• TDS Moderators: AlphaMethylPhenyl | Eligiu | deficiT

Mental Health Coming off Invega Sustenna (Paliperidone) v3

Status
Not open for further replies.
I originally wrote this for another poster:

I did try pacitane. "All my problems" were not resolved. It only helps with the akathisia and other movement related issues that you get, it's good for the first two months or so. It won't regenerate your brain to its pre-invega state. Only time will do that (We don't have the medical science to know what does fix it though)

So yeah, don't listen to the guy in the thread who kept spamming b.s about how he tried pacitane and all his problems on the invega were resolved, everyone's brain chemistry is different.

Any extra substance you now decide to start, like a new antidepressant, will counter the healing process in the long run as it will transfer one dependency to another. This means don't try wellbutrin like many in the thread did, from reading their reports, they were fine until their brains got used to it.

Cabergoline does help with the sexual side effects, but with a risk of psychosis. There are other dopamine agonists as well, but in general I wouldn't recommend them for the first three months off invega at least. If you do decide to do that, then go very very slow, in case you have an adverse reaction. In my case dopamine agonists worsened my akathisia and raised my blood pressure to dangerous levels.

I wouldn't start another AP like clopixol unless the doctor explicitly told you to do so, if you're psychotic, etc.

It's tricky because most doctors, once they have you on invega, they will be very hesitant to let you switch to something else, but if you go to a brand new doc and tell them you're looking for a new guy because the others didn't really help, they may be able to assist you in switching meds.

Why are you going on clopixol anyway? If you think it'll help you come off the invega, it will not. The injection tapers itself off. You may be able to get alternatives if you see a doctor. However, do realize that docs are generally bad with tapering, you may have to get invega pills, amazing detail in the guide here https://www.survivingantidepressants.org/topic/7101-tips-for-tapering-off-invega-paliperidone/

Last edited:
JonnyHallo you will heal trust me, you have lots of positive improvement and you can shoote with a street drugs is positive that.
@lifeline i scared for me and you.

Just a quick update, 4 and a half months since my last injection. (received 150 and 100 mg shots)
After I started taking bupropion I gradually started to feel better and now I have upped the dose to 300 mg a day and I'm doing pretty good right now! That just shows that most of the negative vibes we get from the drug is due to dopamine antagonism. I don't feel any anxiety anymore nor I feel depressed. I no longer wish to spend my days in bed, instead now I can easily play FPS games and such with my friends and have proper communication with them. Bupropion made me snap back to reality from the horrible dissociated state of mind that the drug caused. Inner monologue is almost back to pre-invega, and I no longer have those uncontrollable racing thoughts and earworms (parts of songs that get repeated over and over) that persisted for like 3-4 months, I first thought that they were symptoms of the psychosis but I've done some research and I now feel quite positive that dopamine deficiency is to blame for those. My theory is that when there's a deficiency for dopamine in the brain, the brain does anything to stimulate itself with racing thoughts, loops of songs etc.

I've been smoking some weed the past month and this morning was the first day I felt the body high too instead of just a head high. Weed definately works pretty good right now, gives me a smooth and relaxed state of mind. As for alcohol, I need to drink like 6 beers until I start to feel a little drunk, so that doesn't work like it used to, at least not yet.

I really suggest you guys to try to get a prescription for bupropion. At least for me, I feel like bupropion saved my life, before I got the prescription I was anxious and depressed as fuck. I almost couldn't take it anymore. I'd say that I was like 5% of what I was pre-invega before I started bupropion and now I feel like I'm 50-60% back to what I used to be. Really a lifesaver for me.
Now I can think pretty clearly, have an inner monologue, I feel joy and happiness, I feel motivated to do stuff and I no longer find everything pointless. Music is starting to sound good once again too!

I'm just so damn happy the worst part is now over. I almost died when I had my breakdown. I fucking drove my car 50 mph, eyes closed, several times. I'm happy to be alive right now.

Peace!

