened her to call the cops on her, her brother was always being miserable towards my girlfriend ever since he got a teenager, always mental and physically abusing my girlfriend by calling her names, giving her bruises, and in the end my girlfriend is the one that has to suffer from all these medications because of one d*ckhead and whenever she tried to tell her parents, they didn't believe her. it was 1 year before she was on Abilify and the whole year of 2019 she was off medication feeling well and everything. 2020 Started as hell for both of us. Mostly for my girlfriend, because she was "misdiagnosed" as far as I want to believe. because even me being with a clear head , talks with myself sometimes. and i get frustrated and punch a wall when i tend to be mad. That doesn't make me a schizophrenic. Most reason of her being mad and talking to herself is because she is continuously misunderstood by her surroundings i.e Parents and her brother. She had the maximum dosage at the first month. Soon after she realized she was having side effects. Sudden weight gains, her "hallucinations" were getting worse. she wasn't feeling herself at all. She hears things not very often, but with this drug it became worse. She had couple of traumas which ended her up seeing things or being more so afraid of things in general ( so thats why i think she got misdiagnosed with schizophrenia) . She was sleeping less due to this medication at nights. and more throughout the day. I supported her throughout the fact that she has to make herself move throughout the day so it doesn't take full control over her body. She experienced lots of discharge in her boobs for the first couple of months, and lots of pains in her lower abdomen, back and headaches. Lots of fighting and struggling from my side to get rid of the medication and telling her that she isn't the problem. Fast forward after 6 months. 3rd of August. She went to the doctor and the doctor wanted to take her off medication. You might think *Happy dance* I have read people are having some kind of side effects / withdrawals while being off medication. 10 days in , she feels better, less pain in her stomach, sometimes headaches and sometimes backpains but the sudden weight gains that she gets on stepping on the scale in the morning and being 116LBs and then after a while it goes 140 LBs is freaking her out because her appetite is so lost but still tries to eat small portions. Are those "temporary weightgains throughout the day" going to be permanent or is it going to go away after a few months? also being on the medication for 6 months, is the halflife reduced or is it still going to take a full year to recover from it ? is she going to have a full recover also ? im concerned about that too because before she used to be high energetic girl who i fell in love with, due to this everything. it completely went 180 degrees on her life being not stable or in the mood to do anything. And it concerns me alot for her future life.

Thank you for reading.

-Stressed out boyfriend.

Hi All,

i've came to this forum to do more research about this injection.

I have a story to tell.

My girlfriend has been diagnosed with "Schizophrenia" and ended up in a mental hospital and being forced to take medication by the law and her parents forcing her also to take medication. Due to a scenario which follows : My girlfriends brother recorded her "talking to herself and punching the wall" and threatened her to call the cops on her, her brother was always being miserable towards my girlfriend ever since he got a teenager, always mental and physically abusing my girlfriend by calling her names, giving her bruises, and in the end my girlfriend is the one that has to suffer from all these medications because of one d*ckhead and whenever she tried to tell her parents, they didn't believe her. it was 1 year before she was on Abilify and the whole year of 2019 she was off medication feeling well and everything. 2020 Started as hell for both of us. Mostly for my girlfriend, because she was "misdiagnosed" as far as I want to believe. because even me being with a clear head , talks with myself sometimes. and i get frustrated and punch a wall when i tend to be mad. That doesn't make me a schizophrenic. Most reason of her being mad and talking to herself is because she is continuously misunderstood by her surroundings i.e Parents and her brother. She had the maximum dosage at the first month. Soon after she realized she was having side effects. Sudden weight gains, her "hallucinations" were getting worse. she wasn't feeling herself at all. She hears things not very often, but with this drug it became worse. She had couple of traumas which ended her up seeing things or being more so afraid of things in general ( so thats why i think she got misdiagnosed with schizophrenia) . She was sleeping less due to this medication at nights. and more throughout the day. I supported her throughout the fact that she has to make herself move throughout the day so it doesn't take full control over her body. She experienced lots of discharge in her boobs for the first couple of months, and lots of pains in her lower abdomen, back and headaches. Lots of fighting and struggling from my side to get rid of the medication and telling her that she isn't the problem. Fast forward after 6 months. 3rd of August. She went to the doctor and the doctor wanted to take her off medication. You might think *Happy dance* I have read people are having some kind of side effects / withdrawals while being off medication. 10 days in , she feels better, less pain in her stomach, sometimes headaches and sometimes backpains but the sudden weight gains that she gets on stepping on the scale in the morning and being 116LBs and then after a while it goes 140 LBs is freaking her out because her appetite is so lost but still tries to eat small portions. Are those "temporary weightgains throughout the day" going to be permanent or is it going to go away after a few months? also being on the medication for 6 months, is the halflife reduced or is it still going to take a full year to recover from it ? is she going to have a full recover also ? im concerned about that too because before she used to be high energetic girl who i fell in love with, due to this everything. it completely went 180 degrees on her life being not stable or in the mood to do anything. And it concerns me alot for her future life.

