• TDS Moderators: AlphaMethylPhenyl | Eligiu | deficiT

Mental Health Coming off Invega Sustenna (Paliperidone) v3

Status
Not open for further replies.
no I don’t. Just not thoughts, no emotions, no sex drive. Just flat feeling all day and feeling numb.
Same mate. I'm coming up to 3 years off invega. Still have no emotions, flat as a coffee table mood. Definitely still got the numb feeling in the brain. No inner voice. But it's only 10 weeks into I meet my son. So that will be pretty cool/excitement to look forward too. I hope things change in the future for us long term suffers. :)

Same mate. I'm coming up to 3 years off invega. Still have no emotions, flat as a coffee table mood. Definitely still got the numb feeling in the brain. No inner voice. But it's only 10 weeks into I meet my son. So that will be pretty cool/excitement to look forward too. I hope things change in the future for us long term suffers. :)
I have questions for you its about 3 years now do you listen vibrations in you brain from invega? And another question how long Time you take antidepressant before invega ?thanks

Hey man, I had 2 shots myself, 156 and 100 mg ones. That was around 10 months ago. I would say I'm pretty much the person now, than I was before the shots. It took like roughly 6 months before I saw any major improvement. It's gonna be a tough ride my friend, but I can assure you that you won't get any permanent damage from just 1 shot. Remember to drink a lot of water since paliperidone is renally excreted, when your anhedonia resolves a bit try to exercise, maybe try fasting if you managed to gain some weight due to invega. You can PM me if you have any concerns! =)
Seriously you make me joke stop speak like a scientist go work and do you life if you feel good like you saying all the time in this forum thanks

Do u suffer from akathesia or deep deppresion? What exactly is wrong with you? Let me know thx
He dont have émotion motivation energy like all the people oh i forger you have you émotion you take lithium and you have émotions you have nothing bro no emotion ect but if you like bé like that im happy for you seriously

I think WE Can be happy with less dopamine its hard but a lot if people Can live normally After this horrible injections i believe WE Can be ok soon i wish all the people bé happy takecare everyone dont give UP you alive you life Can be good work you brain see you

It has been 5 month since im off , and trust me you do get way better , akasthisia is slighlty present but doesnt bother me this much , its like a reflex now , my leg is always moving, anhedonia is way better , i can go to university , i'v also just found a job. Overall only improvements dont worry guys. i saw a slight change in my emotions the first 3 months where i was heavily sedated , right now my emotions are back like they were , i smoke weed from time to time , but trust me i havent got any problemes with my emotions

Seriously you make me joke stop speak like a scientist go work and do you life if you feel good like you saying all the time in this forum thanks
Chill man, I'm not speaking like a scientist, I'm speaking as things are. If you can't comprehend what I'm trying to say, then it's your own fault. And I'm currently unemployed, I'm getting enough money right now, so no need to waste my time at work tbh. I'd rather exercise, produce music, smoke weed, sleep and eat well, and chill. And if I feel good, I can't share how I made myself feel better? Your logic makes no sense brother. Since January I've been trying to find an "antidote"for this literal poison and I'm pretty sure I've found it, and it's the St. John's Wort. But don't waste your time listening to me, I know jack-shit about anything. Why are you here then? All you do is put people in a negative mindset telling how we can be happy with less dopamine. Well I'm being happy with the amount of dopamine I had before the shots. Same goes for serotonin. And it's not about the dopamine or serotonin, it's about your mindset. If you strongly believe you can't recover and you're stuck in this situation for the rest of your life, guess what's gonna happen? You're going to be stuck in that mindset as long as you believe so. But do as you wish, all I'm trying to do is help people in the most fucked up situation there could possibly be, and all you're trying to do is bash me? For what? May I ask how old are you? Also many of your statements start with "I think", at least I post reliable sources for my information so...

Last edited:
was forced to take Invega Sustenna at 100mg a month, and only took it once. this medication gave me severe anhedonia and I cannot feel pleasure or joy from anything.

I feel as if I have no serotonin/dopamine left, as if the drug damaged my dopamine/serotonin receptors. I have became an emotionless zombie that cannot function.I can literally not feel anything at all. I feel that the medication has done something permanently negative to my brain.

I have no sex drive, no motivation or willpower to do anything, due to not being able to feel any emotions or anything at all. Even showering is a struggle due to the lack of emotions and willpower since the injection.

my last shot was on July 1. It has been 4 months since then but I haven't felt any improvement at all.

I have read that Invega Sustenna has 25-49 days half life and that it takes roughly 5-6 half lives for the body to eliminate a drug.

