• TDS Moderators: AlphaMethylPhenyl | Eligiu | deficiT

Mental Health Coming off Invega Sustenna (Paliperidone) v3

Status
Not open for further replies.
[

Have you noticed some improvements?
Anyone also feel like they cant defend themselves. You need dopamine to counterdefence yourself against arguments,criticism. Combined with lowered iq,cognitive impairment and parkinsonism its just impossible. I cant even self evaluate myself anymore. Im still self aware but my cognition is so much worse.
Positive thinking is what gets me through
No improvement at all. After a few months after the injection I was having multiple windows, but then I was just stuck feeling terrible all the time and it stays that way. I don't know when I can expect an improvement, maybe I'll feel better when there's no amount of the drug left, or maybe it will take a lot more than that.

it's been 5 months and I still experience extreme cognitive difficulty, I feel my brain burn if I think too much, it feels like dementia, maybe I am an extreme case and I don't want to discourage others, just sharing that you are not alone, nearly every second of the day I miss my old brain with its creativity and imagination and artistry, brilliance, sensitivity, passion, intuition, drive... I don't know how to live without those things, my soul is trapped / buried, it's like the 'self' part of my brain is gone, I am 30 and cannot bear to live this way for 50 years :cry:
Don't worry about being an extreme case, cause I'm an extreme case too. Severe anxiety, OCD, depression, different sorts of neurosis, almost no speech, no motivation or joy, I can't enjoy anything even a bit, music used to make me feel good, now listening to music hurts, it's like I'm listening to screams and pointless words, so I don't turn it on.

You won't live this way for 50 years, it will at most take you a couple of years to recover, if you didn't have many injections.

Reactions: ixi
A bit more than 6 months after the injection, yesterday and today are definitely the worst days I've ever had in my life, my mum said she's about to call an ambulance because my mental state is just too bad, I started crying that I don't want to end up in a hospital, so she told me she said that just out of anger, but my anxiety constantly tells me that one day she'll just give up and will actually call an ambulance, so I haven't slept this night at all, just for a couple of minutes and I had the worst nightmare ever, I literally woke up with piss in my panties. Eh, life's hard, I'm sorry for writing this but being able to tell somebody else about my problems actually makes me feel a tiny bit better. In 4 hours I'm gonna have my first ever talk through a phone call with a therapist, I'm really scared, but hopefully she'll understand, I mean, she's a therapist. Wish me luck.

A bit more than 6 months after the injection, yesterday and today are definitely the worst days I've ever had in my life, my mum said she's about to call an ambulance because my mental state is just too bad, I started crying that I don't want to end up in a hospital, so she told me she said that just out of anger, but my anxiety constantly tells me that one day she'll just give up and will actually call an ambulance, so I haven't slept this night at all, just for a couple of minutes and I had the worst nightmare ever, I literally woke up with piss in my panties. Eh, life's hard, I'm sorry for writing this but being able to tell somebody else about my problems actually makes me feel a tiny bit better. In 4 hours I'm gonna have my first ever talk through a phone call with a therapist, I'm really scared, but hopefully she'll understand, I mean, she's a therapist. Wish me luck.
how'd the talk with your therapist go?

That's so stressful. I hope the therapist is good and supportive.
I'm having sleep problems, too. This whole experience is soo traumatizing. I'm lucky to have family and friends who care and don't pressure me, but they don't understand my suffering ... I try to explain but it's hard to convey 💔

how'd the talk with your therapist go?
So I was extremely nervous before the phone call. I was at first reading everything from sheets of paper, I wrote two pages with size 8 font, so there was a lot of reading. I was really scared at first, then my reading out loud wasn't so bad, but after a couple of minutes I started to stutter a bit and my voice cracked, it wasn't as bad as I thought it would be though. The therapist was quite understanding, but I felt like she was being a little cold towards me, but that may be because she's a professionalist and she didn't want to show her emotions. She said that there's definitely a problem, especially with doctors misdiagnosing me which caused me a lot of trouble. To my surprise, my speech wasn't so bad when I talked to her, that was really, really weird. She noticed that, because I told her I'm extremely dumb after this drug, so she said that if she didn't know about my illness, she wouldn't have ever thought that I have such problems with speech and said that my statements were very logical. She asked me if it's tough talking to her, I said it's extremely tough. I explained that if I talk to my family I don't really know what to say and that I say a few words at most, but when I try to talk to her (therapist) or my psychiatrist, I tend to pretend that I'm not so mentally ill, I subconsciously try to look healthy, because I'm scared of what other people think of me, so even when it's extremely difficult for me to talk, I try to act like there's not so much problem, because I'm scared of being judged and I'm ashamed of my problems with speech and stupidity. Of course when we spoke for about 20-30 minutes already, I started to lose my words etc, I was getting more dumb with time, because my brain was sick of trying to look normal. She agreed that I probably am right about my hypothesis, but in the end she said that I need a therapist "face to face" and that phone calls will not be enough for me, she's from a city far distant from mine, so I can't visit her personally. She said that my psychiatrist seems like a really nice and trustful person, so I can ask her for some therapist around my place. I was looking around the Internet for a therapist around me and haven't found a single person that would admit patients face to face, so I have to stick to Skype with a camera, so a person can see my face and my emotions. A friend of mine recommended me a really good therapist from around my area, I called her yesterday and looked at her profile on the Internet, she really seems like a good and wise person, so I'll have an online chat on Friday or Monday.

