• Bluelight HOT THREADS
  • Let's Welcome Our NEW MEMBERS!

Coming off Invega Sustenna (Paliperidone) v3

AlphaMethylPhenyl

Moderator: MH
Staff member
It's probably for the better not to try to get high on drugs for the now. It's not going to fix things, and if anything, will make recovery that much more difficult, and much more complicated.

Kaatrina

Greenlighter
Hi all,

It's been one year and 5 months since I've been off the invega shot. This forum used to help me a lot, but now I have little motivation to come here because I just dont think about invega anymore.

I consider myself fully recovered. Things change when you go through something hard like this and I'm a different person than I was before, but as far as abilities go, I feel able to achieve everything that I could prior to invega.

I was doing really well at my internship with the state and at spring quarter in school. Around February, a little over a year off, I slowly started to fall back into delusions of reference. I was able to suppress these delusions until the end of March, when I ended up being involuntarily committed. I told them that I was allergic to the invega shot. They put me on the Invega pill for 8 days, and it blasted all the delusions out of my head. I started to develop a familiar lack of enjoyment and akathisia at the end of the 8 days. However, within three weeks or so of leaving the institution and being off the pill I feel no more detrimental effects from it.

I lost my internship and missed one final. However, my grades were so high that I still passed that class. I decided to keep some invega pills on hand. I am going to try to live most of my life at 100% and try to blast my brain out with the pills if I feel delusions coming on. I would rather live life to its fullest and crash when I have to than commit to living the rest of my life on a soul sucking medication.
I have a psych who is on board with this. I guess she had no choice, as the ultimatum was that I would keep the pills in my drawer in case of emergency or I would not see her...interestingly enough, she tried to convince me to be constantly on APs by saying that the only thing that stopped me from relapsing for a year was the invega shot in my system, because it takes that long to get out. The only time we will ever get a psych to admit that. I wonder if she tells that to the people she prescribes the shot to. That being said, I'm trying some talk therapy as well and it is helping.

I'm really just hoping that the psychotic relapse was related to the AP recovery. The label "schizophrenia" is just on too wide of a spectrum for me to accept with just two episodes. I feel like madness could have many causes. And that medication gives more problems than it solves.

Anyway, I am beyond a doubt fully recovered. It is absolutely possible.

Consider muting the naysayers on this forum who want to make themselves feel better by trying to make others despair. Reading their posts would make anyone question their own happiness. Have faith.

Ghostv2314

Bluelighter
Hi all,

It's been one year and 5 months since I've been off the invega shot. This forum used to help me a lot, but now I have little motivation to come here because I just dont think about invega anymore.

I consider myself fully recovered. Things change when you go through something hard like this and I'm a different person than I was before, but as far as abilities go, I feel able to achieve everything that I could prior to invega.

I was doing really well at my internship with the state and at spring quarter in school. Around February, a little over a year off, I slowly started to fall back into delusions of reference. I was able to suppress these delusions until the end of March, when I ended up being involuntarily committed. I told them that I was allergic to the invega shot. They put me on the Invega pill for 8 days, and it blasted all the delusions out of my head. I started to develop a familiar lack of enjoyment and akathisia at the end of the 8 days. However, within three weeks or so of leaving the institution and being off the pill I feel no more detrimental effects from it.

I lost my internship and missed one final. However, my grades were so high that I still passed that class. I decided to keep some invega pills on hand. I am going to try to live most of my life at 100% and try to blast my brain out with the pills if I feel delusions coming on. I would rather live life to its fullest and crash when I have to than commit to living the rest of my life on a soul sucking medication.
I have a psych who is on board with this. I guess she had no choice, as the ultimatum was that I would keep the pills in my drawer in case of emergency or I would not see her...interestingly enough, she tried to convince me to be constantly on APs by saying that the only thing that stopped me from relapsing for a year was the invega shot in my system, because it takes that long to get out. The only time we will ever get a psych to admit that. I wonder if she tells that to the people she prescribes the shot to. That being said, I'm trying some talk therapy as well and it is helping.

I'm really just hoping that the psychotic relapse was related to the AP recovery. The label "schizophrenia" is just on too wide of a spectrum for me to accept with just two episodes. I feel like madness could have many causes. And that medication gives more problems than it solves.

Consider muting the naysayers on this forum who want to make themselves feel better by trying to make others despair. Reading their posts would make anyone question their own happiness. Have faith.
Thanks for coming back to update us! Back in February you said you were about 90% recovered. Do you feel better than that now or do you just have a new perspective on recovery? I remember you saying your sexual function hadn’t fully returned, and giving an analogy about how once you dye your hair its never the same as virgin hair again. Is there anything you feel was irreversibly changed? And can you feel wine/alcohol fully now?

Besides that, how are your emotions? If I remember correctly, you’re a mother/wife and you were saying Invega made it harder to play that role. Do you feel strong emotional feelings toward your family now? Before Invega, I was a pretty sentimental guy. I cried tears of joy when my baby sister was born about a year ago. Then I cried a lot when I spent my last moments with my grandma before she passed. Even a good movie could make me tear up. Since Invega, I’m just dull, emotionally flat, and can’t cry at all. I also lost my sense of romantic love for a girl I was interested in pre invega. Do you feel deep feelings of romance, love, joy, excitement, sadness, etc?