I have also read that it usually takes 4-5 months after antipsychotics are cleared from your body for you to start feeling normal again.

Does this mean that I will have to wait for almost a year to start feeling better? Did Invega Sustenna cause permanent damage to my mesolimbic pathway?

I have heard that antipsychotics can permanently damage your dopamine and serotonin receptors and wondering if that is true?

I don't want to continue living like this and have been contemplating suicide.

But tomorrow I am talking to my dr and psychiatrist about this. I hope it goes well.

Your psych will tell you that it's all in your head and that you're just mentallyI'll, and that you'll feel that way forever without medication.

That's not true.

I remember feeling this way. I stopped showering , taking care of myself, doing anything.

I'm 11 months off an I enjoyaso much again. Life makes sense again , I'm back to my oldrputines, and i feel pleasure, happiness, and take meaning out of life. I can think again.

I also contemplated suicide and worried every day that I ws permanently ruined. the worst effects, the ones that make life not worth living, are not permanent. Sexual function is much better but still desensitized.

Don't give up. By month 9 you will start feeling your old self and its uphill from there.

Chill man, I'm not speaking like a scientist, I'm speaking as things are. If you can't comprehend what I'm trying to say, then it's your own fault. And I'm currently unemployed, I'm getting enough money right now, so no need to waste my time at work tbh. I'd rather exercise, produce music, smoke weed, sleep and eat well, and chill. And if I feel good, I can't share how I made myself feel better? Your logic makes no sense brother. Since January I've been trying to find an "antidote"for this literal poison and I'm pretty sure I've found it, and it's the St. John's Wort. But don't waste your time listening to me, I know jack-shit about anything. Why are you here then? All you do is put people in a negative mindset telling how we can be happy with less dopamine. Well I'm being happy with the amount of dopamine I had before the shots. Same goes for serotonin. And it's not about the dopamine or serotonin, it's about your mindset. If you strongly believe you can't recover and you're stuck in this situation for the rest of your life, guess what's gonna happen? You're going to be stuck in that mindset as long as you believe so. But do as you wish, all I'm trying to do is help people in the most fucked up situation there could possibly be, and all you're trying to do is bash me? For what? May I ask how old are you? Also many of your statements start with "I think", at least I post reliable sources for my information so...
I dont Bash you Saint John wort its a placebo effect for injections its good for oral no for injection that its true but think what you want i dont Care bye

I have questions for you its about 3 years now do you listen vibrations in you brain from invega? And another question how long Time you take antidepressant before invega ?thanks
Hey mate. There's is no "vibrations" or inner voice they are gone and gone forever mate ever to return you don't heal from invega. Invega did this 200000%. No can antidepressant do this much damage to the brain. To anwser your Q's yes I have used antidepressants all my life from the age of 19 years old I'm 33 now.

Hey mate. There's is no "vibrations" or inner voice they are gone and gone forever mate ever to return you don't heal from invega. Invega did this 200000%. No can antidepressant do this much damage to the brain. To anwser your Q's yes I have used antidepressants all my life from the age of 19 years old I'm 33 now.
Because i have Friends he take only 3 month ad and he Lost émotions its for that i question you have good day bro bye

I dont Bash you Saint John wort its a placebo effect for injections its good for oral no for injection that its true but think what you want i dont Care bye
Where do you get this information from that SJW is placebo? I'm using it solely for the purpose that it induces the P-glycoprotein which pumps foreign substances out from cells into the blood. How is that a placebo effect? You release paliperidone from your cells with the power of your mind? That's some jedi mind tricks shit over there bro, please teach me. And as for the depression, in Germany, SJW is the go-to medication when someone is having a depressive episode. It has been shown to be as effective in treatment of depression as Prozac and sertraline. If you haven't even tried it, how can you be so sure? And funny enough, both risperidone and paliperidone INHIBIT the P-gp, so less will be metabolized.

"Risperidone (RSP) and its major active metabolite, 9-hydroxy-risperidone (paliperidone, PALI), are substrates of the drug transporter P-glycoprotein (P-gp)."