Im going to move this to the invega megathread I think youll get better answers there

There are exceptions to a patient’s right to refuse treatment. In an emergency, all bets are off. A doctor may provide involuntary treatment, usually a medication given by injection or by mouth, but only to control the emergency—which, again, is defined as “an imminent danger to self or others.” Whatever treatment is provided in an emergency cannot be continued after the immediate danger has passed, unless the patient agrees and gives informed consent. Clinicians cannot continue the #medication, even if it could prevent another emergency situation; the patient has the right to decide whether to continue or not...

Know your RIGHTS YOU HAVE HUMAN RIGHTS AND THEY ARE BEING VIOLATED. POST VIDEOS TO SOCIAL MEDIA GET THE WORD OUT ABOUT MENTAL ILLNESS AND HOW YOU ARE TREATED. I AM TAKING THEM DOWN BUT I AM 1. GAIA_MOTHEREARTH1 ON IG IS REVEALING THE DARKSIDE OF PSYCHIATRY. DON'T BE A VICTIM. FIND YOUR VOICE! DO NOT LET THESE PSYCHOPATHS GET AWAY WITH THIS. TAKE THEM DOWN! FUCK THE FDA FUCK BIG PHARMA FUCK PSYCHIATRY. IT'S A SCAM. THERE ARE NO TESTS NO CURES! THEY KNOW ABOUT THESE SIDE EFFECTS. YOU ARE A PROFIT. IF YOU KEEP QUIET THINGS WILL ONLY GET WORSE FOR YOU FOR PEOPLE YOU LOVE. WE'RE GUINEA PIGS. THIS GONNA BE A MASS MANDATORY INJECTION.

I just wanna pop in right quick and say that my shoulders are still sore from the intermittent injections. BUT I'm not mad. I'm not mad at any of the nurses that gave me the shots. I'm not mad at psychiatry as a whole. I'm not mad at the psychiatrists who prescribed it to me or the clinic that watched me carefully and prodded me to keep taking it. I am however very happy that I'm not on it anymore. I am feeling soooo much better. I've been doing cardio every single day and I'm eating more vegetables. I'm applying for entry level jobs and I feel confident enough to work as a dishwasher at a local restaurant. It will probly be evening/night shifts which is great since my body seems to want to sleep from morning 'til 1pm. My inner dialogue is coming back and I am getting better at speaking more spontaneously and being coherent at the same time in my speech. So ya, there is hope. In fact there is a ton of hope. This drug is by no means doom and gloom or 'the end'. In fact it might even be the 'start'... of something new. A new perspective on life that you never would have had, had you not been through this "struggle" let's call it.

Did anyone get alopecia from invega.. I have been reading on the net drug induced alopecia is reversible.. Guess I'm just wanting to get a timeline my hair will start growing back

Hello all. Day 331. No improvements. Mind still blank, no emotions, or libido. I don’t understand how so many have recovered at this point but I haven’t. It definitely depresses me. I haven’t felt reality in so long, I have just been in this maze. I really would like to feel better so that I could move forward with life. It has taken a toll on my mom and I don’t know what to do at this point. Is there anything different that you guys did that helped with recovery? & when you recovered, was it just like everything went back to normal in a moment or was it gradual?

I don’t like coming on the forum with nothing positive and I really wanted to be a recovery story at this point. But that’s just not my reality. I try to be positive everyday but at this point I really want to just die. No human deserves to be in this situation. It’s taken a toll on myself but also my family. I need some solutions seriously bc I’m almost at 11 months with no improvement and this just doesn’t seem real. There no way something should have this effect on you almost a year later.

I did the half life calculator and at this stage I should have 1.08 of invega left in my system. I thought by 2.0 the effects would go away. I don’t want to end up like rosi, and I always feared that when I joined this forum (no disrespect to her, it’s not her fault; and I believe she is doing better) but I want to return to a functional life.

I miss working, communicating with friends, smoking marijuana, working on my business, having a social life, so many things I’m missing out on from day to day. I’m tired of being in bed rest. I REALLY don’t know how much longer I can watch others live their lives while I suffer. I just dont see this as God’s Will for my life. & I pray that he would forgive me if I decide to take myself out of this life.

Hello all. Day 331. No improvements. Mind still blank, no emotions, or libido. I don’t understand how so many have recovered at this point but I haven’t. It definitely depresses me. I haven’t felt reality in so long, I have just been in this maze. I really would like to feel better so that I could move forward with life. It has taken a toll on my mom and I don’t know what to do at this point. Is there anything different that you guys did that helped with recovery? & when you recovered, was it just like everything went back to normal in a moment or was it gradual?

