• TDS Moderators: AlphaMethylPhenyl | Eligiu | deficiT

Mental Health Coming off Invega Sustenna (Paliperidone) v3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Got my 234 mg Invega Sustena shot today. I feel fine.

i got 2 156 mg and 1 117mg i i felt fine too. just lack of libido, no pleasurable orgasm, and little to no watery ejaculate which was embarrassing when hooking up. the libido and pleasurable orgasms came back after 1.5 months of being off it though which is rare i guess. most people take months or years. can't get high or drunk either. just like everyone else lol. that takes up to a year to get back. but it didn't change my emotions or cognition which is good.

memamtine is a NMDA receptor antagonist, right? NMDA plays a role in memory function. it'd help if there's alot of NMDA present and it'd only help with memory, but if anything there'd be low NMDA if there's even any interactions between APs and NMDA; and you don't wanna solve that with an NMDA antagonist.
It's a bit more complicated (still trying to fully understand that receptor), nmda antags could even help with dyskinesia and while nmda plays a role in memory, a bit less doesn't equal to worse memorization. Too much nmda is toxic, the receptor is named after the synthetic agonist and neurotoxin n methyl d aspartat. It limits the release of many transmitters including dopamine.
Yet that's not the main property of memantine which could help here, but the dopamine agonism which is the inverse of antipsychotics - which again doesn't equal to pro-psychotic. Both mechanisms are synergistic.

I don't wanna say that it's a magic thing or whatever but there are few meds which help with post acute withdrawal which the condition after antipsychotic use somehow mimicks and memantine is one.
If you want to avoid touching nmda, low dose of ami/sulpride is a possibility. While higher ones are antipsychotic, at 50mg it actually increases dopamine.

So far one dead end my state has a ton of shifty laws making it hard to sue these big drug companies. On to the next step. Major law firms across the country that will sue invega. It's gonna happen it's just a matter of time.

I applaud your efforts. One problem with suing over IQ is they'll say "psychosis causes brain damage" and claim the illness itself lowers IQ. That's what a psychiatrist told me. But it's got to be provable somehow. It's done massive damage to my IQ and brain

I applaud your efforts. One problem with suing over IQ is they'll say "psychosis causes brain damage" and claim the illness itself lowers IQ. That's what a psychiatrist told me. But it's got to be provable somehow. It's done massive damage to my IQ and brain
It's total bullshit here getting away with it. You can't lower everyone's IQ and get away with it.

I’m having severe depression and fears as I’m typing this. I need someone to help me I’m so scared this is permanent . Please guys I need recovery stories. I’m crying a lot and I just want my life back. I don’t want to lose my kids and can’t fight this guys I can’t. I’ve tried to everyday and it is getting worse. Why would god make me suffer so much. I mean I don’t know how to keep fighting. I just can’t. I can’t even care for my kids this isn’t right. I had a life that I can’t stop thinking about. I need someone to tell me it really gets better but it hasn’t.

When does the fears go away when. I’m scared to death every day. I’m tired of thinking this way. I don’t want to give up. I want to enjoy life again. Please god help me. Please help me

When does the fears go away when. I’m scared to death every day. I’m tired of thinking this way. I don’t want to give up. I want to enjoy life again. Please god help me. Please help me
think of the window you felt recently.. you were hoping for recovery at 6 months, but based on this list it'll probably take longer: https://www.bluelight.org/xf/thread...-paliperidone-v3.861790/page-43#post-14571463 on the bright side you can feel deeply enough to cry. you'll get there, give it more time.. it's hard now that we're in the middle of summer and it feels like you're missing out on outside activities and life. but think of this time next year, you'll be back with your kids enjoying the sunshine and warm weather.. I'm scared too, have pretty much given up, but anyone reading this forum can track and watch your progress and would tell you the same thing, you're well on your way to recovery !

6 months. I lost a lot of weight ( I had almost 80kg I think during antipsychotic pills and Invega shots, maybe I had 75 I don’t remember exactly but I’m aprox. 190cm so yeah my hands and legs were still skinny somehow but my face and belly were like a balloon, anyway I’ll weigh myself tomorrow and will keep you updated here but I want to say that I’m skinny again now, very little belly fat, almost non-existent, my face is quite normal). Anhedonia is not a problem for me anymore, energy and strength are coming back slowly ( like this will take up to 1 year I think to feel real improvements in this area , but it’s better than before) , still slow sometimes but not as before, waking up in the mornings it’s still a battle somedays..it’s hard to get up and when I wake up I still sleep for an hour or so sometimes but sometimes if it’s really necessary I can do it.
Overall, it gets better but you really have to be patient. It’s one of the battles of your life, perhaps the hardest, but you know..if you don’t fight to win nobody will do it for you. You can’t lose this one. Give it 1 year, give it 2 but don’t give up, rise from the ash.
Love you all