"Cyclosporine and sirolimus are P-glycoprotein (Pgp) substrates "

What is St. John's wort doing to cause a reduction in the concentrations of cyclosporine? (Could as well be paliperidone or risperidone since they're all subtrates of P-gp)

• In order to understand this, a basic review of the metabolic and elimination pathways for cyclosporine are needed.
  • Cyclosporine's metabolism is dependent on the presence and function of the cytochrome P450 (CYP) 3A4 enzyme, which means cyclosporine is a substrate CYP3A4.(6,7)
  • Furthermore, cyclosporine's elimination from cells and ultimately from the body is partially mediated by P-glycoprotein (Pgp), which makes it also a substrate for Pgp.(8,9)
  • These two pathways of clearance are important to understanding why St. John's wort causes cyclosporine concentrations to decrease.
  • For purposes of being complete, cyclosporine is a also a potent inhibitor of several influx cell membrane transporters (OATP1B1, OATP1B3, OATP2B1) as well as the efflux cell membrane transporters (MRP2 and P-gp).(8,10) As such, it is evident why drug-drug interactions between cyclosporine and other medications are not only complex, but cannot be easily or fully explained by the a simple comparison of the CYP450 enzyme pathways between two or more medications.
How does St. John's wort influence CYP3A4 and Pgp activity which is known to reduce cyclosporine concentrations?
  • St. John's wort is a substrate for the activation of the pregnane X receptor (PXR), which is a well known nuclear receptor found in the cytoplasm of various cells, including liver and gastrointestinal cells.(11,12)
  • The PXR is important because it is one of the transcription factors known to influence gene expression of both CYP3A4 and Pgp within the nucleus of hepatic and intestinal cells.(12,13)
  • Therefore, any substrate that activates PXR will also increase the gene expression of CYP3A4, which will make more CYP3A4 enzyme available to metabolize more cyclosporine and increase the expression of Pgp, which will increase the presence of Pgp mediated efflux of cyclosporine.

How does St. John's wort actually increase the gene transcription of both CYP3A4 and Pgp inside the cell?
  • St. John's wort is an herb that is derived from the tops of the flowering parts of Hypericum perforatum L. and is known to have several active ingredients which include cyclopseudohypericin, hypericin, hyperforin, isohypericin, protohypericin, pseudohypericin and several other flavonoids.(14) As it relates to these ingredients, hyperforin specially is a substrate, or activator, of PXR.(11)
  • As mentioned before, PXR is a nuclear receptor found in the cytoplasm of cells. It has 3 major domains that influence its function and level of activity on gene expression. The first domain, (activation function 1 (AF-1) domain) located at the amino terminus, is where recognition of other transcription factors and/or co-activators cause ligand-independent activation. The second domain (DNA-binding domain) is the part that directly binds to DNA to modulate gene transcription. The third domain (ligand-binding domain) on PXR is where substrates, like drugs, bind to "activate" the transcription of more genes.
  • Therefore, as St John's wort passes through the cell membrane, by diffusion or transport, it will bind to the ligand-binding domain of PXR in the cytoplasm. This causes a dissociation of the histone deacetylase-containing complex (transcriptions co-repressors) so that PXR can then enter the nucleus. Once in the nucleus of the cell, the ligand-receptor complex either recruits co-activators to form a homodimer or heterodimer with the retinoid X receptor (RXR), where it can now bind to response elements in the promoter and enhancer regions of the target gene. Once this occurs, gene transcription for CYP3A4 is turned on as well as activation of the ABCB1gene, which is needed to make Pgp.
  • The more CYP3A4 and Pgp transcribed, the greater the ability to metabolize medications known to be a substrate for CYP3A4 and eliminate substrates of Pgp from inside the cell, thereby accelerating their clearance from the body.

Last edited:
One thing I can add is that depending upon the severity of the reaction to the drug accelerating the metabolism of the drug may actually make your situation worse. In my case, perhaps rare and perhaps I took too much Saint Johns wort at once, the muscle stiffness was much worse in my kneck the following day and now my hearing has been affected in my left ear. Ugh

Still looking for answers and hoping for improvement

Hey guys

I am here to tell you that my psychiatrist has agreed to put me off of abilify maintena. What a relief!
I am 32 days off so I am somewhat back in the game.

The only side effect though is anxiety. I can tell you 100% that abilify maintena is much better than invega sustenna after experiencing both.

Let's go champ!

Seriously bro Respect Daniel but i think Antidépressant Maje you dumb before invega in ten years Antidépressant damage the brain place seroquel and risperdal sorry bro but i think you Lost you émotions before invega maybe you dont remember lot if people Lost émotion in few month you in ten years its just no possible Antidépressant its like antipsychotiques he increase sérotonine and decrease dopamine

Antidépressant damage the brain bro like antipsychotiques its the same so in ten years you dont lose émotion that it very strange and you take risperdal seroquel abilify and AD i understand now why you more strong like other people in this forum peace bro

Status
Not open for further replies.