I don’t like coming on the forum with nothing positive and I really wanted to be a recovery story at this point. But that’s just not my reality. I try to be positive everyday but at this point I really want to just die. No human deserves to be in this situation. It’s taken a toll on myself but also my family. I need some solutions seriously bc I’m almost at 11 months with no improvement and this just doesn’t seem real. There no way something should have this effect on you almost a year later.

I did the half life calculator and at this stage I should have 1.08 of invega left in my system. I thought by 2.0 the effects would go away. I don’t want to end up like rosi, and I always feared that when I joined this forum (no disrespect to her, it’s not her fault; and I believe she is doing better) but I want to return to a functional life.

I miss working, communicating with friends, smoking marijuana, working on my business, having a social life, so many things I’m missing out on from day to day. I’m tired of being in bed rest. I REALLY don’t know how much longer I can watch others live their lives while I suffer. I just dont see this as God’s Will for my life. & I pray that he would forgive me if I decide to take myself out of this life.

Hi lifeline, I totally get how you feel. I feel terrible myself being injected 5 months ago and I still feel the restless pain in my severe depression. Please hang in there as am I and the rest of us on this site. Thank God I found some answers as to how long this poison will remain in my system. I'm starting to feel a bit better than when I was first injected back in December. I would recommend taking vitamin B12 and magnesium with exercise and eating healthy. It wouldn't hurt to try. Good luck to all of you on a speedy recovery, and I hope that lifeline writes me back soon. I feel I'm going through the same as you. Peace

I just wanna pop in right quick and say that my shoulders are still sore from the intermittent injections. BUT I'm not mad. I'm not mad at any of the nurses that gave me the shots. I'm not mad at psychiatry as a whole. I'm not mad at the psychiatrists who prescribed it to me or the clinic that watched me carefully and prodded me to keep taking it. I am however very happy that I'm not on it anymore. I am feeling soooo much better. I've been doing cardio every single day and I'm eating more vegetables. I'm applying for entry level jobs and I feel confident enough to work as a dishwasher at a local restaurant. It will probly be evening/night shifts which is great since my body seems to want to sleep from morning 'til 1pm. My inner dialogue is coming back and I am getting better at speaking more spontaneously and being coherent at the same time in my speech. So ya, there is hope. In fact there is a ton of hope. This drug is by no means doom and gloom or 'the end'. In fact it might even be the 'start'... of something new. A new perspective on life that you never would have had, had you not been through this "struggle" let's call it.
I understand what your saying it's just hard to agree with you lol how long have you been off invega injection?

Hey all, I got taken by mental health for posting about Chemtrails and Fluoride on Facebook, talk about the modern day Gestapo. So they injected me 3 times with Invega Sustenna and I basically had to swallow my pride and pitifully beg them with tears and desperation listing the horrifying side-effects I had, to get off it, then I was on 6 mg a day risperidone for about a month until they dropped the order, and I ceased taking the poison, this all started basically at New Years. About 3 months of drugging.
I was such a happy person before this happened, I remember feeling so excited playing battle royal games with my friends, but now I find no excitement or pleasure in anything, other than the first cigarette of the day, and the first couple of drinks of the night. To fend off thoughts of suicide over the Anhedonia, I drink practically every night, I’ve given up any hope of finding a woman, given the lack of social intelligence coupled with the physical incapability of having sex caused, seemingly permanently, by the injection.
Ive read many success stories, one from 2016, where a guy used Adderall and daily hour-long workout sessions, he recovered in 10 months.
I have been using 5-HTP Serotonin supplements in the morning, which gave some small sense of contentment the first couple of days, and I am moving on to using Lithium Orotate, but I will likely set up an appointment and get a script for Adderall and start working out every day.
Technically I am 5 months since the injection, I do feel a lot better, but having an in depth intellectual discussion with my friends seems like a long way away, and I really miss having those, especially since I am such a passionate activist about the conspiracies of eugenics and moral degradation of society taking place.
Anyways, it’s nearly midnight and I’ve drank half a bottle of scotch, but I am sure my post would be equally as retarded if I hadn’t, in fact I wouldn’t have even tried if I was sober.
Looking forward to documenting my journey, and maybe help some other people.