Thank you for reading.

-Stressed out boyfriend.
I think the temporary weight gains you mentioned will probably go away. I don't know when though. Generally speaking, the longer you're on Invega, the longer it will take to recover. 6 months isn't that long though. How many shots did she receive? 6-7? As far as whether she will have a full recovery, I think she probably will for the most part. It's hard for me to say when she will recover. I think most people recover within 18 months. Recovery depends upon the person though, it may take shorter or longer than that. I think things like metabolism, amount of fat, diet, etc. can affect recovery.

I recommend that your girlfriend tries burning fat and losing weight. Invega can store in your fat and be released into the system when your fat is burned. This can cause the effects of the drug to come back. In addition, I've read stuff that leads me to believe being overweight or obese can make it take longer to recover.

I think the temporary weight gains you mentioned will probably go away. I don't know when though. Generally speaking, the longer you're on Invega, the longer it will take to recover. 6 months isn't that long though. How many shots did she receive? 6-7? As far as whether she will have a full recovery, I think she probably will for the most part. It's hard for me to say when she will recover. I think most people recover within 18 months. Recovery depends upon the person though, it may take shorter or longer than that. I think things like metabolism, amount of fat, diet, etc. can affect recovery.

I recommend that your girlfriend tries burning fat and losing weight. Invega can store in your fat and be released into the system when your fat is burned. This can cause the effects of the drug to come back. In addition, I've read stuff that leads me to believe being overweight or obese can make it take longer to recover.

Thank you for your response.
The weight gain as i mentioned is like in the morning when she steps on the scale its 115, 3 hours later its 140 pounds and then the next day it goes back to 115. from what I have seen from my own message i didn't state it went back to 115 later on. Sorry for that. she had 6 shots. She has a high metabolism, low amount of fat.

I didnt experience cognitive impairment did you?
oh that's good. yes I feel lobotomized. low brain activity, difficulty concentrating and socializing. but I hope your headaches go away soon and you update with your progress

Just a post to say that I hold love and appreciation for all of you and I'm wishing you peace and fast healing. I hope you are able to do something for yourself today that you couldn't do before like make yourself a meal or just enjoy a cup of tea. I just want to give you all my positive energy and hope it can make even a small difference to someone in this group today. Bless you all.
🙏

thanks I hope so, just hard to believe with how disabled I am. I've been depressed and this is different. I got unlucky with getting such high doses

I'm so sorry. I get headaches too. do you experience cognitive impairment? I'm also a female with bipolar and got 2 shots, the loading doses.

You can follow the links at this page to report adverse reactions to Invega: https://www.cchr.org/take-action/report-adverse-reactions.html
(More needs be done to stop its overprescription but this is a start)
yeah i know. the stuff makes you dumb and depressed. d1 and d2 play a role in cognition and they're antagonized so that's why you have cognitive impairment. the other stuff dopamine and serotonin does you should already know. lack of dopamine is negative symptoms of schizo and cognitive impairment (idk if that's a negative symptom of schizo), and lack of serotonin is sleep issues and depression. invega antagonizes both. shit sucks haha, but you'll get through it eventually. I take St. John's Wort 3 times a day.