Last edited:
yes, I had two high dose shots, 234 mg on March 31 and 156 mg on April 6. Tomorrow is 5 months since the last one

I agree about not being able to defend oneself, or even express how it feels. it's so unfair and unnatural and unholy
I’m responding to you because you were the only one to reach out to me. Listen warrior you will get better in time I promise. I thought I was going to suffer forever. Well at 8 months my suffering stopped. I no longer suffer or think about blue light. I was bed ridden for 8 months. I was dying everyday. I know you are suffering everyday but please hang on. People do commit suicide from invega, but you won’t because you are listening to me. I made it threw the torture phase and you will to. I’m watching you on blue light on the sidelines. No I have not recovered yet. I wish I was recovered, but I’m not. I feel better I’m not suffering but I have a long ways to go to heal. I started Wellbutrin everyday now and it helps but keeps you up all night sometimes. I need to find a sleep medication badly. I want you to stay strong. Sbar25 is getting better to because his post are finally positive now. I’m still praying for god to heal me everyday. Like I said I’m not healed not even close, but I’m not suffering. I can wait everyday now without being drives insane by invega. Guys listen I went from 145lbs to 117lbs now. I lost all my invega weight. My sex drive is almost back but my emotions are dull but I do feel some emotions but not strong emotions. My boyfriend left me which was best. Invega is deadly and I truly hope you all stays strong. It does get better. Read my post I thought I would never get better, but when I do heal I promise to let invega warriors know that I did. I don’t check blue light everyday so if you have any questions message me and I’ll check it soon. Good luck guys and again hold on. Shot I hate invega I’m still got invega in my system. I pray I recover soon. Good luck ixi I’m your friend always until you recover or I recover. Don’t give up girl. GODSPEED ❤️❤️❤️

So I was extremely nervous before the phone call. I was at first reading everything from sheets of paper, I wrote two pages with size 8 font, so there was a lot of reading. I was really scared at first, then my reading out loud wasn't so bad, but after a couple of minutes I started to stutter a bit and my voice cracked, it wasn't as bad as I thought it would be though. The therapist was quite understanding, but I felt like she was being a little cold towards me, but that may be because she's a professionalist and she didn't want to show her emotions. She said that there's definitely a problem, especially with doctors misdiagnosing me which caused me a lot of trouble. To my surprise, my speech wasn't so bad when I talked to her, that was really, really weird. She noticed that, because I told her I'm extremely dumb after this drug, so she said that if she didn't know about my illness, she wouldn't have ever thought that I have such problems with speech and said that my statements were very logical. She asked me if it's tough talking to her, I said it's extremely tough. I explained that if I talk to my family I don't really know what to say and that I say a few words at most, but when I try to talk to her (therapist) or my psychiatrist, I tend to pretend that I'm not so mentally ill, I subconsciously try to look healthy, because I'm scared of what other people think of me, so even when it's extremely difficult for me to talk, I try to act like there's not so much problem, because I'm scared of being judged and I'm ashamed of my problems with speech and stupidity. Of course when we spoke for about 20-30 minutes already, I started to lose my words etc, I was getting more dumb with time, because my brain was sick of trying to look normal. She agreed that I probably am right about my hypothesis, but in the end she said that I need a therapist "face to face" and that phone calls will not be enough for me, she's from a city far distant from mine, so I can't visit her personally. She said that my psychiatrist seems like a really nice and trustful person, so I can ask her for some therapist around my place. I was looking around the Internet for a therapist around me and haven't found a single person that would admit patients face to face, so I have to stick to Skype with a camera, so a person can see my face and my emotions. A friend of mine recommended me a really good therapist from around my area, I called her yesterday and looked at her profile on the Internet, she really seems like a good and wise person, so I'll have an online chat on Friday or Monday.
well i'm happy you were able to do it despite the struggle. hopefully this next one can help. i understand how shitty it is. i went through severe speech and social anxiety before a couple years back and it sucked. could barely be myself around my friends and typing a paragraph took me 20 minutes, and i had to pre meditate responses. it was just so unnatural and painful.