I’ll end on this note; you were given this injection because you were a threat to a nefarious agenda slowly unfolding, you are special, you are chosen, and so long as you keep far away from those chemical re-educators, you will make a difference.
Stay strong, and God bless

I myself have been off invega sustenna for 5 months and while I'm still suffering, it's not as bad as before. I have hope that in another few more months we LL be more well. Hang in there friend

Been off the shot for 4 months after 6-7 months of 234mg. ONE psychologist speculated that I had psychosis, which I totally didn't and slapped that label on me. Acting strange - yes but not psychotic. I was and am perfectly sane. Never heard voices or seen anything that wasn't there or believed anything strange that wasn't true. Got hospitalized after telling my brother I wanted to kill him because he pissed me off. Long story short I was put on Invega totally unjustifiably and completely normal and healthy. I have noticed decent improvements so far due to having a naturally fast metabolism but I have gained around 35 lbs. Thoughts are generally back and I have noticed sexual thoughts and some desires returning as well. I expect I'll be fine in another 4 months or so. Keep hopeful people.
Does your head ever hurt or body feel numb or stiff? This injection s been ruining my life since I last took it about 5 months ago

Been off of that poison of a invega sustenna for 5 months now and it's still eating up my body an mind. Is there any hope? Does anyone have any answers? Please write me back if you do thank you and all have a speedy recovery.

Been off of that poison of a invega sustenna for 5 months now and it's still eating up my body an mind. Is there any hope? Does anyone have any answers? Please write me back if you do thank you and all have a speedy recovery.

Yes, there is always hope. I know it sounds cliche, but this is true for things like psych drug abuse.

Also, I can't stress this fact enough. Sometimes it's not just your brain chemistry. It's your situation. You feel that your brain is fried permanently so you become unmotivated and don't really do anything besides look up how bad invega is. I know that, I was there. You have to believe in yourself.

Also, when you got your shot, you had to readjust your behavior and become lazier and more bed-rid while it was peaking in your bloodstream. Over time, invega was excreted out of your system. However, because you had practiced the "lazy" behaviors for such a long time on invega, your mind is programmed for them even as you come off it. We also see this in combat veterans who are trained for a specific routine, and they find themselves unable to readjust in "normal society" for a long time. Same goes for prisoners too.

What you have to do is slowly lose this routine, pop the pupple, so to speak. Even light exercise at a time can go a really long way. Do not lose hope.

What about the depression!? I got and have had since my 1st injection a tremendous amount of severe deppresion. I've been feeling suicidal for the first time in my life since taking this court ordered injection. I've been off of invega sustenna for 5 months now, what gives!?? Any of u guys out there feeling the same thing? And not just because your dic stopped working no offense as mine stopped working too..

Yes, there is always hope. I know it sounds cliche, but this is true for things like psych drug abuse.

Also, I can't stress this fact enough. Sometimes it's not just your brain chemistry. It's your situation. You feel that your brain is fried permanently so you become unmotivated and don't really do anything besides look up how bad invega is. I know that, I was there. You have to believe in yourself.

Also, when you got your shot, you had to readjust your behavior and become lazier and more bed-rid while it was peaking in your bloodstream. Over time, invega was excreted out of your system. However, because you had practiced the "lazy" behaviors for such a long time on invega, your mind is programmed for them even as you come off it. We also see this in combat veterans who are trained for a specific routine, and they find themselves unable to readjust in "normal society" for a long time. Same goes for prisoners too.

What you have to do is slowly lose this routine, pop the pupple, so to speak. Even light exercise at a time can go a really long way. Do not lose hope.
Thank you for your reply! I feel alittle bit better after you explained that. I hope for a speedy recovery I only had 3 shots including the intitial start up shot. I haven't been the same since it's been 7 months since the pigs took me from my home at gun point while my daughter was in the car with me. unbelievable! And than they forcibly injected me with that crap after being locked in the annex in phx az for 24 days and that was that.

Status
Not open for further replies.