• TDS Moderators: AlphaMethylPhenyl | Eligiu | deficiT

Mental Health Coming off Invega Sustenna (Paliperidone) v3

Status
Not open for further replies.
"Last year, the company won approval from the FDA to market Invega Sustenna as a treatment that can keep schizophrenic patients out of jail "
But do they actually prescribe and inject prisoners with the drug after they are incarcerated ??

It's over. It's over guys. The drugs destroy the dopamine and serotonin receptors
It does not, your receptors will recycle. Your body is working hard to get rid of the junk that was injected into you. Be patient your body is trying to heal, try to treat it right.

Its been nearly 10 months, I am so numb and yesterday I was going to post a desperate message but I didnt. Sudently, while I was listening to some music, I feeled an EMOTION! What a surprise its been a year since Im numb it gave me so much hope I didnt sleep all night! Even if it was brief but its been so long that I dont feel nothing

Its been nearly 10 months, I am so numb and yesterday I was going to post a desperate message but I didnt. Sudently, while I was listening to some music, I feeled an EMOTION! What a surprise its been a year since Im numb it gave me so much hope I didnt sleep all night! Even if it was brief but its been so long that I dont feel nothing
Wow!!! So good to hear that, what emotion??

did u smoke while recovering from the invega? im recovering too its my 7th month or something and i smoke weed often but i dont feel high.
i stopped smoking 2 days ago and hopefully it lasts for a month lol and then i will hopefully feel high again after not smoking for 1 month..

I’m still recovering. I’m only 4.5 months off. For some reason, I’m one of the ones who never lost the ability to feel weed. Even when I was one month off, I could still get “high.” The high just wasnt enjoyable because my dopamine receptors were blocked. I would basically get all the negative effects of weed only. Like anxious, paranoid, feeling slower/impaired etc. But I would definitely feel a big difference in my mental state after smoking, unlike the people who smoke tons and feel nothing. As time goes on and I heal more, the highs are getting better and more enjoyable again.

My thing is not being able to feel alcohol. I try at least once a week, with no luck. I had an idea similar to yours though. I was thinking about taking a month break then trying again.

It does not, your receptors will recycle. Your body is working hard to get rid of the junk that was injected into you. Be patient your body is trying to heal, try to treat it right.
Really? Its new 4 years for Ross. He claims that the receptors become melted.
I am losing hope.
I Will have to wait until death to feel relief. What a horrible life.

Really? Its new 4 years for Ross. He claims that the receptors become melted.
I am losing hope.
I Will have to wait until death to feel relief. What a horrible life.
I highly doubt you will have to wait until death to feel relief. Please do not think about killing yourself.

Had 4 shots of whiskey last night. Definitely got drunk, but without the usual euphoria.

Had 4 shots of whiskey last night. Definitely got drunk, but without the usual euphoria.
Yeah I found it to be worse drunk than sober... it’s like my body can’t function haha I use get pumped up and want to go find chicks when I drank man. Not anymore what a joke

It's probably for the better not to try to get high on drugs for the now. It's not going to fix things, and if anything, will make recovery that much more difficult, and much more complicated.

Hi all,

It's been one year and 5 months since I've been off the invega shot. This forum used to help me a lot, but now I have little motivation to come here because I just dont think about invega anymore.

I consider myself fully recovered. Things change when you go through something hard like this and I'm a different person than I was before, but as far as abilities go, I feel able to achieve everything that I could prior to invega.

I was doing really well at my internship with the state and at spring quarter in school. Around February, a little over a year off, I slowly started to fall back into delusions of reference. I was able to suppress these delusions until the end of March, when I ended up being involuntarily committed. I told them that I was allergic to the invega shot. They put me on the Invega pill for 8 days, and it blasted all the delusions out of my head. I started to develop a familiar lack of enjoyment and akathisia at the end of the 8 days. However, within three weeks or so of leaving the institution and being off the pill I feel no more detrimental effects from it.

I lost my internship and missed one final. However, my grades were so high that I still passed that class. I decided to keep some invega pills on hand. I am going to try to live most of my life at 100% and try to blast my brain out with the pills if I feel delusions coming on. I would rather live life to its fullest and crash when I have to than commit to living the rest of my life on a soul sucking medication.
I have a psych who is on board with this. I guess she had no choice, as the ultimatum was that I would keep the pills in my drawer in case of emergency or I would not see her...interestingly enough, she tried to convince me to be constantly on APs by saying that the only thing that stopped me from relapsing for a year was the invega shot in my system, because it takes that long to get out. The only time we will ever get a psych to admit that. I wonder if she tells that to the people she prescribes the shot to. That being said, I'm trying some talk therapy as well and it is helping.