Sorry to hear about the relapse. There were a few others in the past who relapsed after about that same amount of time off of Invega. So it is possible that it’s just a withdrawal psychosis. I’m glad you were able to avoid another injection! But keeping the pills on hand may be a good idea. Good luck with everything and thanks again for coming back, we could use more hope around here.

Sbar25

Bluelighter
It shuts down higher brain function guys. The way it works is it shuts down your ability to think properly. Excessive dopamine theory is wrong. Delusions can be cured without anti psychotics. I want my life back. I want my higher brain function to be working again. Will it? Who knows. All I know is this drug is NASTY. Really? They are stealing people's brain function?

Finessinit

Greenlighter
H
Hi all,

Hi, that’s great news!! You also said you were in injections how many did you receive?

Sbar25

Bluelighter
this is chemical torture people. I hate to be negative but this is about as bad as it gets....... REALLY!!!!! really? Living without dopamine?

AlphaMethylPhenyl

Moderator: MH
Staff member
Has anyone tried Kratom to help with social anxiety?
In an answer: yes. But, the dose increases as the majority of the effects wane with time.

There are many drugs that are less habit-forming than kratom, and don't require the "toss and wash" of ingesting grams of plant flour with water, which most users do several times daily. Also, "user" is a bit of a euphemism in this case. Kratom activates opioid receptors, creating a gnarly dependency and addiction. Better than classic opioids, but still a long shot from a first line of defense. At least one BL member has reported taking 10's of grams of it per day, in line with classic opioid addiction.

SSRIS, SNRIs, members of the propranolol family, hydroxyzine, cogentin, artane, some mild antipsychotics, mood stabilizers perhaps.

For activities: cognitive-behavioral therapy, meditation, exercise, trying to socialize regularly, being productive.

On the herb side possibly kava, valerian root, tuls, fish oil and more.

The brain heals like a scar. You want to rub it when it itches. But the itching means it's getting better. Try not to rub your brain with self-prescription of more drugs.

You want to feed your brain food, not give it another whack to the head. Think "heal". Nothing good will warp away all of your ills immediately. But fighting the good fight builds strength, and even character.

We're here for you 24-7.

Blakefree

Greenlighter
In an answer: yes. But, the dose increases as the majority of the effects wane with time.

There are many drugs that are less habit-forming than kratom, and don't require the "toss and wash" of ingesting grams of plant flour with water, which most users do several times daily. Also, "user" is a bit of a euphemism in this case. Kratom activates opioid receptors, creating a gnarly dependency and addiction. Better than classic opioids, but still a long shot from a first line of defense. At least one BL member has reported taking 10's of grams of it per day, in line with classic opioid addiction.

SSRIS, SNRIs, members of the propranolol family, hydroxyzine, cogentin, artane, some mild antipsychotics, mood stabilizers perhaps.

For activities: cognitive-behavioral therapy, meditation, exercise, trying to socialize regularly, being productive.

On the herb side possibly kava, valerian root, tuls, fish oil and more.

The brain heals like a scar. You want to rub it when it itches. But the itching means it's getting better. Try not to rub your brain with self-prescription of more drugs.

You want to feed your brain food, not give it another whack to the head. Think "heal". Nothing good will warp away all of your ills immediately. But fighting the good fight builds strength, and even character.

We're here for you 24-7.
Thank you for your advice AlphaMethylPhenyl. 😊

awesome31311

Bluelighter
I get the whole, if you can pay more you get better service model of health care, but in America it's at this extreme level where you are deprived of fundamental civil rights if you cannot afford it, vs being treated like a god if you are rich. wtf.

Ghostv2314

Bluelighter
How’s everyone doing lately? The anhedonia and boredom are really getting to me. Seems like time is passing so slow. I‘m glad I made it past the super depressed and suicidal phase, but it’s still a struggle to get through each day when you don’t really enjoy anything that much. Just constantly counting down the hours until bedtime. I’m almost 5 months off. Hoping the anhedonia improves a significant amount by the 6th month mark. It still blows my mind that I was originally told this shot would only last one month, with little to no side effects. Yet here I am almost half a year later, with this thing totally changing my mind, body, and life.

Sbar25

Bluelighter
How’s everyone doing lately? The anhedonia and boredom are really getting to me. Seems like time is passing so slow. I‘m glad I made it past the super depressed and suicidal phase, but it’s still a struggle to get through each day when you don’t really enjoy anything that much. Just constantly counting down the hours until bedtime. I’m almost 5 months off. Hoping the anhedonia improves a significant amount by the 6th month mark. It still blows my mind that I was originally told this shot would only last one month, with little to no side effects. Yet here I am almost half a year later, with this thing totally changing my mind, body, and life.

Yeah..... good point that's all anyone does is wait to go to sleep.