Last edited by a moderator:
Did anyone here lose their personality and you just feel like a robot when talking to people? Like you have nothing to input in the conversation?

Did anyone here lose their personality and you just feel like a robot when talking to people? Like you have nothing to input in the conversation?
Yeah thats what the medication does. Ive been on 3 different antipsychotics and they all have done that to me. I recovered from it twice and now i got the issue again a 3rd time. Yeah it sucks but i recovered from it twice so hoping ill recover from it again. It takes time, but i think effort also helps. O remember the first time this happened to me i kind of just accepted this is how my life is now and i just tried living cause i was used to feeling like shit all the time. After a while i just recovered without even noticing i recovered. If i remember right it felt like i had to relearn everything again. Like being a baby and relearning how to live my life again. So i guess just feeling miserable about how you feel and just wishing it would go away dosnt help. You have to put in effort to relearn it all again. Hope that helps

Bit of a window these past few weeks. I've been playing farming simulator 19 on Xbox and i have a genuine interest and actually enjoy playing it. It helps. I'm still not even close to 100% but its something. My anhedonia isn't as bad as it was like six months ago. I actually wake up quite early to play this game. Its very addicting and relaxing, rewarding. Keep your sights on more positive days. My uncle gave me a bracelet that says believe on it and i believe everyday that i / we will all get better one day!

yeah i know. the stuff makes you dumb and depressed. d1 and d2 play a role in cognition and they're antagonized so that's why you have cognitive impairment. the other stuff dopamine and serotonin does you should already know. lack of dopamine is negative symptoms of schizo and cognitive impairment (idk if that's a negative symptom of schizo), and lack of serotonin is sleep issues and depression. invega antagonizes both. shit sucks haha, but you'll get through it eventually. I take John's Wort 3 times a day.

It's D1 that is mostly about cognition. Some D2 activity is probably beneficial, making things seem more novel, but this doesn't really help with critical thinking.

The negative symptoms of schizophrenia are probably due to a lack of dopamine in the neocortex.

The 5-HT2a antagonism (and probably 5-HT2c antagonism) that characterizes atypical (2nd generation) antipsychotics is supposed to effect dopaminergic action in the neocortex. This is supposed to reduce negative symptoms or at least make it more tolerable.

The third generation include these mechanisms. But instead of stopping D2 from activating, they, as partial agonists, create a floor and ceiling of activation, the latter of which is more pronounced in higher dose.

Some people include cognitive symptoms as a third group of symptoms, while others include cognitive impairment in negative symptoms.

Let's keep it to no prices and no recommendations on taking psychoactive substances. Let me know if this happens please. I don't want to play sitter.

So your telling me There is a chance of recovery.? A hope.? A possibility.?
A sliver of hope?
6 months off 1 shot checking in things have improved slightly but nothing extreme hoping recovery happens!
Had anyone noticed anything at 6 months I would assume it takes 2 years to clear fully clear 1 shot plus another little bit for brain recovery

300 days off. Had sex for the first time since all of this bullshit last weekend. Still feel like dog shit most of the days. I got a full time job now. Working 6-7 days a week. Haven’t been spending much time in bed. Things are a whole lot better than before. It’s definitely not something you’ll just wake up and be renewed. It’s a slow gradual process in which you’ll have to look back a few month to compare yourself from now the then not just a few days or a few weeks. Im gonna get this life back one way or another. God bless all.

How many shots did you get are you feeling better.?
what % would you put your recovery at.?

I mean come on!
is it actually possibly.?
I don't see Now not is gradual one day 7 years from now you will be feeling better without knowing it.?
I understand the microspheres gradually leave your system I just feel like giving up man I really do

I don't want I end up like Ross on Facebook he's been 5 years of 24 shots and has thrown in the towel

Status
Not open for further replies.