• TDS Moderators: AlphaMethylPhenyl | Eligiu | deficiT

Mental Health Coming off Invega Sustenna (Paliperidone) v3

Status
Not open for further replies.
80 days since invega sustenna shot. (One 234mg shot) I’m feeling super antisocial having not much to say to people in conversations. Is this normal for people coming off the medicine? Would love to hear some responses to confirm I’m not the only one going through this

80 days since invega sustenna shot. (One 234mg shot) I’m feeling super antisocial having not much to say to people in conversations. Is this normal for people coming off the medicine? Would love to hear some responses to confirm I’m not the only one going through this

Welcome to the thread. I experienced the exact same thing. My social skills and the desire to even be around other people was hit hard by Invega. My brain would go blank during conversations and I’d be awkward or have nothing to say. I also started becoming antisocial and isolating myself, declining friends’ requests to hang out because I knew I wouldn’t have a good time. Even keeping up with people via text and social media was awkward and a chore. This is in stark contrast to before. I’d talk to people at bars/parties and make new friends all the time. I was very outgoing and social, with a lot of friends.

I’m 4 months off two shots of Invega now, and my social skills are just now starting to come back. So far I’ve hung out with friends twice. Playing games, watching movies, catching up, etc. I’m able to more easily think of things to say and contribute to the conversation. It’s still a bit awkward for me and not as enjoyable as before but I’m assuming it’ll get better with time. Once I’m able to feel alcohol again and get back into the bar/party scene, I’ll feel a lot better for sure. I used to hang with my friends all the time and I really enjoyed it. I’m hoping that by the time the virus passes, I’ll be fully back to my outgoing self.

Update: I can strongly feel the effects of cannabis. It gives me a pleasurable, mellow high that I can feel throughout my entire body. Followed by comfortable, restful sleep. In the beginning, weed just made me feel anxious and uncomfortable. On Invega, the high felt weird, bad, and dysphoric. Now I seem to be getting back to the pleasant and euphoric highs I would feel pre-Invega. Relaxing and listening to some good music feels great.

Welcome to the thread. I experienced the exact same thing. My social skills and the desire to even be around other people was hit hard by Invega. My brain would go blank during conversations and I’d be awkward or have nothing to say. I also started becoming antisocial and isolating myself, declining friends’ requests to hang out because I knew I wouldn’t have a good time. Even keeping up with people via text and social media was awkward and a chore. This is in stark contrast to before. I’d talk to people at bars/parties and make new friends all the time. I was very outgoing and social, with a lot of friends.

I’m 4 months off two shots of Invega now, and my social skills are just now starting to come back. So far I’ve hung out with friends twice. Playing games, watching movies, catching up, etc. I’m able to more easily think of things to say and contribute to the conversation. It’s still a bit awkward for me and not as enjoyable as before but I’m assuming it’ll get better with time. Once I’m able to feel alcohol again and get back into the bar/party scene, I’ll feel a lot better for sure. I used to hang with my friends all the time and I really enjoyed it. I’m hoping that by the time the virus passes, I’ll be fully back to my outgoing self.
Thanks for the reply Ghost! Yeah I feel your pain, I’m the same way when it comes to having conversations with people. My mind just goes blank and I feel like I have nothing to say to them, this is coming from someone who used to always be able to go out and start a conversation with just about anyone. It’s a very strange feeling to have not knowing what to say in a conversation. This poison of a medicine is a social destroyer. It’s caused me to just stay at my house all the time sometimes not even come out of my room just to avoid all the social activity with my family. But hopefully like you once this virus stuff is over we’ll both be back to normal and outgoing again like we used to be. Good luck in your recovery man.

Guys I have done enough resesrch. Talkd to a lot of people. Recovery may not be possible. I hope it is but who knows. My new life is in my dreams.

m.facebook.com/groups/150925412101850
This is a support group in facebook please check it out

Update: I can strongly feel the effects of cannabis. It gives me a pleasurable, mellow high that I can feel throughout my entire body. Followed by comfortable, restful sleep. In the beginning, weed just made me feel anxious and uncomfortable. On Invega, the high felt weird, bad, and dysphoric. Now I seem to be getting back to the pleasant and euphoric highs I would feel pre-Invega. Relaxing and listening to some good music feels great.

That's great to hear! Are you able to get pleasant feelings or euphoria outside weed use? I have no idea what weed would be like for me as I'm stuck in the other side of the world where I have no access. The only drug I've tried since my injection is valium and I could feel the effects of it, so I'm hoping I'll be able to a get a decent high when I go back to the US.

That's great to hear! Are you able to get pleasant feelings or euphoria outside weed use? I have no idea what weed would be like for me as I'm stuck in the other side of the world where I have no access. The only drug I've tried since my injection is valium and I could feel the effects of it, so I'm hoping I'll be able to a get a decent high when I go back to the US.
What is this country of yours with no weed?

Well there is, but it's shitty and my connection got arrested a while back. Also a strict lockdown, not the best time to find new ones.

Anyone know if latuda is better than abilify if so what’s different and will my symptoms change thank you for reading

Outside of weed, I do feel pleasant feelings. In the beginning, I was in a horrible zombie-like depression. I don’t think I laughed or even smiled for about three months. These days I’m happier though. I’m able to laugh at things all the time again and I have an overall more positive mood. Today I hung out with some friends by the pool and spent the day catching up, joking around, and swimming. Overall, I was able to have a good time and get my mind off of Invega.

Brother you've only been off for 3 months about the same length as me, be hopeful, a lot of people do recover. I know exactly how you feel man, but if you go through this forum ALOT of people have recovered, the majority. People see improvements around the 6th month some even recover that early others took years, but they recovered nonetheless.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.