• TDS Moderators: AlphaMethylPhenyl | Eligiu | deficiT

Mental Health Coming off Invega Sustenna (Paliperidone) v3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Has anyone tried Kratom to help with social anxiety?

In an answer: yes. But, the dose increases as the majority of the effects wane with time.

There are many drugs that are less habit-forming than kratom, and don't require the "toss and wash" of ingesting grams of plant flour with water, which most users do several times daily. Also, "user" is a bit of a euphemism in this case. Kratom activates opioid receptors, creating a gnarly dependency and addiction. Better than classic opioids, but still a long shot from a first line of defense. At least one BL member has reported taking 10's of grams of it per day, in line with classic opioid addiction.

SSRIS, SNRIs, members of the propranolol family, hydroxyzine, cogentin, artane, some mild antipsychotics, mood stabilizers perhaps.

For activities: cognitive-behavioral therapy, meditation, exercise, trying to socialize regularly, being productive.

On the herb side possibly kava, valerian root, tuls, fish oil and more.

The brain heals like a scar. You want to rub it when it itches. But the itching means it's getting better. Try not to rub your brain with self-prescription of more drugs.

You want to feed your brain food, not give it another whack to the head. Think "heal". Nothing good will warp away all of your ills immediately. But fighting the good fight builds strength, and even character.

We're here for you 24-7.

In an answer: yes. But, the dose increases as the majority of the effects wane with time.

There are many drugs that are less habit-forming than kratom, and don't require the "toss and wash" of ingesting grams of plant flour with water, which most users do several times daily. Also, "user" is a bit of a euphemism in this case. Kratom activates opioid receptors, creating a gnarly dependency and addiction. Better than classic opioids, but still a long shot from a first line of defense. At least one BL member has reported taking 10's of grams of it per day, in line with classic opioid addiction.

SSRIS, SNRIs, members of the propranolol family, hydroxyzine, cogentin, artane, some mild antipsychotics, mood stabilizers perhaps.

For activities: cognitive-behavioral therapy, meditation, exercise, trying to socialize regularly, being productive.

On the herb side possibly kava, valerian root, tuls, fish oil and more.

The brain heals like a scar. You want to rub it when it itches. But the itching means it's getting better. Try not to rub your brain with self-prescription of more drugs.

You want to feed your brain food, not give it another whack to the head. Think "heal". Nothing good will warp away all of your ills immediately. But fighting the good fight builds strength, and even character.

We're here for you 24-7.
Thank you for your advice AlphaMethylPhenyl. 😊

I get the whole, if you can pay more you get better service model of health care, but in America it's at this extreme level where you are deprived of fundamental civil rights if you cannot afford it, vs being treated like a god if you are rich. wtf.

How’s everyone doing lately? The anhedonia and boredom are really getting to me. Seems like time is passing so slow. I‘m glad I made it past the super depressed and suicidal phase, but it’s still a struggle to get through each day when you don’t really enjoy anything that much. Just constantly counting down the hours until bedtime. I’m almost 5 months off. Hoping the anhedonia improves a significant amount by the 6th month mark. It still blows my mind that I was originally told this shot would only last one month, with little to no side effects. Yet here I am almost half a year later, with this thing totally changing my mind, body, and life.

How’s everyone doing lately? The anhedonia and boredom are really getting to me. Seems like time is passing so slow. I‘m glad I made it past the super depressed and suicidal phase, but it’s still a struggle to get through each day when you don’t really enjoy anything that much. Just constantly counting down the hours until bedtime. I’m almost 5 months off. Hoping the anhedonia improves a significant amount by the 6th month mark. It still blows my mind that I was originally told this shot would only last one month, with little to no side effects. Yet here I am almost half a year later, with this thing totally changing my mind, body, and life.

Yeah..... good point that's all anyone does is wait to go to sleep.

It’s been 222 days. 7.5 months since I got the shot at the hospital. This week I started waking up in the morning and sleeping at night. These prior months I would literally force myself to try to go back to sleep in the morning because I dreaded waking up. Such a weird feeling.... I went from BEAST MODE to coach potato. I’m ready to start getting Boners again just from seeing hot chicks that’s what I miss the most along with music. Those two things that motivated me the most.

