• TDS Moderators: AlphaMethylPhenyl | Eligiu | deficiT

Mental Health Coming off Invega Sustenna (Paliperidone) v3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi everyone,
It's been quite some time since my last post but I've come to bring good news. In December 2018 my husband was given the loading dose of invega right before our wedding. He was given this by his psychiatrist for PTSD. He had not been on any medication before or after the injection.
For months and months my husband struggled to just live life. He could not enjoy things he once did, he suffered from insomnia, he could not feel any type of emotions or cry tears. In April 2019 we asked his psychiatrist to do a lab test(palperidone palmate serum it's called and if your doctor tells you there is no test they are lying to you) the results came back and showed he still had 16 ng/ml in his blood. In May of 2019 I started to notice a difference in him although he didn't feel it. In July 2019 we did another test and it showed 0.5 ng/ml. That month we took a 2 week road trip so I could get him out of his normal routine. To my that's what really helped him. I guess I would say it was in August 2019 were he was able to kind of enjoy the things he used to and to slightly feel emotions. By December 2019 he was fully back to himself 100%. He fully enjoys the things he used to, he has all his emotions. He is able to enjoy a beer and other things😉
I know it's a difficult time for all of you going through this and as someone who has watched the love of my life be in such a horrible place I understand what you all are going through. I can tell you it does get better and you will recover. You have to go through these bad times to get to the good times. We tried lots of supplements and alternative treatments. I can't say if they helped or not but it was worth the try to me. Try to distract yourself as best you can and try not to focus on the people who say they don't get better. Most of the people here recover but don't come back to update like us. I never came back to update because we were just trying to put this behind us but we just had someone reach out looking for help. Hopefully this will reassure you that it does get better and you will be back to normal. You may even come out of this a better person. Take care of your brain and your body. Invega is poison.
You're a keeper.your husband Is a lucky guy.

just keep going man, this shall pass. I send u a hug and don't lose the encouragement to get better. Soon enough u'll feel well. Cheers man :D
Thanks nznity, I appreciate it. I guess the hard part is the waiting. It feels like it's taking forever, but its encouraging to hear that things improve with time

Is there way of hiding the pill in my mouth cos i did ot once anf didnt even check...the next nurse in the morning asked me to open my mouth

Is there way of hiding the pill in my mouth cos i did ot once anf didnt even check...the next nurse in the morning asked me to open my mouth
Domtdo that man I've seen ppl get caught AND they stsrted smashing their pills. They had to take it in their drinks. Take care

Guys make sure you get your vitamin D levels checked. Because of quarantine we are staying indoors and may have low Vitamin D. Did you know that Vitamin D deficiency causes psychosis too?

I head that Invega depletes magnesium, which may be causing insomnia for you guys.

161 days off for me. Still no improvements, but i am quickly approaching the time when people recover.

Nah I've heard bad things about haldol. I'm not gettin shot with anything
Haldol Is the worst, it's a fking 2-3 day Nightmare . It makes ur muscles contract real bad it fking hurts. I've seen an old guy cry from 1 shot i had to massage His jaw cause he kept twitching AND biting His tongue. Antipsychotics are evil as fk man.

161 days off for me. Still no improvements, but i am quickly approaching the time when people recover.
I really hope you feel some kind of improvement soon, 6 months is meant to be a crucial time for most people. How would you describe your symptoms so far?

I'm really struggling with social interaction. On a good day, I can at least ask questions and make some kind of dialogue, but a lot of the time I just sit there like a muppet. I've almost forgotten what it's like to have a normal conversation. Is anyone else in the same situation? How are you coping?

I'm really struggling with social interaction. On a good day, I can at least ask questions and make some kind of dialogue, but a lot of the time I just sit there like a muppet. I've almost forgotten what it's like to have a normal conversation. Is anyone else in the same situation? How are you coping?
Yes I have the same issue before this I was able to hold conversations with just about anybody now it’s like I don’t even know what to say anymore. I’m just staying to myself until this passes. Which I'm praying is soon

I’m in the exact same boat. This is one of the worst parts of Invega. I’ve been isolating myself from friends and family now. Not sure what else to do. All of my responses in conversation are bland and short. And I can’t even have a drink, which would normally be a social lubricant to ease the awkwardness.

I really hope you feel some kind of improvement soon, 6 months is meant to be a crucial time for most people. How would you describe your symptoms so far?

I improved a little at 30 days, but I have all the usual symptoms people complain about.

Status
Not open for further replies.