• TDS Moderators: AlphaMethylPhenyl | Eligiu | deficiT

Mental Health Coming off Invega Sustenna (Paliperidone) v3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Good new video for all.
He was on antipsychotics for 10 years.

EDIT: thought he said 14 years, not 10.

This was a great video. I agree with many things he said such as the meds affecting his passion. I have a similar story to him but luckily I didn't take Invega for as long. The longer you take psych meds, the longer it will take to recover from them. (Research half-life of medicine)

It’s has taken away my creativity, my passion, my sense of self and I can’t feel no type of emotions. Please tell me these will all come back with recovery. I’m about to commit suicide...

@Wokengenius - How long have you been in recovery? Many people in this thread recovered, and honestly the main factor is time. In time you will heal. Really.

Stay strong.

Everyone here is going through similar issues.

For me like a year. But I went without smoking for about a year and a month. I can feel effects of weed and alcohol I just have a blank mind and flatness but if I smoke I feel a lot better.
Try cold shower..in my opinion that gives energy to the brain and your brain neurotransmitters should be moving much faster .let me know if there's progress or not on your mind

It’s has taken away my creativity, my passion, my sense of self and I can’t feel no type of emotions. Please tell me these will all come back with recovery. I’m about to commit suicide...
Recovery for me took nearly 4 years, but I had been taking the injections for more than a year before I was able to stop. There were many times I contemplated ending my life, but I was able to recover every bit of myself and even become a stronger and better person because of Invega.

Small victory to report here, my muscle tremors have dissipated significantly since I stopped the drug. If anyone else is concerned about this, mine have decreased in number and in severity. I am closing in on 3 months since taking Invega, and I have gotten used to the pain of Invega. I’ll just keep waiting until recovery, and look for any small signs of improvement.

What I forgot to tell you guys was my condition when Im under psychosis. This can be so terrible and deadly. Thankfully Invega actually helped me with it. I'm thinking, are there any better medications without these terrible side effects?
The pill form of abilify seems to have least amount of side effects but that won't take away you're psychosis.

Good news my probation is ending this month on the 23rd. So I don't have to take invega anymore ! . 2 days ago I spoke to my doctor he told me he will listen to me for now on since my probation is going to be over and I'm going to go back to just taking pills for my anxiety . I hope to get prescribed Adivan or Xanax.

@Wokengenius - How long have you been in recovery? Many people in this thread recovered, and honestly the main factor is time. In time you will heal. Really.

Stay strong.

Everyone here is going through similar issues.
I’ve been in recovery for 10 months and it seems as if my sense of self if starting to diminish. I just need to talk to someone who has fully recovered because Im really feeling like I’m dying inside.

Recovery for me took nearly 4 years, but I had been taking the injections for more than a year before I was able to stop. There were many times I contemplated ending my life, but I was able to recover every bit of myself and even become a stronger and better person because of Invega.
I’m just hoping it doesn’t take that long for me. I’m suffering tremendously

I’ve been in recovery for 10 months and it seems as if my sense of self if starting to diminish. I just need to talk to someone who has fully recovered because Im really feeling like I’m dying inside.
You try taking anti anxiety medication . I want to get Adivan. When I take Adivan I forget about my problems.

Look, plenty of others like me have said in these threads that recovery from Invega Sustenna won't come as quick unless you push yourself to the absolute breaking point. That doesn't mean exhaust yourself until you are dead. KNOW your LIMITS. I was fasting and exercising constantly. Even pushed my mile run down to five minutes. I know working out and exercising seems impossible at first. But you can push it to just walking around a block when you feel up to it.

There were many many days I didn't feel I had the strength to even walk around a couple houses let alone a city block or a mile. Rest when you need to.

Look, plenty of others like me have said in these threads that recovery from Invega Sustenna won't come as quick unless you push yourself to the absolute breaking point. That doesn't mean exhaust yourself until you are dead. KNOW your LIMITS. I was fasting and exercising constantly. Even pushed my mile run down to five minutes. I know working out and exercising seems impossible at first. But you can push it to just walking around a block when you feel up to it.

There were many many days I didn't feel I had the strength to even walk around a couple houses let alone a city block or a mile. Rest when you need to.
I think drinking large amounts of herbal detox drinks help because when I drink them into the 2nd month I feel no side effects anymore. I take invega once every three months but December 30th was the last time I had to take this bull shit. Now since my probation is almost over I don't need anymore lethal injections .......

I hope those forced on this get revenge one way or another.

Looking forward to that as well.

probiotic drinks were my go to. Kombucha, GT's, Synergy, Kevita. Stuff like that.

Finally, I'm well over Vraylar now, thanks to Saint John's Wort, but I'm worried about the long term effects. Probably just gonna polish of this bottle and be done with supplements for a while.

Status
Not open for further replies.