Hey everyone,

I used to post on this thread back in the day and at some point dissapeared. I wanted to give everyone an update. I had one 234mg injection of Invega Sustenna on 2/9/2018. I had a very rough time recovering. Eventually they put me on Amphetamines in order to keep me awake. I am still on 60mg of Amphetamines a day due to chronic fatigue and general fogginess. I also ended up developing female breast tissue after the 3rd month in the right pectoral (and had previously had the gynecomastia surgery in 2004). My initial testosterone test after the 3rd month of the injection was 185 on a scale of 200-1100. By Dec 2019 my Testosterone levels had returned to only 349 & 426 on 2 different tests. I am having new testosterone tests done and determining whether I will start TRT permanently as a result of the one invega injection in 2018. I have recovered quite a bit in other ways, but I have never been the same since before. I didn't have problems with low test before the injection and was always in good shape with decent energy levels. I also never had problems with things like "accessing vocabulary" or being "Quick on the draw" when it came to conversing...Invega took a lot of that away from me for a long time. There has never been a return to 100% for me. I have contacted some lawyers and will probably be added to the classaction lawsuit since I have 2 issues (the gynecomastia, and most likely permanent low testosterone levels) that will follow me. Still, I am way better than when I first got the shot, even if like nothing before. I think it took about 10 months before I finally was able to smile or feel emotions like Joy, Pleasure, or happiness after getting that damn shot. I hope everyone on here roughs it out and heals up hopefully better and quicker than me!! If you're a guy and you still feel like crap and it's been a really long time since the injection, I would encourage you to get your test levels checked.

Hey everyone,

I used to post on this thread back in the day and at some point dissapeared. I wanted to give everyone an update. I had one 234mg injection of Invega Sustenna on 2/9/2018. I had a very rough time recovering. Eventually they put me on Amphetamines in order to keep me awake. I am still on 60mg of Amphetamines a day due to chronic fatigue and general fogginess. I also ended up developing female breast tissue after the 3rd month in the right pectoral (and had previously had the gynecomastia surgery in 2004). My initial testosterone test after the 3rd month of the injection was 185 on a scale of 200-1100. By Dec 2019 my Testosterone levels had returned to only 349 & 426 on 2 different tests. I am having new testosterone tests done and determining whether I will start TRT permanently as a result of the one invega injection in 2018. I have recovered quite a bit in other ways, but I have never been the same since before. I didn't have problems with low test before the injection and was always in good shape with decent energy levels. I also never had problems with things like "accessing vocabulary" or being "Quick on the draw" when it came to conversing...Invega took a lot of that away from me for a long time. There has never been a return to 100% for me. I have contacted some lawyers and will probably be added to the classaction lawsuit since I have 2 issues (the gynecomastia, and most likely permanent low testosterone levels) that will follow me. Still, I am way better than when I first got the shot, even if like nothing before. I think it took about 10 months before I finally was able to smile or feel emotions like Joy, Pleasure, or happiness after getting that damn shot. I hope everyone on here roughs it out and heals up hopefully better and quicker than me!! If you're a guy and you still feel like crap and it's been a really long time since the injection, I would encourage you to get your test levels checked.
What class action lawsuit? Could you provide a link?

Hey everyone,

Thanks for the update. That sounds really rough. I’m sorry to hear you never had a full recovery. Overall, your biggest issues have been low testosterone and gynecomastia, right? Outside of hormonal problems, how would you rate your recovery? You say that it’s way better than when you first got the shot. What are some of the areas where you’ve seen major improvement? I would hope that two years after only one shot, a lot of things would have greatly improved.

Are all of your full, deep emotions back? Are you able to work and have a social life? Can you feel alcohol? And how much does the Amphetamine help your condition, do you think you’re feeling the full effects? Also, looks like you’re posting from a new account. What was your old username when you used to post? I find it useful to go back and read people’s earlier posts to get a better idea of their recovery journey.

