• TDS Moderators: AlphaMethylPhenyl | Eligiu | deficiT

Mental Health Coming off Invega Sustenna (Paliperidone) v3

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think my sexual problems are dissipating, which at least indicates some degree of recovery. 4 months seems pretty consistent with sexual dysfunction recovery, so this makes sense.

Any recovery stories that have not been posted yet would be greatly appreciated. Anyone experiencing any new improvement at all would be appreciated.

I hope too that people will give us more updates and encouragement from their recovery

Hello. Just checking in. Still no improvements mentally. Still struggling with sleep. My last injection was June 2018. Unbelievable I’m still dealing with this. I just want to be happy again. 😔

***UPDATE ***

so I smoked weed the past few days, and felt the good old same euphoria that I felt when I first smoked pot and had no hallucinations.....

However when I was coming off invega, invega made me very quiet and in my head...

So on weed I feel the euphoria BUT it makes me quiet and I'm my head, I dont like it, at all.
I prefer to stay my clown/bubbly self, I think I'll just drink

Oh and 1 more thing just came to mind, I noticed my creativity was thro the roof while I was stoned, I liked to write short stories and movie plots before invega, and my mind just flowed with thoughts, it felt wonderful...

And I'm watching my favorite movies over and over again, I can feel inspired by stories again.

Last edited:
How do you guys cope with socializing? I literally have nothing to say/contribute to conversations anymore.

I'm 14 months off. Recovery is at 85-90%. I got a lot of my sexual function back, but I don't think I ever will fully. It's kind of like when you dye yourhairforthefirst time....your hair will still be pretty, but it will never again have that special thing that virgin hair has. Thats just the reality of invega. I don'mean to be discouraging, but I think both things are true: you can recover, but at the same time you will never recover. Some things you just cant put back in the box once they're out. conversely, as johnnyhalo said, losing and regaining basic function gives you an appreciation for it that you wouldn't otherwise have. In that way, going through invega gives you valuable wisdom.

Even though I feel there are intangible things I've lost that wont return, I still consider myself recovered. I can make new friends, enjoy conversation, be spontaneous in a positive way, study, learn, and care deeply about things. The things that make life worth living are back. I am a good mother again. I can feel deep emotion. Recently, I can feel 80% of the effects of alcohol, which is pretty good. I can feel good and strong at the gym. I notice that my mind seeks out simple dopamine spikes like food and alcohol rather than complex pleasure which may be an effect of returning from dopamine starvation? I have to be wary of that. I still have an extra 10 lbs and a belly that seems to be hormonal. Will update when I get rid of it.

I hope to recover even more. Don't give up. One of the worst things is that for all the hell you go through on invega, you are unable to put your thoughts together enough to articulate exactly what you're going through. You will recover.

It seems as though my muscle tremors have completely stopped, so that is at least some sign of recovery.

How do you guys cope with socializing? I literally have nothing to say/contribute to conversations anymore.

@Ghostv2314 Honestly I told all my friends and family what this crap did to my personality and told em why I dont talk much, and I'd chill with friends they knew why I was quiet, so I just hung out in there presents..

Work was a different story, luckily I kept my mouth shut and didn't force myself to speak, didn't feel stupid that way and I only commented on what was necessary.

I always felt stupid contributing to a conversation while on invega, and social ques were always off, and I was extremely awkward so I just stayed quiet... and actually a lot of people thought I was ex millitary, I don't see how, I always had a stupid look on my face

Last edited:
I would like to disagree with some of you and say complete recovery is possible. I believe that you can fully recover, some of it remains from your negative thinking that you can never recover.

I would like to disagree with some of you and say complete recovery is possible. I believe that you can fully recover, some of it remains from your negative thinking that you can never recover.

I agree with your firstsentence. Recovery is very possible and 90% of people see recovery within the first year. Keep the faith, but in some scenarios like mine it has not happened yet. But I pray daily for recovery. The people who are negative just want to get out of the situation. Don’t mind them, including me. We are just expressing ourselves and our struggles. I used to believe this one person was exaggerating her struggle until I experienced it for so long. It’s not easy. But yes RECOVERY is possible and I don’t believe anyone on this forum has a reason to lie about what they are experiencing.

What kind of test? I see a psychiatrist every month. She hasn’t provided any therapeutic options

I was referring to bloodwork. For bloodwork, you should get thyroid tests, dopamine/serotonin tests, cortisol tests, and other tests to see if you need medication to correct medical problems caused by Invega. You should do some research online and talk to your regular doctor about what tests you should get.

I was referring to bloodwork. For bloodwork, you should get thyroid tests, dopamine/serotonin tests, cortisol tests, and other tests to see if you need medication to correct medical problems caused by Invega. You should do some research online and talk to your regular doctor about what tests you should get.

Question u can get a test for dopamine and serotonin levels?! I was recovering blind had no idea, besides my hormones leveled at the 6 0r 7 months.

I was 21 when I got 3 shots aswell.
I'm doing much better now, at almost one year off.
I would put my recovery at 85-90%.
It's important that you watch what you eat and stay as active as you can, because this stuff will really make you put on weight.
Good luck bro, we're going to make it.
I’m following your timeline because it’s approximately the same as mine and your Canadian too haha... I’d say I’m about 80%... for the most part I feel myself again... I just hope the ED gets better... I did the math on a calculator and I think according to the half life decrease, by April I hope I can say I’m close to 100%... best to u in your recovery... I hope u keep posting

Yeah, I was amazed when I found out as well. An epinephrine/norepinephrine test would be useful as well I think. Of course get a paliperidone blood concentration test done as well.

I've heard someone mention previously that they were able to get a blood test to see how much Invega Sustenna was left in their system. I just tried to do this with my local hospital but they told me they weren't able to test for that. Can anyone tell me where I can find a place that does test for it?

This is crazy I feel this pressure in the front of my head and it driving me crazy. Still haven’t recovered and it’s a little over 11 months since my last injection something isn’t right I can’t take this anymore

Status
Not open for further replies.