6 months. I lost a lot of weight ( I had almost 80kg I think during antipsychotic pills and Invega shots, maybe I had 75 I don’t remember exactly but I’m aprox. 190cm so yeah my hands and legs were still skinny somehow but my face and belly were like a balloon, anyway I’ll weigh myself tomorrow and will keep you updated here but I want to say that I’m skinny again now, very little belly fat, almost non-existent, my face is quite normal). Anhedonia is not a problem for me anymore, energy and strength are coming back slowly ( like this will take up to 1 year I think to feel real improvements in this area , but it’s better than before) , still slow sometimes but not as before, waking up in the mornings it’s still a battle somedays..it’s hard to get up and when I wake up I still sleep for an hour or so sometimes but sometimes if it’s really necessary I can do it.
Overall, it gets better but you really have to be patient. It’s one of the battles of your life, perhaps the hardest, but you know..if you don’t fight to win nobody will do it for you. You can’t lose this one. Give it 1 year, give it 2 but don’t give up, rise from the ash.
Love you all

Glad to hear you lost weight. I gained 50lbs on APs and am patiently waiting to get off of them to lose weight. I gained fat in the face and stomach too; can't see my cheekbones or abs. It sucks lol. October 2nd I get off meds completely and i'm hoping all this unattural fat burns up quickly. When did you lose the weight? Or did you just notice it at the 6th month mark

I started losing weight from month 3 off I think but I watched what I ate. I also smoked cigarettes all this time and before I took AP’s I noticed that smoking ciggs have a real impact on my weight so I’m sure this helped too. I have a good metabolism though

think of the window you felt recently.. you were hoping for recovery at 6 months, but based on this list it'll probably take longer: https://www.bluelight.org/xf/thread...-paliperidone-v3.861790/page-43#post-14571463 on the bright side you can feel deeply enough to cry. you'll get there, give it more time.. it's hard now that we're in the middle of summer and it feels like you're missing out on outside activities and life. but think of this time next year, you'll be back with your kids enjoying the sunshine and warm weather.. I'm scared too, have pretty much given up, but anyone reading this forum can track and watch your progress and would tell you the same thing, you're well on your way to recovery !
Thank you so much for responding. I do remember the window but it wasn’t a big window. Invega really kills me. I know your going threw the same as me. I keep asking god to forgive me for my wrong doings but he hasn’t answered me. I’m so scared and I’m sorry for not bringing hope to anyone but I’m in a dark place right now. I don’t even want to live anymore. I loved life. Hopefully I’ll see my 7 month update. I’m on my knees begging god to help me. Anyway I’ll try to get out of bed now. I have lost my life and I want to stop fighting. 6 months is long enough for any battle.

I started losing weight from month 3 off I think but I watched what I ate. I also smoked cigarettes all this time and before I took AP’s I noticed that smoking ciggs have a real impact on my weight so I’m sure this helped too. I have a good metabolism though
Can you feel emotions again? If so which emotions do you feel? Wow you made more improvements than me. I’m still dying

I can feel anger,sadness,joy sometimes but not like before yet, I got that morning feeling sometimes but all these good emotions are still somehow numb but I don’t panic because I feel that they will be like before at their time. Don’t worry you’re at least halfway there

Last edited:
You know I ask my boyfriend if I could hang out with him since i feel depressed today. You know it’s good to be around people who love you at this time of darkness but my boyfriend didn’t even seem he wanted to be around me which truly hurt my feelings badly. Damn I guess nobody gives a shit when you are suicidal. I mean I thought my boyfriend would say yes to me to hang out so I can feel better. He says he loves me but I don’t believe him now at all since I heard his response today. Broke my heart. I have no damn body. The hell with this

I can feel anger,sadness,joy sometimes but not like before yet, I got that morning feeling sometimes but all these good emotions are still somehow numb but I don’t panic because I feel that they will be like before at their time. Don’t worry you’re at least halfway there
yes hopefully half way there, but going threw this hell for another 6 months is impossible. I hope I’ll make it to recovery. Wow this is horrific.

Can anyone tell me if your energy ever comes back? When do u start getting out of bed again?

I’m having severe depression and fears as I’m typing this. I need someone to help me I’m so scared this is permanent . Please guys I need recovery stories. I’m crying a lot and I just want my life back. I don’t want to lose my kids and can’t fight this guys I can’t. I’ve tried to everyday and it is getting worse. Why would god make me suffer so much. I mean I don’t know how to keep fighting. I just can’t. I can’t even care for my kids this isn’t right. I had a life that I can’t stop thinking about. I need someone to tell me it really gets better but it hasn’t.
This drug can take a long time to recover from, so please be patient and hold on. I think you'll recover, it's probably a question of when. It has been 6 months since your last injection, right? If that's true, then that's good. I think things are going to get better for you, just try to be patient while you wait to recover.

Can anyone tell me if your energy ever comes back? When do u start getting out of bed again?
Around 8 months... still no energy but I’m finally going through the motions. I’m getting up going to work.. making lunch/ dinner. showering daily. It’s crazy that’s it’s already been alomost 9 months for me... I pray by Christmas I’ll be reborn

I'm disappointed because I'm not losing as much weight as I thought I was. I've lost about 10 pounds in about 2 weeks, which is good, but I'd like to be losing weight more quickly.

I'm not sure yet what the effect of losing weight is going to have on my recovery. The Invega being released into my system as a result of my weight loss could cause some of the side effects of the drug to come back, which I hope doesn't happen. Losing weight could also cause me to take longer to recover. I think I've had 18 shots. I'm not sure how many pounds of fat I have on me, but I think I gained over 50 pounds while being on Invega in addition to the small amount of fat I had before I was on Invega. I could have a considerable amount of the drug stored in my fat, which concerns me.

Status
Not open for further replies.