Thanks for the update. That sounds really rough. I’m sorry to hear you never had a full recovery. Overall, your biggest issues have been low testosterone and gynecomastia, right? Outside of hormonal problems, how would you rate your recovery? You say that it’s way better than when you first got the shot. What are some of the areas where you’ve seen major improvement? I would hope that two years after only one shot, a lot of things would have greatly improved.

Are all of your full, deep emotions back? Are you able to work and have a social life? Can you feel alcohol? And how much does the Amphetamine help your condition, do you think you’re feeling the full effects? Also, looks like you’re posting from a new account. What was your old username when you used to post? I find it useful to go back and read people’s earlier posts to get a better idea of their recovery journey.

Hey, how's it going. I erased all my posts on the forum before I left for "personal reasons". It was ultimately some harassing messages from new Invega Victims that were trolling the thread at the time that made me depart. It's too bad, because I left a lot of useful information, but nothing that really hasn't been covered already by someone else. Ultimately, I wish everyone the best and hope any and all that have had to suffer the tragic Invega Injection recover to the best of their abilities.

To answer your questions to the best of my ability:

Are all of your full, deep emotions back? : "NO"....but considering I couldnt' feel joy, pleasure, or happiness for the first 10 months of the injections, they are much better. However, I do not laugh and enjoy life like I did before. I do not cut up as much and I do not have the true, deep happiness that I had before. I can definitely tell the difference from before and now. I also experience sadness and depression much more than before the injection.

Are you able to work and have a social life? : I am retired on military disability, so I am fortunate that I do not have to work, but I ended up being approved for Social Security Disability in addition to military disability. The Invega Injection played a large part in Social Security approving my disability as it has disabled several hundred/thousands of other people.

Can you feel alcohol? : Yes, but the effect isn't the same as when I used to drink before....it's more of a Post-Invega drinking effect (as in being drunk doesn't feel as good, but I dont' drink much anyways). I really dont' feel like the Ampetamines work too well either...especially compared to before when I was presribed Adderall a long time ago. That could be tolerance, but I imagine Invega probably is doing something there too. It sounds crazy since I only had one injection, but it was in the glute and I remember that I thought I had recovered somewhat after a year and a half, and all of the sudden I had been jogging/running and I must've released some of it that was stuck in my glute or something, because I started suffering the effects again and started gaining weight for a couple weeks...then it felts like I was getting better again. I think that this medicine has a pretty horrible release mechanisim and lots of people think that just because time has gone by that the medicine is also gone, but lots of other people have experienced this type of situation it seems like...where they think they're better and then all the sudden it seems like a 2nd wave of the Invega hits them hard. That's how I would describe my situation.

Old Username: Doesn't matter since I erased the posts, but I hope that I answered your question~.

Last edited:
My hope is that by 10 years..... All of this will be a bad dream... If invega gunks up the receptors that my belief is after 10... 10 years the invega should be gone and the brain will be healed and I can go back to serving God, Jesus, and purity.
ALL WILL BE RESTORED in the end. My only concern is it in vega damage s the receptors. I believe that Jesus will heal those receptors and I'm 10 years... I will be a new man. 10 years! all should be recovered yeah?

My hope is that by 10 years..... All of this will be a bad dream... If invega gunks up the receptors that my belief is after 10... 10 years the invega should be gone and the brain will be healed and I can go back to serving God, Jesus, and purity.
ALL WILL BE RESTORED in the end. My only concern is it in vega damage s the receptors. I believe that Jesus will heal those receptors and I'm 10 years... I will be a new man. 10 years! all should be recovered yeah?
Less, More like 2-3 years.

I cannot believe how long this drug lasts it feels like it’s cemented in my brain. I just want my creativity back and ability to socialize. This poison shouldn’t even be on the market

Why’d you get the shot
Drug induced psychosis. (Marijuana and LSD) But I ended up coming out of it before I even got the shot. But got misdiagnosed as bipolar with mixed schizophrenia features. They said they wouldn’t release me from the hospital until I got the shot.

Status
Not open for further replies.