I’m responding to you because you were the only one to reach out to me. Listen warrior you will get better in time I promise. I thought I was going to suffer forever. Well at 8 months my suffering stopped. I no longer suffer or think about blue light. I was bed ridden for 8 months. I was dying everyday. I know you are suffering everyday but please hang on. People do commit suicide from invega, but you won’t because you are listening to me. I made it threw the torture phase and you will to. I’m watching you on blue light on the sidelines. No I have not recovered yet. I wish I was recovered, but I’m not. I feel better I’m not suffering but I have a long ways to go to heal. I started Wellbutrin everyday now and it helps but keeps you up all night sometimes. I need to find a sleep medication badly. I want you to stay strong. Sbar25 is getting better to because his post are finally positive now. I’m still praying for god to heal me everyday. Like I said I’m not healed not even close, but I’m not suffering. I can wait everyday now without being drives insane by invega. Guys listen I went from 145lbs to 117lbs now. I lost all my invega weight. My sex drive is almost back but my emotions are dull but I do feel some emotions but not strong emotions. My boyfriend left me which was best. Invega is deadly and I truly hope you all stays strong. It does get better. Read my post I thought I would never get better, but when I do heal I promise to let invega warriors know that I did. I don’t check blue light everyday so if you have any questions message me and I’ll check it soon. Good luck guys and again hold on. Shot I hate invega I’m still got invega in my system. I pray I recover soon. Good luck ixi I’m your friend always until you recover or I recover. Don’t give up girl. GODSPEED ❤❤❤
glad you're feeling better Paula! was it the wellbutrin?

I am hella embarrassed of myself. I gained so much weight that i don’t want to go out in public. I dont want anyone who knows me to see how fat ive gotten. My self esteem is the lowest its ever been. Im obsessed with diet and exercise. Its all that i think about. My psychiatrist said that if my blood work shows that my lipid levels are high, she would suggest me taking metformin. Idk if i am going to take it tho

Last edited:
I read well over 100 pages in a book today. First time I've done that in almost two years. I can feel my brain fog lifting. My libido isn't back yet but my vision has definitely improved. Colors are brighter! Stay focused guys, all will end well! :)
How many shots did you get.?

I am hella embarrassed of myself. I gained so much weight that i don’t want to go out in public. I dont want anyone who knows me to see how fat ive gotten. My self esteem is the lowest its ever been. Im obsessed with diet and exercise. Its all that i think about. My psychiatrist said that if my blood work shows that my lipid levels are high, she would suggest me taking metformin. Idk if i am going to take it tho
alot of people do return to their previous weight but online it says that some people don't. but i believe the majority do. i think you gain weight because APs interfere with your metabolism and prolactin. so once the medication is gone your prolactin levels and metabolism should return to normal and burn off the unnatural weight. diet and exercise i believe is necessary if you originally have trouble losing weight. i didn't read about it raising lipids levels though, is that what actually causes the weight gain? cause what i found was metabolism and prolactin interference.

Last edited:
I can't really say I feel better, but today I thought to myself "if I was able to call a therapist and talk to her for almost one hour, why not try to call a friend?", so I wrote to my friend "hey, how about I call you in the evening?", he was like "woah, I didn't expect that coming from you. Sure". So we talked for 81 minutes. 81 minutes, lol. Sure, it was hard to talk, but it wasn't terrible really, I couldn't find words several times, but in general I was able to have a nice conversation with him. I also went for a walk with my mum and my dog in the evening, she says "stay here with the dog, I'll go buy something in the shop", so I say "I'll do it", she stares at me like "is this him?", haha. So when I was inside I felt anxious, but it wasn't as bad as if I was about to pass out. I bought three little times, I left and I thought to myself "I actually did it". Moreover, I was listening to some relaxing music today and I felt a tiny bit of enjoyment during it. I really don't feel an improvement, but what I did, I did despite of feeling really bad and it turns out I can occasionally go to buy something or make a phone call. Sure, when I make a phone call to my doctor for example, my heart is beating really fast, but when I called my friend, it wasn't really so bad.

0-24 to elimante poison
24-48 for recovery
all should be resotred with time im hoping because these last 8 months have been really difficult im hoping to notice massive improvemnt in the next 4-24 months

Status
Not open for further replies.