• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Misc Coming off Gabapentin

Status
Not open for further replies.

hockeyros07

Bluelighter
I've been taking over 8,000mg a day to get high for about 4 days straight now. Will I have any side effects from stopping?

Possibly discontinuation syndrome. You realize that is 8 grams worth a day?

Possibly discontinuation syndrome. You realize that is 8 grams worth a day?
Is discontinuation syndrome essentially minor withdrawal from stopping the drug after short use or binge ? This is a rare term I don't hear often.

On a side note, I'm not sure about 4 days, but I know after months it's a horror show. It's horrendous. Death. Similar to benzos and alcohol but has its own flavor that lasts 1 week for the first severe physical symptomatic withdrawals and a second week to linger the effects but you feel 70-80% better

Gabapentin is a great tool to use to get off opiates and benzos, ESPECIALLY if you've never used it before that time, you'll feel it much more than someone who's taken it before. That's not the point I wanna make here though.
Tools are good and bad like a hammer I can build a house and smash my own face if I wanted.
I think it's great for helping withdrawals such as benzo withdrawals that I'm going through, I'm taking 300-900 mgs a day tops and never for more than 2 days straight.
I've posted here a thread during the time I went through my severed gaba withdrawal after a year of daily 900-1800 mgs gaba.
Here's the link to my timeline and how I felt
http://www.bluelight.org/vb/threads/813382-Gabapentin-withdrawal

Status
Not open for further replies.