I'm really just hoping that the psychotic relapse was related to the AP recovery. The label "schizophrenia" is just on too wide of a spectrum for me to accept with just two episodes. I feel like madness could have many causes. And that medication gives more problems than it solves.

Anyway, I am beyond a doubt fully recovered. It is absolutely possible.

Consider muting the naysayers on this forum who want to make themselves feel better by trying to make others despair. Reading their posts would make anyone question their own happiness. Have faith.

Hi all,

It's been one year and 5 months since I've been off the invega shot. This forum used to help me a lot, but now I have little motivation to come here because I just dont think about invega anymore.

I consider myself fully recovered. Things change when you go through something hard like this and I'm a different person than I was before, but as far as abilities go, I feel able to achieve everything that I could prior to invega.

I was doing really well at my internship with the state and at spring quarter in school. Around February, a little over a year off, I slowly started to fall back into delusions of reference. I was able to suppress these delusions until the end of March, when I ended up being involuntarily committed. I told them that I was allergic to the invega shot. They put me on the Invega pill for 8 days, and it blasted all the delusions out of my head. I started to develop a familiar lack of enjoyment and akathisia at the end of the 8 days. However, within three weeks or so of leaving the institution and being off the pill I feel no more detrimental effects from it.

I lost my internship and missed one final. However, my grades were so high that I still passed that class. I decided to keep some invega pills on hand. I am going to try to live most of my life at 100% and try to blast my brain out with the pills if I feel delusions coming on. I would rather live life to its fullest and crash when I have to than commit to living the rest of my life on a soul sucking medication.
I have a psych who is on board with this. I guess she had no choice, as the ultimatum was that I would keep the pills in my drawer in case of emergency or I would not see her...interestingly enough, she tried to convince me to be constantly on APs by saying that the only thing that stopped me from relapsing for a year was the invega shot in my system, because it takes that long to get out. The only time we will ever get a psych to admit that. I wonder if she tells that to the people she prescribes the shot to. That being said, I'm trying some talk therapy as well and it is helping.

I'm really just hoping that the psychotic relapse was related to the AP recovery. The label "schizophrenia" is just on too wide of a spectrum for me to accept with just two episodes. I feel like madness could have many causes. And that medication gives more problems than it solves.

Consider muting the naysayers on this forum who want to make themselves feel better by trying to make others despair. Reading their posts would make anyone question their own happiness. Have faith.

Thanks for coming back to update us! Back in February you said you were about 90% recovered. Do you feel better than that now or do you just have a new perspective on recovery? I remember you saying your sexual function hadn’t fully returned, and giving an analogy about how once you dye your hair its never the same as virgin hair again. Is there anything you feel was irreversibly changed? And can you feel wine/alcohol fully now?

Besides that, how are your emotions? If I remember correctly, you’re a mother/wife and you were saying Invega made it harder to play that role. Do you feel strong emotional feelings toward your family now? Before Invega, I was a pretty sentimental guy. I cried tears of joy when my baby sister was born about a year ago. Then I cried a lot when I spent my last moments with my grandma before she passed. Even a good movie could make me tear up. Since Invega, I’m just dull, emotionally flat, and can’t cry at all. I also lost my sense of romantic love for a girl I was interested in pre invega. Do you feel deep feelings of romance, love, joy, excitement, sadness, etc?

Sorry to hear about the relapse. There were a few others in the past who relapsed after about that same amount of time off of Invega. So it is possible that it’s just a withdrawal psychosis. I’m glad you were able to avoid another injection! But keeping the pills on hand may be a good idea. Good luck with everything and thanks again for coming back, we could use more hope around here.

It shuts down higher brain function guys. The way it works is it shuts down your ability to think properly. Excessive dopamine theory is wrong. Delusions can be cured without anti psychotics. I want my life back. I want my higher brain function to be working again. Will it? Who knows. All I know is this drug is NASTY. Really? They are stealing people's brain function?

H
Hi all,

Hi, that’s great news!! You also said you were in injections how many did you receive?

this is chemical torture people. I hate to be negative but this is about as bad as it gets....... REALLY!!!!! really? Living without dopamine?

Status
Not open for further replies.